University of Pennsylvania Finding Aids

Navigation Aids

University of Pennsylvania Finding Aids
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: University of Pennsylvania
Remove
filtered Language: English
Remove
filtered Form/Genre: Architectural drawings (visual works)
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 6 out of 6  
Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]
1940-1946, 1980
Creator:
Kneedler, Mirick & Zantzinger.
Extent: 0.7 linear feet (3 boxes)
Kneedler, Mirick & Zantzinger was a Philadelphia architectural firm that designed and oversaw the construction of a property, owned by Albert C. Barnes, that was originally known as the Cornman Farm near Rapps Corner in Chester County, Pennsylvania. This collection includes correspondence (with the addition of some associated clippings and business records), which concerns the contracting and execution of the project, as well as architectural drawings from the project.
title
Kneedler, Mirick & Zantzinger records concerning Albert C. Barnes
creator
Kneedler, Mirick & Zantzinger.
id
PUSp.Ms. Coll. 403
repository
University of Pennsylvania Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
extent
0.7 linear feet (3 boxes)
inclusive date
1940-1946, 1980
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Kneedler, Mirick & Zantzinger was a Philadelphia architectural firm that designed and oversaw the construction of a property, owned by Albert C. Barnes, that was originally known as the Cornman Farm near Rapps Corner in Chester County, Pennsylvania. This collection includes correspondence (with the addition of some associated clippings and business records), which concerns the contracting and execution of the project, as well as architectural drawings from the project.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
English
name_facet
Kneedler, Mirick & Zantzinger. Barnes Foundation. Barnes, Albert C. (Albert Coombs), 1872-1951
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Architectural drawings (visual works) Correspondence
Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]
1946-2013
Creator:
Marlboro Music School and Festival.
Extent: 150 linear feet (227 boxes, 3 oversize folders)
The Marlboro Music School and Festival Records spans Marlboro’s history from 1950 through 2013 and showcases its influence on chamber music in America as it documents its growth from a small and informally organized summer school in the early 1950s to its current status as a prestigious institution that has shaped careers and inspired the formation of numerous renowned ensembles. The school's emphasis is on the intensive study of chamber music where young and senior professionals collaborate in a relaxed atmosphere that is removed from the demanding rehearsal and performance schedules that they face throughout the year. The collection comprises administrative documents, concert programs, printed promotional materials, articles and reviews, photographs, and audio-visual materials relating to the Marlboro School of Music and annual summer festival as well as the related Musicians from Marlboro touring series and the Marlboro Recording Society.
title
Marlboro Music School and Festival records
creator
Marlboro Music School and Festival.
id
PUSp.Ms. Coll. 950
repository
University of Pennsylvania Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
extent
150 linear feet (227 boxes, 3 oversize folders)
inclusive date
1946-2013
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Marlboro Music School and Festival Records spans Marlboro’s history from 1950 through 2013 and showcases its influence on chamber music in America as it documents its growth from a small and informally organized summer school in the early 1950s to its current status as a prestigious institution that has shaped careers and inspired the formation of numerous renowned ensembles. The school's emphasis is on the intensive study of chamber music where young and senior professionals collaborate in a relaxed atmosphere that is removed from the demanding rehearsal and performance schedules that they face throughout the year. The collection comprises administrative documents, concert programs, printed promotional materials, articles and reviews, photographs, and audio-visual materials relating to the Marlboro School of Music and annual summer festival as well as the related Musicians from Marlboro touring series and the Marlboro Recording Society.
date_facet
1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
English
name_facet
Marlboro Music School and Festival. Casals, Pablo, 1896-1973 Music at Marlboro. Musicians from Marlboro. Serkin, Rudolf, 1903-
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Administrative records Architectural drawings (visual works) Articles Audiovisual materials Brochures Clippings (information artifacts) Concert programs Correspondence Financial records Ledgers (account books) Letters Memorabilia Negatives (photographic) Newspapers Oral histories (document genres) Pamphlets Periodicals Photographs Press releases Printed ephemera Promotional materials Sound recordings Tape reels
Biddle Law Library: Law School Archives [Contact Us]
1873-2010
Creator:
University of Pennsylvania. Law School
Extent: 3.75 linear feet
The University of Pennsylvania Law School was founded in 1850 as the law department of the University of Pennsylvania. In fulfilling its core mission of providing legal education and scholarship, the school has hosted lecture series, symposiums, and other educational programs, and its students, faculty, and alumni have taken part in the activities of various academic legal societies. The school has undergone several renovations and construction projects over the years. In addition, the school has engaged in institutional development activities, including alumni relations and other promotional programs. Members of the school community have also taken part in a variety of extra-curricular activities and law school related social events. The Penn Law School Collection, 1890-2010, includes publications related to the law school's administration, student life, alumni activities, academic programs, departments, and history; promotional materials, invitations, and programs for events related to the law school; correspondence, minutes, and other material pertaining to the Penn Law School chapter of the Order of the Coif, an honorary legal society; and notes, correspondence, building plans, publications, and other material related to law school construction and renovations projects from the 1950s to the 1990s.
