University of Pennsylvania Finding Aids

Navigation Aids

University of Pennsylvania Finding Aids
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Date: 1930s
Remove
filtered Repository: Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
Remove
filtered Form/Genre: Minutes (Records)
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 7 out of 7  
Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]
1930-1949
(Bulk: 1947-1949)
Creator:
Clattenburg, Albert E., 1906-1987
Extent: 3 linear feet (3 boxes)
Albert E. Clattenburg, Jr. (1906-1987) was an official and a diplomat with the United States State Department who was involved in the revisions of the Geneva Convention from 1947 to 1949. This collection contains eighteen bound volumes of materials documenting Clattenburg's involvement in the International Red Cross Conferences relating to the Geneva Conventions. While most of the material is printed and was clearly disseminated to all members of committees and delegations, these are Clattenburg's working copies of minutes, reports, and amendments.
title
Albert E. Clattenburg, Jr. collection of International Red Cross conference materials
creator
Clattenburg, Albert E., 1906-1987
id
PUSp.Ms. Coll. 1305
repository
University of Pennsylvania Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
extent
3 linear feet (3 boxes)
inclusive date
1930-1949
bulk date
1947-1949
abstract/scope/contents
Albert E. Clattenburg, Jr. (1906-1987) was an official and a diplomat with the United States State Department who was involved in the revisions of the Geneva Convention from 1947 to 1949. This collection contains eighteen bound volumes of materials documenting Clattenburg's involvement in the International Red Cross Conferences relating to the Geneva Conventions. While most of the material is printed and was clearly disseminated to all members of committees and delegations, these are Clattenburg's working copies of minutes, reports, and amendments.
date_facet
1930s 1940s
bulk_date_facet
1940s
language_facet
English
name_facet
Clattenburg, Albert E., 1906-1987 Conference of Government Experts for the Study of the Conventions for the Protection of War Victims (1947 : Geneva, Switzerland). Diplomatic Conference for the Establishment of International Conventions for the Protection of Victims of War (1949 : Geneva, Switzerland). International Conference of the Red Cross (17th : 1948 : Stockholm, Sweden). International Conference of the Red Cross.
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Correspondence Drafts (documents) Minutes (Records) Reports
Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]
1818-2000
(Bulk: 1907-1998)
Creator:
Charlotte Cushman Club (Philadelphia, Pa.).
Extent: 16.6 linear feet (26 boxes)
Founded in 1907, the Charlotte Cushman Club was originally intended to provide respectable lodgings for actresses appearing in Philadelphia theaters. In the years of World War II the Club ceased to provide residential services, becoming a favorite gathering place of theater lovers as well as of the many actresses and actors visiting the city with their touring companies. The Charlotte Cushman Club Records offer insight into the activities, the administration, and the membership of the Club during the whole life of the organization, until its closure in 1998. The collection also includes part of the holdings of the former Club’s museum and library.
title
Charlotte Cushman Club records
creator
Charlotte Cushman Club (Philadelphia, Pa.).
id
PUSp.Ms. Coll. 1223
repository
University of Pennsylvania Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
extent
16.6 linear feet (26 boxes)
inclusive date
1818-2000
bulk date
1907-1998
abstract/scope/contents
Founded in 1907, the Charlotte Cushman Club was originally intended to provide respectable lodgings for actresses appearing in Philadelphia theaters. In the years of World War II the Club ceased to provide residential services, becoming a favorite gathering place of theater lovers as well as of the many actresses and actors visiting the city with their touring companies. The Charlotte Cushman Club Records offer insight into the activities, the administration, and the membership of the Club during the whole life of the organization, until its closure in 1998. The collection also includes part of the holdings of the former Club’s museum and library.
date_facet
1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s 1870s 1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s
bulk_date_facet
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s
language_facet
English
name_facet
Charlotte Cushman Club (Philadelphia, Pa.). Charlotte Cushman Club (Philadelphia, Pa.). Cushman, Charlotte, 1816-1876
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Account books Awards Brochures Clippings (information artifacts) Correspondence Engravings (prints) Minutes (Records) Photographs Plays (performed works) Scrapbooks Scripts Theater programs
Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]
1925-1960
(Bulk: 1930-1945)
Creator:
Davis Grange No. 1466 (Eighty-Four, Pennsylvania).
