Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Subject: Place: Bucks County (Pa.)
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • NextLast »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 50 out of 179  
New Hope Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1960-1996
Creator:
New Hope gazette (Pa.)
Extent: 4 linear feet
The newspaper Bucks County Gazette began publication in 1948, became the New Hope Gazette in 1976, and still publishes articles as part of the Bucks Local News network (as of 2013). The "New Hope Gazette" photographs and subject files, circa 1960-1996, consist primarily of photographs from the files of the newspaper offices, depicting people in alphabetically-arranged files. There are also some subject files on events, artists, buildings, schools, and other topics, containing additional photographs as well as clippings, pamphlets and ephemera, and other miscellaneous documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
"New Hope Gazette" photographs and subject files
creator
New Hope gazette (Pa.)
id
NHHS.03
repository
extent
4 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1960-1996
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The newspaper Bucks County Gazette began publication in 1948, became the New Hope Gazette in 1976, and still publishes articles as part of the Bucks Local News network (as of 2013). The "New Hope Gazette" photographs and subject files, circa 1960-1996, consist primarily of photographs from the files of the newspaper offices, depicting people in alphabetically-arranged files. There are also some subject files on events, artists, buildings, schools, and other topics, containing additional photographs as well as clippings, pamphlets and ephemera, and other miscellaneous documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Perkasie Historical Society [Contact Us]
1982-2001
Creator:
News Herald (Perkasie, Pa.)
Extent: 16 linear feet
Still in existence as of 2013, the News Herald was originally a local publication based in Perkasie, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The paper now exists as part of the Montgomery Media conglomerate as the Perkasie News-Herald. The News Herald photographs and negatives, 1982-2001, consist of photographic prints and negatives taken by reporters and photographers working for the newspaper. The images document local people, structures, and events. (View full finding aid.)
title
"News Herald" photographs and negatives
creator
News Herald (Perkasie, Pa.)
id
PERK.01
repository
extent
16 linear feet
inclusive date
1982-2001
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Still in existence as of 2013, the News Herald was originally a local publication based in Perkasie, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The paper now exists as part of the Montgomery Media conglomerate as the Perkasie News-Herald. The News Herald photographs and negatives, 1982-2001, consist of photographic prints and negatives taken by reporters and photographers working for the newspaper. The images document local people, structures, and events.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Yardley Historical Association [Contact Us]
1985-circa 2003
Creator:
Yardley News (Yardley, Pa.)
Extent: 57 linear feet
Yardley News, which began publication around 1947, is now part of BucksLocalNews.com published by Journal Register Company. The newspaper covers Yardley Borough, Lower Makefield Township, Morrisville Borough, and all of Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The Yardley News photographs, 1985-circa 2003, consist of photograph files from the newspaper that are roughly sorted chronologically by newspaper issue; a small portion have been sorted alphabetically by subject. The photographs depict local events, people, organizations, and buildings. (View full finding aid.)
title
"Yardley News" photographs
creator
Yardley News (Yardley, Pa.)
id
YHA.01
repository
extent
57 linear feet
inclusive date
1985-circa 2003
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Yardley News, which began publication around 1947, is now part of BucksLocalNews.com published by Journal Register Company. The newspaper covers Yardley Borough, Lower Makefield Township, Morrisville Borough, and all of Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The Yardley News photographs, 1985-circa 2003, consist of photograph files from the newspaper that are roughly sorted chronologically by newspaper issue; a small portion have been sorted alphabetically by subject. The photographs depict local events, people, organizations, and buildings.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Newtown Historic Association [Contact Us]
1918-2003
(Bulk: 1918-1922)
Creator:
A.W. and W.M. Watson Lumber Company.
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
A.W. and W.M. Watson Lumber Company was founded in Newtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania in 1872. The company was acquired by Frost Lumber in 1953 and became Frost-Watson Lumber Corporation. The A.W. and W.M. Watson Company mill work order forms, 1918-2003 (bulk 1918-1922), consist of two large volumes of mill work order forms, 1918-1922, as well as several items of ephemera. (View full finding aid.)
title
A.W. and W.M. Watson Lumber Company mill work order forms
creator
A.W. and W.M. Watson Lumber Company.
id
NHA.16
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1918-2003
bulk date
1918-1922
abstract/scope/contents
A.W. and W.M. Watson Lumber Company was founded in Newtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania in 1872. The company was acquired by Frost Lumber in 1953 and became Frost-Watson Lumber Corporation. The A.W. and W.M. Watson Company mill work order forms, 1918-2003 (bulk 1918-1922), consist of two large volumes of mill work order forms, 1918-1922, as well as several items of ephemera.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Fireman's Hall Museum [Contact Us]
circa 1960s-1990s
Creator:
Wills, Albert E., 1923-2004
Extent: 4.5 linear feet
Albert E. Wills was a fireman in Bucks County, Pennsylvania and a historian of fire fighting. He was an authority on antique fire apparatus, fire marks, and fire ephemera. The Albert E. Wills papers, circa 1960s-1990s, are comprised of binders compiled by Wills relating to fire fighting history and equipment, containing his research notes, newspaper clippings, drafts of articles and speeches, and correspondence relating to apparatus appraisal. (View full finding aid.)
