Search Finding Aids
Finding Aids by Repository
Currently Used Filters
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
Subject: Topic filters: 4 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
Form/Genre filters: 1 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Medico-Chirurgical College of Philadelphia.
Extent: 21.5 cubic feet
The Medico-Chirurgical College had its origins in 1848 as the Medico-Chirurgical Society, but it would not be until 1881 that Dr. George P. Oliver, who had been a member of the old society and held title to the new charter, organized a faculty to hold classes. In 1916 Medico-Chirurgical College’s Department of Medicine and the Department of Dentistry merged with the University of Pennsylvania. The Medico-Chirurgical College and Hospital of Philadelphia Records consist mainly of administrative and financial records for the College and Hospital from the late nineteenth through to it's merger with the University of Pennsylvania in 1916.
Nones, Robert H., (Robert Hodgson), 1864-1936,
Extent: 0.25 cubic feet
Robert Hodgson Nones was appointed dean of the dentistry department at Medico-Chiruchical College in 1898, and organized the dental department at Philadelphia General Hospital in 1900 where he was head oral surgeon. The Robert Hodgson Nones Papers contain material from his tenure as dean of Medico-Chiruchical College's dental department - principally an address to the 1903 graduating class, and list of professors and instructors.