Extent: 0.4 linear feet (2 boxes)
The Davis Grange (a subchapter of the Pennsylvania State Grange and the National Grange of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry) was founded sometime in the late 19th or early 20th centuries, and was based in Eighty-Four, Washington County, Pennsylvania. The Davis Grange No. 1466 records date from 1925 to 1960, and include materials documenting the meetings, activities, and membership of the Davis Grange. This collection documents the life of an agricultural community in rural Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania State Grange activities in Washington County. The minute books in particular are a rich source of information and include records of members, such as their names, their activities, their accomplishments, and notices of their deaths.
title
Davis Grange No. 1466 records
creator
Davis Grange No. 1466 (Eighty-Four, Pennsylvania).
id
PUSp.Ms. Coll. 1119
repository
University of Pennsylvania Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
extent
0.4 linear feet (2 boxes)
inclusive date
1925-1960
bulk date
1930-1945
abstract/scope/contents
The Davis Grange (a subchapter of the Pennsylvania State Grange and the National Grange of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry) was founded sometime in the late 19th or early 20th centuries, and was based in Eighty-Four, Washington County, Pennsylvania. The Davis Grange No. 1466 records date from 1925 to 1960, and include materials documenting the meetings, activities, and membership of the Davis Grange. This collection documents the life of an agricultural community in rural Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania State Grange activities in Washington County. The minute books in particular are a rich source of information and include records of members, such as their names, their activities, their accomplishments, and notices of their deaths.
date_facet
1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s
bulk_date_facet
1930s 1940s
language_facet
English
name_facet
Davis Grange No. 1466 (Eighty-Four, Pennsylvania).
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Manuscripts, American--20th century Minute books Minutes (Records) Photographs
Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]
1912-1935
Creator:
University of Pennsylvania. Edwin T. Darby Dental Society.
Extent: 08 linear feet (2 volumes)
This collection contains the constitution and bylaws, meetings notes, and members’ lists of the Edwin T. Darby Dental Society of the University of Pennsylvania from 1912 to 1923 in the first volume and 1924 to 1935 in the second volume. It is named after Dr. Edwin T. Darby, one of the founding members of the University of Pennsylvania Dental School.
title
Edwin T. Darby Dental Society records
creator
University of Pennsylvania. Edwin T. Darby Dental Society.
id
PUSp.Ms. Codex 1734
repository
University of Pennsylvania Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
extent
08 linear feet (2 volumes)
inclusive date
1912-1935
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
This collection contains the constitution and bylaws, meetings notes, and members’ lists of the Edwin T. Darby Dental Society of the University of Pennsylvania from 1912 to 1923 in the first volume and 1924 to 1935 in the second volume. It is named after Dr. Edwin T. Darby, one of the founding members of the University of Pennsylvania Dental School.
date_facet
1910s 1920s 1930s
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
English
name_facet
University of Pennsylvania. Edwin T. Darby Dental Society. University of Pennsylvania. School of Dental Medicine.
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Constitutions Membership lists Minutes (Records)
Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]
1834-1999
Creator:
Zagadinow, Georgij, 1925-1999
Extent: 10 linear feet (19 boxes)
Georgij Sanji Zagadinow (1925-1999) was a Kalmyk immigrant to Philadelphia who spent much of his life working on a Kalmyk-English dictionary. The materials in this collection include literary and other sources from Soviet Kalmykia, as well as extensive documentation of the Kalmyk communities in the United States. Researchers interested in Inner Asian studies and US immigration history may wish to consult this collection.