title
Albert E. Wills papers
creator
Wills, Albert E., 1923-2004
id
FHM.11
repository
extent
4.5 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1960s-1990s
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Albert E. Wills was a fireman in Bucks County, Pennsylvania and a historian of fire fighting. He was an authority on antique fire apparatus, fire marks, and fire ephemera. The Albert E. Wills papers, circa 1960s-1990s, are comprised of binders compiled by Wills relating to fire fighting history and equipment, containing his research notes, newspaper clippings, drafts of articles and speeches, and correspondence relating to apparatus appraisal.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Perkasie Historical Society [Contact Us]
1923-1991
(Bulk: 1925-1969)
Creator:
American Legion. Hartzell-Crouthamel Post No. 280 (Perkasie, Pa.)
Extent: 5 linear feet
Hartzell-Crouthamel Post No. 280 (Perkasie, Pa.) of the American Legion was founded shortly after World War I in 1919 and granted a charter on August 1, 1920. The Post's Auxiliary was organized in 1921. The American Legion Hartzell-Crouthamel Post No. 280 (Perkasie, Pa.) records, 1923-1991 (bulk 1925-1969), consist largely of minute books, account books, membership records, photographs, and certificates. Also included are some records from the Auxiliary to Hartzell-Crouthamel Post, No. 280, and junior auxiliary membership applications. (View full finding aid.)
title
American Legion Hartzell-Crouthamel Post No. 280 (Perkasie, Pa.) records
creator
American Legion. Hartzell-Crouthamel Post No. 280 (Perkasie, Pa.)
id
PERK.02
repository
extent
5 linear feet
inclusive date
1923-1991
bulk date
1925-1969
abstract/scope/contents
Hartzell-Crouthamel Post No. 280 (Perkasie, Pa.) of the American Legion was founded shortly after World War I in 1919 and granted a charter on August 1, 1920. The Post's Auxiliary was organized in 1921. The American Legion Hartzell-Crouthamel Post No. 280 (Perkasie, Pa.) records, 1923-1991 (bulk 1925-1969), consist largely of minute books, account books, membership records, photographs, and certificates. Also included are some records from the Auxiliary to Hartzell-Crouthamel Post, No. 280, and junior auxiliary membership applications.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Craven Hall Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 2000-2004
Creator:
Sutcliffe, Andrea J.
Extent: 2 linear feet
Andrea Sutcliffe is the author of Steam: The Untold Story of America's First Great Invention, a book published in 2004. Steam is about John Fitch, inventor of the first American engine capable of propelling a boat and proprietor of the world's first commercial steamboat service. The Andrea Sutcliffe book research files for "Steam," circa 2000-2004, consist mostly of copies of secondary articles about Fitch with some correspondence, copies of primary source documents, and research notes. (View full finding aid.)
title
Andrea Sutcliffe book research files for "Steam"
creator
Sutcliffe, Andrea J.
id
CRJF.02
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 2000-2004
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Andrea Sutcliffe is the author of Steam: The Untold Story of America's First Great Invention, a book published in 2004. Steam is about John Fitch, inventor of the first American engine capable of propelling a boat and proprietor of the world's first commercial steamboat service. The Andrea Sutcliffe book research files for "Steam," circa 2000-2004, consist mostly of copies of secondary articles about Fitch with some correspondence, copies of primary source documents, and research notes.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Bensalem Township [Contact Us]
1957-1995
Creator:
Bensalem (Pa. : Township)
Extent: 4 linear feet
Settled by the Dutch, Swedes, and English, Bensalem Township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, was a farming community until the 1950s and 1960s when the area underwent a significant amount of suburban development. The Bensalem Township clippings scrapbooks, 1957-1995, document this transition period in Bensalem's history. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bensalem Township clippings scrapbooks
creator
Bensalem (Pa. : Township)
id
HSBT.02
repository
extent
4 linear feet
inclusive date
1957-1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Settled by the Dutch, Swedes, and English, Bensalem Township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, was a farming community until the 1950s and 1960s when the area underwent a significant amount of suburban development. The Bensalem Township clippings scrapbooks, 1957-1995, document this transition period in Bensalem's history.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Bensalem Township [Contact Us]
1986-1990
Creator:
Bensalem (Pa. : Township). Tax Collector
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
Settled by the Dutch, Swedes, and English, Bensalem Township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, was a farming community until the 1950s and 1960s when the area underwent a significant amount of suburban development. The Bensalem Township tax assessment rolls, 1986-1990, consist of 17 volumes of real estate assessment rolls. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bensalem Township tax assessment rolls
creator
Bensalem (Pa. : Township). Tax Collector
id
HSBT.05
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1986-1990
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Settled by the Dutch, Swedes, and English, Bensalem Township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, was a farming community until the 1950s and 1960s when the area underwent a significant amount of suburban development. The Bensalem Township tax assessment rolls, 1986-1990, consist of 17 volumes of real estate assessment rolls.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Montgomery County [Contact Us]
1901-1930
Creator:
Bergey Family Association.