title
Penn Law School Collection
creator
University of Pennsylvania. Law School
id
PU-L.BLL.002
repository
University of Pennsylvania Biddle Law Library
extent
3.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1873-2010
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The University of Pennsylvania Law School was founded in 1850 as the law department of the University of Pennsylvania. In fulfilling its core mission of providing legal education and scholarship, the school has hosted lecture series, symposiums, and other educational programs, and its students, faculty, and alumni have taken part in the activities of various academic legal societies. The school has undergone several renovations and construction projects over the years. In addition, the school has engaged in institutional development activities, including alumni relations and other promotional programs. Members of the school community have also taken part in a variety of extra-curricular activities and law school related social events. The Penn Law School Collection, 1890-2010, includes publications related to the law school's administration, student life, alumni activities, academic programs, departments, and history; promotional materials, invitations, and programs for events related to the law school; correspondence, minutes, and other material pertaining to the Penn Law School chapter of the Order of the Coif, an honorary legal society; and notes, correspondence, building plans, publications, and other material related to law school construction and renovations projects from the 1950s to the 1990s.
date_facet
1870s 1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
English
name_facet
University of Pennsylvania. Law School Frankfurter, Felix, 1882-1965 Law Alumni Society (University of Pennsylvania) Order of the coif Roberts, Owen J. (Owen Josephus), 1875-1955 Spaak, Paul-Henri, 1899-1972 Wilson , James, 1742-1798
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Architectural drawings (visual works) Invitations Minutes Programs (documents) Publications
Biddle Law Library: Law School Archives [Contact Us]
1950s-1990s
Creator:
University of Pennsylvania. Law School
Extent: 1.3 linear feet
Photographs and other images documenting faculty, students, alumni events, and construction at Penn Law School from the 1950s through the 1990s.
title
Penn Law School Photograph Collection
creator
University of Pennsylvania. Law School
id
PU-L.BLL.003
repository
University of Pennsylvania Biddle Law Library
extent
1.3 linear feet
inclusive date
1950s-1990s
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Photographs and other images documenting faculty, students, alumni events, and construction at Penn Law School from the 1950s through the 1990s.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
English
name_facet
University of Pennsylvania. Law School
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Architectural drawings (visual works) Photographs Postcards
Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]
1983-2011
Creator:
Venturi, Robert
Extent: 0.2 linear feet (1 box and 1 oversize folder)
This collection contains letters, dating from 1983 to 2011, from Robert Venturi, an American architect, to Martin Filler, an architecture critic and author, and Rosemarie Bletter, an architectural historian, professor, writer, and lecturer.
title
Robert Venturi letters to Martin Filler and Rosemarie H. Bletter
creator
Venturi, Robert
id
PUSp.Ms. Coll. 1235
repository
University of Pennsylvania Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
extent
0.2 linear feet (1 box and 1 oversize folder)
inclusive date
1983-2011
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
This collection contains letters, dating from 1983 to 2011, from Robert Venturi, an American architect, to Martin Filler, an architecture critic and author, and Rosemarie Bletter, an architectural historian, professor, writer, and lecturer.
date_facet
1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
English
name_facet
Venturi, Robert Bletter, Rosemarie Haag Filler, Martin, 1948- Scott Brown, Denise, 1931-
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Architectural drawings (visual works) Correspondence
Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts [Contact Us]
circa 1866-2013, bulk 1965-1990
Creator:
Teacher, Stuart
Extent: 5.5 linear feet (11 boxes)
This collection, dating from 1866 to 2013, contains published works, personal papers, business records and ephemera assembled by Stuart “Buz” Teacher, who founded Running Press with his brother, Lawrence “Larry” Teacher in 1972. Published works that inspired Running Press in its early years are included herein, along with documents that pertain to the publishing house's subsequent growth and sale to the Perseus Books Group in 2002. Around 1983, the Teacher brothers began restoring a townhouse at 125 South 22nd Street in Philadelphia; the documentation of this process is also included in the collection.
title
Stuart Teacher collection of Running Press material
creator
Teacher, Stuart
id
PUSp.Ms. Coll. 1209
repository
University of Pennsylvania Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
extent
5.5 linear feet (11 boxes)
inclusive date
circa 1866-2013, bulk 1965-1990
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
This collection, dating from 1866 to 2013, contains published works, personal papers, business records and ephemera assembled by Stuart “Buz” Teacher, who founded Running Press with his brother, Lawrence “Larry” Teacher in 1972. Published works that inspired Running Press in its early years are included herein, along with documents that pertain to the publishing house's subsequent growth and sale to the Perseus Books Group in 2002. Around 1983, the Teacher brothers began restoring a townhouse at 125 South 22nd Street in Philadelphia; the documentation of this process is also included in the collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
English
name_facet
Teacher, Stuart Bullitt, John C. (John Christian), 1824-1902 Perseus Publishing. Running Press Teacher, Lawrence, -2014
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Architectural drawings (visual works) Business records Legal documents Notebooks Photograph albums Photographs School records
« First • Previous • Next • Last »