Search Finding Aids
Finding Aids by Repository
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
Creator filters: 1 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
Subject: Place filters: 1 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Extent: 2.8 linear foot
The Museum collections, initially displayed in the University Library in the Furness Building, were transferred to the new building in 1898. In the years that followed, the collections and the space available continued to grow and the Museum prepared both permanent and loan exhibits. The earliest Museum exhibits can be found in the records of the individual sections. An exhibit staff member was appointed in 1940; the staff remaining relatively small. Although exhibit catalogs date from 1892, few files were kept, and the photographic collections are often helpful in documenting past exhibitions. The files are arranged chronologically. Exhibit catalogs are filed separately (see Special Collections— Publications).
Extent: 0.4 linear foot (the collection consists of six folders housed in an archival box)
In 1979, during her sabbatical leave from Rowan University in Glassboro, New Jersey, Dr. Linda Mather took a trip to Pakistan to study the clothing of Pakistani women. Dr. Mather traveled through the city and rural areas of Pakistan taking photographs of the women and their clothing. The results of Dr. Mather’s study are compiled in a collection she gifted to the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Anthropology and Archaeology. The collection consists of correspondence, research activities, journals, exhibitions and photographs.