Search Finding Aids
Finding Aids by Repository
Currently Used Filters
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
Creator filters: 2 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
Subject: Corporate name filters: 4 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
All names filters: 4 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Alumnae Association of Mercy-Douglass School of Nursing.
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
This collection consists of two parts: records of the alumnae association in the period of Mercy Hospital and records of the organization under its present name. It complements the Mercy-Douglass Hospital records (MC 78) in that the latter are exclusively hospital and school records organically created before the hospital closed in 1973. The alumnae association collection contains historical accounts of the hospital and the school as prepared by the alumni, minutes of alumni meetings, programs of various kinds of activities the association sponsored, newsletters, correspondence, clippings, and material the association collected of other organizations.
Extent: 0.8 linear feet
This artificial collection contains miscellaneous small donations related to the Philadelphia General Hospital School of Nursing. They were primarily given by alumni over a period of many years, but some items are of unknown provenance. This collection may include artifacts, publications, personal papers, photographs, and records related to the PGH Training School for Nurses.
Presbyterian School of Nursing.
Extent: 152 linear feet
This collection documents the founding, flourishing and eventual closing of the Presbyterian School of Nursing, a hospital-based nursing school in Philadelphia. The hospital itself was founded in 1871 under the sponsorship of the Presbyterian Church. Its nurse training program was begun in 1889. The collection's strength is the relative completeness of student records, good documentation of the school's curricula and teaching materials. The supportive role both the Ladies Aid Society and the Alumni Association played in the growth of the School are evident in these records.