Search Finding Aids
Finding Aids by Repository
Currently Used Filters
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
Subject: Corporate name filters: 2 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
Subject: Topic filters: 3 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
Bulk date filters: 2 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Grant, Elihu, 1873-1942
Extent: 5.2 linear feet ( )
Located approximately 12 miles west of Jerusalem, this site was originally excavated in 1911 and 1912 by Duncan Mackenzie for the Palestine Exploration Fund. Under the sponsorship of Haverford College, Haverford professor Elihu Grant undertook excavation at this mound from 1928 to 1931 and again in 1933. When the Bet Shemesh (Ain Shems) artifacts, known as the Haverford Collection, were purchased by the University Museum in 1962, the field notes, notes on pottery, plans, drawings, photographs, and correspondence relating to these finds were also acquired.
Schmidt, Erich Friedrich, 1897-1964
Extent: 1.95 linear feet
Excavation at Fara, initiated by German excavators between 1902 and 1903, was resumed in 1931 by Erich Schmidt, an archaeologist working under the aegis of the University Museum. Since the Museum’s participation was limited to one season which took place between February 15 and May 19, the records pertaining to this excavation are not numerous. The textual records at Fara include general correspondence, field notes, indexes and catalogues, and publications. Where possible, a chronological order was imposed on the records.