title
Georgij Sanji Zagadinow collection of Kalmyk materials
creator
Zagadinow, Georgij, 1925-1999
id
PUSp.Ms. Coll. 1318
repository
University of Pennsylvania Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
extent
10 linear feet (19 boxes)
inclusive date
1834-1999
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Georgij Sanji Zagadinow (1925-1999) was a Kalmyk immigrant to Philadelphia who spent much of his life working on a Kalmyk-English dictionary. The materials in this collection include literary and other sources from Soviet Kalmykia, as well as extensive documentation of the Kalmyk communities in the United States. Researchers interested in Inner Asian studies and US immigration history may wish to consult this collection.
date_facet
1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s 1870s 1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
Russian
name_facet
Zagadinow, Georgij, 1925-1999 Society for the Promotion of Kalmyk Culture.
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Audiovisual materials Correspondence Dictionaries Minutes (Records) Notes Publications (document genre) Reports Sound recordings
Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]
1901-2016
Creator:
Hedgerow Theatre (Organization : Rose Valley, Pa.).
Extent: 59.5 linear feet (67 boxes)
The Hedgerow Theatre Company was established in 1923 by Jasper Deeter, a New York based actor and director. Located in the Rose Valley Arts and Crafts Community of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, Hedgerow holds the distinction as the longest serving Repertory Theatre in America. The Hedgerow Theatre Company records contains a wide variety of materials, from business records and show materials to member ephemera and photographs. The collection provides both a practical and intimate look into the workings of this repertory theatre.
title
Hedgerow Theatre Company records
creator
Hedgerow Theatre (Organization : Rose Valley, Pa.).
id
PUSp.Ms. Coll. 1321
repository
University of Pennsylvania Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
extent
59.5 linear feet (67 boxes)
inclusive date
1901-2016
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Hedgerow Theatre Company was established in 1923 by Jasper Deeter, a New York based actor and director. Located in the Rose Valley Arts and Crafts Community of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, Hedgerow holds the distinction as the longest serving Repertory Theatre in America. The Hedgerow Theatre Company records contains a wide variety of materials, from business records and show materials to member ephemera and photographs. The collection provides both a practical and intimate look into the workings of this repertory theatre.
date_facet
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
English
name_facet
Hedgerow Theatre (Organization : Rose Valley, Pa.). Deeter, Jasper Hedgerow Theatre (Organization : Rose Valley, Pa.). Reed, Penelope
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Administrative records Audiovisual materials Clippings (information artifacts) Correspondence Drawings (visual works) Financial records Minutes (Records) Photographs Playbills Plays (performed works) Promotional materials Prompt books Publications (documents) Scores Scrapbooks Scripts Theater programs Writings (documents)
Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]
1785-1982
Creator:
Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture
Extent: 103 boxes
The collection is divided into three major series: I. 18th and 19th century records, II. 20th century records, and III. John M. Okie papers. The first comprises correspondence, administrative records, and ephemera; the second, correspondence, committee records, financial records, proceedings, memorabilia, and collected agricultural material; the third consists of the papers of Okie, who served as assistant secretary of the Society from 1922 to 1928: he was responsible for the publication of Memoirs VI, a history of the P.S.P.A.
title
Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture records
creator
Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture
id
PUSp.Ms. Coll. 92
repository
University of Pennsylvania Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
extent
103 boxes
inclusive date
1785-1982
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The collection is divided into three major series: I. 18th and 19th century records, II. 20th century records, and III. John M. Okie papers. The first comprises correspondence, administrative records, and ephemera; the second, correspondence, committee records, financial records, proceedings, memorabilia, and collected agricultural material; the third consists of the papers of Okie, who served as assistant secretary of the Society from 1922 to 1928: he was responsible for the publication of Memoirs VI, a history of the P.S.P.A.
date_facet
1780s 1790s 1800s 1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s 1870s 1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
English
name_facet
Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Administrative records Correspondence Financial records Memoirs Memorabilia Minutes (Records)
« First • Previous • Next • Last »