Search Finding Aids
House and library inventory
Ms. Codex 1925
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the University of Pennsylvania. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in our reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
- University of Pennsylvania: Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
- House and library inventory
- circa 1890-circa 1915
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1925
- 1 volume
- Inventory of the contents of a home and library probably located in Boston, Massachusetts likely written between circa 1890 to circa 1915.
Cite as:House and library inventory, circa 1890-circa 1915, Ms. Codex 1925, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts, University of Pennsylvania
- Finding Aid's Permanent URL:
Scope and Contents
A ledger with pre-printed, numbered pages comprising an inventory of the contents of a home and library probably located in Boston, Massachusetts. The inventory was likely written between circa 1890 to circa 1915. The first 94 pages have been excised. The Inventory of the home spans pages 94 to 101 and is chiefly arranged by room followed by its contents. a bathroom, bedrooms, dining room, entry, kitchen, parlor, and storeroom are listed. There are separate categories listing carpets, china, jewelry, and silverware. Following the contents of the house is an inventory of books listing over 300 works on pages 102 to 109. The volumes are listed by title and author and include biographies, history, literature, and poetry. A stationer's label is pasted on the inside front cover.
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Donna Brandolisio
This codex is open for research.
Copyright restrictions may exist. For most library holdings, the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania do not hold copyright. It is the responsibility of the requester to seek permission from the holder of the copyright to reproduce material from the Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts.
Source of Acquisition
Sold by De Wolfe & Wood (Alfred, Maine), 2018.
Controlled Access Headings
- Book catalogs
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts, American--19th century
- Home furnishings--Massachusetts--19th century
- Personal belongings--Massachusetts--19th century
- Private libraries--Massachusetts--19th century
Label on inside front cover: Hopper, Lewis & Co., Stationers, Boston.