Search Finding Aids
Student Essays Collection
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the University of Pennsylvania. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in our reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
- University of Pennsylvania: Biddle Law Library: Manuscripts Collection
- Student Essays Collection
- Date [inclusive]:
- Call Number:
- 2.25 linear feet (About 125 items)
- Text: [Box]
- This is an intentionally-assembled collection of essays written by former students of the University of Pennsylvania Law School from 1887 to 1936. Many of these are theses that were written at the end of the students' course of study. Most of the essays were written in the 1880s and 1890s.
Cite as:[Identification of item], in the Student Essays Collection, Biddle Law Library Manuscript Collections, MSS.013, Biddle Law Library, University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, PA.
- Finding Aid's Permanent URL:
Scope and Contents
This is an intentionally-assembled collection of essays written by former students of the University of Pennsylvania Law School from 1887 to 1936. Many of these are theses that were written at the end of the students' course of study. Most of the essays were written in the 1880s and 1890s.
Alphabetical by author.
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Jordon Steele
The archives reserves the right to restrict access to materials of sensitive nature. Please contact the department for further information.
Copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Custodial History note
Portions of this collections were maintained as part of the Biddle Law Library Pamphlet Collection before being transferred to the Archives.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Processing Information note
Processed by Jordon Steele, May 2009.
Controlled Access Headings
- Alumni and Alumnae