University of Pennsylvania Finding Aids

Navigation Aids

University of Pennsylvania Finding Aids
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Subject: Person: Frankfurter, Felix, 1882-1965
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 1 out of 1  
Biddle Law Library: Law School Archives [Contact Us]
1873-2010
Creator:
University of Pennsylvania. Law School
Extent: 3.75 linear feet
The University of Pennsylvania Law School was founded in 1850 as the law department of the University of Pennsylvania. In fulfilling its core mission of providing legal education and scholarship, the school has hosted lecture series, symposiums, and other educational programs, and its students, faculty, and alumni have taken part in the activities of various academic legal societies. The school has undergone several renovations and construction projects over the years. In addition, the school has engaged in institutional development activities, including alumni relations and other promotional programs. Members of the school community have also taken part in a variety of extra-curricular activities and law school related social events. The Penn Law School Collection, 1890-2010, includes publications related to the law school's administration, student life, alumni activities, academic programs, departments, and history; promotional materials, invitations, and programs for events related to the law school; correspondence, minutes, and other material pertaining to the Penn Law School chapter of the Order of the Coif, an honorary legal society; and notes, correspondence, building plans, publications, and other material related to law school construction and renovations projects from the 1950s to the 1990s.
title
Penn Law School Collection
creator
University of Pennsylvania. Law School
id
PU-L.BLL.002
repository
University of Pennsylvania Biddle Law Library
extent
3.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1873-2010
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The University of Pennsylvania Law School was founded in 1850 as the law department of the University of Pennsylvania. In fulfilling its core mission of providing legal education and scholarship, the school has hosted lecture series, symposiums, and other educational programs, and its students, faculty, and alumni have taken part in the activities of various academic legal societies. The school has undergone several renovations and construction projects over the years. In addition, the school has engaged in institutional development activities, including alumni relations and other promotional programs. Members of the school community have also taken part in a variety of extra-curricular activities and law school related social events. The Penn Law School Collection, 1890-2010, includes publications related to the law school's administration, student life, alumni activities, academic programs, departments, and history; promotional materials, invitations, and programs for events related to the law school; correspondence, minutes, and other material pertaining to the Penn Law School chapter of the Order of the Coif, an honorary legal society; and notes, correspondence, building plans, publications, and other material related to law school construction and renovations projects from the 1950s to the 1990s.
date_facet
1870s 1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
English
name_facet
University of Pennsylvania. Law School Frankfurter, Felix, 1882-1965 Law Alumni Society (University of Pennsylvania) Order of the coif Roberts, Owen J. (Owen Josephus), 1875-1955 Spaak, Paul-Henri, 1899-1972 Wilson , James, 1742-1798
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Architectural drawings (visual works) Invitations Minutes Programs (documents) Publications