PACSCL Finding Aids

Navigation Aids

PACSCL Finding Aids
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Institution: Morris Arboretum Archives
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 5 out of 5  
Morris Arboretum Archives [Contact Us]
circa 1924-1976
Creator:
Wherry, Edgar Theodore, 1885-1982
Extent: 23 linear feet
Dr. Edgar T. Wherry (1885-1982) was a mineralogist and botanist who specialized in ferns. He was a professor of botany at the University of Pennsylvania from 1930-1955, and in 1932 he was appointed ecologist to the Morris Arboretum. The Dr. Edgar T. Wherry botanical lantern slides, circa 1920s-1976, consist of dozens of lantern slides (primarily hand-painted photographs) created by Dr. Edgar T. Wherry depicting botanical specimens, some from the Morris Arboretum and others from locations throughout the world. There is also one slide script from a 1976 lecture on Phlox in the collection. (View full finding aid.)
title
Dr. Edgar T. Wherry botanical lantern slides
creator
Wherry, Edgar Theodore, 1885-1982
id
MA.04
repository
extent
23 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1924-1976
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Dr. Edgar T. Wherry (1885-1982) was a mineralogist and botanist who specialized in ferns. He was a professor of botany at the University of Pennsylvania from 1930-1955, and in 1932 he was appointed ecologist to the Morris Arboretum. The Dr. Edgar T. Wherry botanical lantern slides, circa 1920s-1976, consist of dozens of lantern slides (primarily hand-painted photographs) created by Dr. Edgar T. Wherry depicting botanical specimens, some from the Morris Arboretum and others from locations throughout the world. There is also one slide script from a 1976 lecture on Phlox in the collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Morris Arboretum Archives [Contact Us]
1854-1932
(Bulk: 1886-1932)
Creator:
Morris, Lydia Thompson, 1849-1932
Extent: 9.5 linear feet
The land that is now the Morris Arboretum at the University of Pennsylvania, the official Arboretum of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, was previously the private estate of Quaker siblings John Thompson Morris (1847-1915) and Lydia Thompson Morris (1849-1932). The John and Lydia Morris estate papers, 1854-1932, consist of the siblings' papers primarily relating to the adjacent lands they donated to form the Arboretum--Compton and Bloomfield estates. The collection includes financial ledgers, receipts, correspondence, and other primary-source documents, as well as secondary-source copies of Morris family documents held elsewhere and articles on the Morris family. (View full finding aid.)
title
John and Lydia Morris estate papers
creator
Morris, Lydia Thompson, 1849-1932
id
MA.01
repository
extent
9.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1854-1932
bulk date
1886-1932
abstract/scope/contents
The land that is now the Morris Arboretum at the University of Pennsylvania, the official Arboretum of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, was previously the private estate of Quaker siblings John Thompson Morris (1847-1915) and Lydia Thompson Morris (1849-1932). The John and Lydia Morris estate papers, 1854-1932, consist of the siblings' papers primarily relating to the adjacent lands they donated to form the Arboretum--Compton and Bloomfield estates. The collection includes financial ledgers, receipts, correspondence, and other primary-source documents, as well as secondary-source copies of Morris family documents held elsewhere and articles on the Morris family.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Morris Arboretum Archives [Contact Us]
1885-2000
(Bulk: 1885-1950)
Creator:
University of Pennsylvania. Morris Arboretum
Extent: 12 linear feet
The land that is now the Morris Arboretum at the University of Pennsylvania, the official Arboretum of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, was previously the private estate of Quaker siblings John Thompson Morris (1847-1915) and Lydia Thompson Morris (1849-1932). The Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania Historic Image Collection, 1885-2000, includes photographs, lantern slides, glass plates, postcards, and film negatives, primarily depicting the botanical features and buildings of the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. (View full finding aid.)
title
Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania Historic Image Collection
creator
University of Pennsylvania. Morris Arboretum
id
MA.03
repository
extent
12 linear feet
inclusive date
1885-2000
bulk date
1885-1950
abstract/scope/contents
The land that is now the Morris Arboretum at the University of Pennsylvania, the official Arboretum of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, was previously the private estate of Quaker siblings John Thompson Morris (1847-1915) and Lydia Thompson Morris (1849-1932). The Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania Historic Image Collection, 1885-2000, includes photographs, lantern slides, glass plates, postcards, and film negatives, primarily depicting the botanical features and buildings of the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Morris Arboretum Archives [Contact Us]
1909-2013
Creator:
University of Pennsylvania. Morris Arboretum
Extent: 8 linear feet
The land that is now the Morris Arboretum at the University of Pennsylvania, the official Arboretum of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, was previously the private estate of Quaker siblings John Thompson Morris (1847-1915) and Lydia Thompson Morris (1849-1932). The Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania plans, drawings, and maps collection, 1909-2013, depicts the lands, gardens, buildings, and landscape features of the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. (View full finding aid.)
title
Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania plans, drawings, and maps collection
creator
University of Pennsylvania. Morris Arboretum
id
MA.05
repository
extent
8 linear feet
inclusive date
1909-2013
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The land that is now the Morris Arboretum at the University of Pennsylvania, the official Arboretum of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, was previously the private estate of Quaker siblings John Thompson Morris (1847-1915) and Lydia Thompson Morris (1849-1932). The Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania plans, drawings, and maps collection, 1909-2013, depicts the lands, gardens, buildings, and landscape features of the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Morris Arboretum Archives [Contact Us]
1933-2013
Creator:
University of Pennsylvania. Morris Arboretum
Extent: 53 linear feet
The land that is now the Morris Arboretum at the University of Pennsylvania, the official Arboretum of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, was previously the private estate of Quaker siblings John Thompson Morris (1847-1915) and Lydia Thompson Morris (1849-1932). Bequeathed to the University of Pennsylvania in 1933, it was part of the University's Botany Department until, in 1975, it was established as a separate Interdisciplinary Resource Center. The Morris Arboretum at the University of Pennsylvania records, 1933-2013, include the office files of former directors, various administrative and financial records, correspondence, press clippings about the Arboretum, membership reports, programs and ephemera, publicity photographs. (View full finding aid.)
title
Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania records
creator
University of Pennsylvania. Morris Arboretum
id
MA.02
repository
extent
53 linear feet
inclusive date
1933-2013
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The land that is now the Morris Arboretum at the University of Pennsylvania, the official Arboretum of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, was previously the private estate of Quaker siblings John Thompson Morris (1847-1915) and Lydia Thompson Morris (1849-1932). Bequeathed to the University of Pennsylvania in 1933, it was part of the University's Botany Department until, in 1975, it was established as a separate Interdisciplinary Resource Center. The Morris Arboretum at the University of Pennsylvania records, 1933-2013, include the office files of former directors, various administrative and financial records, correspondence, press clippings about the Arboretum, membership reports, programs and ephemera, publicity photographs.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • Next • Last »