Search Finding Aids
Virginia K. Saba and the United States Department of Health, Education and Welfare Division of Nursing collection
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the University of Pennsylvania. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in our reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
- University of Pennsylvania: Barbara Bates Center for the Study of The History of Nursing
- Virginia K. Saba and the United States Department of Health, Education and Welfare Division of Nursing collection
- Date [inclusive]:
- Call Number:
- MC 103
- 2.6 Linear feet
- This collection contains public health nursing data from the U.S. government. It includes a census of public health nurses and records from the Division of Nursing, Department of Health, Education and Welfare.
Cite as:Virginia K. Saba and the United States Department of Health, Education and Welfare Division of Nursing collection, Barbara Bates Center for The Study of The History of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
- Finding Aid's Permanent URL:
Dr. Virginia K. Saba, EdD, Honorary PhD, DS, RN, FAAN, FACMI, LL has been at the head of the integration of computer technology in the nursing profession nationally and internationally for over 30 years. She initiated academic technology programs and supported development of healthcare information technology systems, including the Clinical Care Classification (CCC) System. She is President/CEO of Sabacare, Inc. & the CCC System, integrating nursing terminology into electronic healthcare documentation systems.
Saba graduated from Skidmore College’s baccalaureate nursing program. She has a Masters of Nursing Arts from Teachers College, Columbia University; a Master of Science in Computer Technology of Management and a Doctorate of Education in Educational Administration and Scientific & Technical Information Science from American University, Washington, DC; and Honorary Doctorates from the University of Athens, Greece, and Excelsior College.
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Center staff, updated by Bethany Myers
This collection is unrestricted.
Copyright restrictions may apply. Please contact the Center with requests for copying and for authorization to publish, quote or reproduce the material.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Virginia K. Saba.
Controlled Access Headings
- United States Department of Health, Education and Welfare. Division of Nursing.
- Administrative records
- Public health nursing
- Saba, Virginia
- Saba, Virginia
- Health policy.
- Nursing--Government policy--United States.