Search Finding Aids
Edith Hyde DiSandro photographs
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the University of Pennsylvania. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in our reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
- University of Pennsylvania: Barbara Bates Center for the Study of The History of Nursing
- Edith Hyde DiSandro photographs
- Date [inclusive]:
- Call Number:
- MC 17
- 0.4 Linear feet (1 box)
- Graphic materials: [Box]
- These photographs were taken while DiSandro was in nursing school at Episcopal Hospital in Philadelphia. Included are exterior views of the Episcopal grounds; interior views of an operating room, chapel, and nurses residence (completed in 1900); group portraits of nurses and residents; and a formal portrait of DiSandro. Also included are some random photographs of group activities.
Cite as:Edith Hyde DiSandro photographs, Barbara Bates Center for The Study of The History of Nursing, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
- Finding Aid's Permanent URL:
DiSandro, born in 1902, studied nursing at the Hospital of the Protestant Episcopal Church in Philadelphia (Episcopal Hospital) from 1924 to 1927. This hospital was founded in 1851 and its nursing school was started in 1888.
This collection of 29 images has been arranged into one series with photographs grouped under several general categories: individual and/or groups portraits and buildings in interior and/or exterior settings.
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Center staff
This collection is unrestricted.
Copyright restrictions may apply. Please contact the Center with requests for copying and for authorization to publish, quote or reproduce the material.
Controlled Access Headings
- Episcopal Hospital School of Nursing.
- Philadelphia (Pa.)
- DiSandro, Edith Hyde, 1924-1927
- Nursing schools.
- Nursing students