Search Finding Aids
Finding Aids by Repository
Currently Used Filters
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
Creator filters: 1 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
Subject: Corporate name filters: 3 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
Bulk date filters: 3 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Extent: 0.28 linear feet
The Harvard-Baghdad School Expedition (American Schools of Oriental Research, A.S.O.R) was sent to Excavate Nuzi near Kirkuk in Iraq. The expedition members consisted of staff from the Fogg Museum of Art, the Harvard Semitic Museum, and A.S.O.R., Baghad. Excavations commenced in 1927-1928. From 1929 to 1931, the University Museum extended financial aid and the services of a helper, C.Bache, in return for his field training. Very few records pertaining to this excavation are available in the Museum’s Archives, probably reflecting the Museum’s limited participation. Where possible, a chronological order was imposed on the Near East records.
Grant, Elihu, 1873-1942
Extent: 5.2 linear feet ( )
Located approximately 12 miles west of Jerusalem, this site was originally excavated in 1911 and 1912 by Duncan Mackenzie for the Palestine Exploration Fund. Under the sponsorship of Haverford College, Haverford professor Elihu Grant undertook excavation at this mound from 1928 to 1931 and again in 1933. When the Bet Shemesh (Ain Shems) artifacts, known as the Haverford Collection, were purchased by the University Museum in 1962, the field notes, notes on pottery, plans, drawings, photographs, and correspondence relating to these finds were also acquired.