Extent: 0.8 linear feet
The first reunion of the Bergey family was held in Bucks County, Pennsylvania in 1900. The family descends from Hans Ulrich Bergey, a Swiss-born Mennonite who settled in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania around 1717. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bergey Family Association records
creator
Bergey Family Association.
id
HSMC.11
repository
extent
0.8 linear feet
inclusive date
1901-1930
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The first reunion of the Bergey family was held in Bucks County, Pennsylvania in 1900. The family descends from Hans Ulrich Bergey, a Swiss-born Mennonite who settled in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania around 1717.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Doylestown Historical Society [Contact Us]
1987-2010
(Bulk: 1987-1988)
Creator:
Strecker, Betty Jane, 1933-
Extent: 1.33 linear feet
The area now known as Doylestown (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was given to Edward Doyle as a land grant from William Penn in 1692. Doylestown became the county seat of Bucks County in 1812, and the area flourished when a railroad line was completed between Doylestown and Philadelphia in 1856. Doylestown's historic downtown began to deteriorate in the early 1960s, but the town was revitalized in part due to an architectural preservation movement. The Betty Strecker Doylestown Sesquicentennial records, consists mostly of records of the Doylestown Sesquicentennial Committee and papers relating to Strecker's role as its coordinator, including correspondence, newspaper clippings, photographs of people and events, applications for Doylestown Sesquicentennial Queen, a scrapbook, some published items, event planning materials, and copies of Doylestown: 150 Years, published by the Committee. There are also some personal records and papers from other organizations with which Strecker was affiliated (such as Doylestown Historical Society) and a few materials from the 1938 Centennial celebration. (View full finding aid.)
title
Betty J. Strecker Doylestown Sesquicentennial records
creator
Strecker, Betty Jane, 1933-
id
DOY.14
repository
extent
1.33 linear feet
inclusive date
1987-2010
bulk date
1987-1988
abstract/scope/contents
The area now known as Doylestown (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was given to Edward Doyle as a land grant from William Penn in 1692. Doylestown became the county seat of Bucks County in 1812, and the area flourished when a railroad line was completed between Doylestown and Philadelphia in 1856. Doylestown's historic downtown began to deteriorate in the early 1960s, but the town was revitalized in part due to an architectural preservation movement. The Betty Strecker Doylestown Sesquicentennial records, consists mostly of records of the Doylestown Sesquicentennial Committee and papers relating to Strecker's role as its coordinator, including correspondence, newspaper clippings, photographs of people and events, applications for Doylestown Sesquicentennial Queen, a scrapbook, some published items, event planning materials, and copies of Doylestown: 150 Years, published by the Committee. There are also some personal records and papers from other organizations with which Strecker was affiliated (such as Doylestown Historical Society) and a few materials from the 1938 Centennial celebration.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Andalusia Foundation [Contact Us]
1747-2011
Creator:
Biddle family
Extent: 70 linear feet
Nicholas Biddle (1786-1844) was one of the most prominent men in early 19th century America, best known as President of the Second National Bank of the United States. Many of his family members were also prominent to their contemporaries and to history, including Nicholas's brother, Commodore James Biddle (1783-1848), who served in the Navy for decades and worked to open up trade with Asia. The Biddle family papers, 1747-2011, consist largely of original manuscript documents from a number of Biddle family members, notably Nicholas Biddle (1786-1844), Commodore James Biddle (1783-1848), Letitia Glenn Biddle (1864-1950), Charles J. Biddle (1890-1972) and Katharine Legendre Biddle (1893-1973), and Nicholas Biddle, Jr. (1917-2013). In addition, there are some secondary-source materials pertaining to the Biddle family and the administration of Andalusia, the family's ancestral home. (View full finding aid.)
title
Biddle family papers
creator
Biddle family
id
AF.01
repository
extent
70 linear feet
inclusive date
1747-2011
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Nicholas Biddle (1786-1844) was one of the most prominent men in early 19th century America, best known as President of the Second National Bank of the United States. Many of his family members were also prominent to their contemporaries and to history, including Nicholas's brother, Commodore James Biddle (1783-1848), who served in the Navy for decades and worked to open up trade with Asia. The Biddle family papers, 1747-2011, consist largely of original manuscript documents from a number of Biddle family members, notably Nicholas Biddle (1786-1844), Commodore James Biddle (1783-1848), Letitia Glenn Biddle (1864-1950), Charles J. Biddle (1890-1972) and Katharine Legendre Biddle (1893-1973), and Nicholas Biddle, Jr. (1917-2013). In addition, there are some secondary-source materials pertaining to the Biddle family and the administration of Andalusia, the family's ancestral home.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library [Contact Us]
1730-1998
Creator:
Bristol (Pa. : Borough)
Extent: 35 linear feet
Bristol Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, became an important area due to its location along the Delaware River, a major land route, and subsequent rail line linking Philadelphia and New York City. Incorporated in 1720, it served as the county seat from 1705 to 1726. The Bristol (Pa.) Borough municipal records, 1730 to 1998, consist of Borough Council meeting minutes, roll books, ordinances, and financial records. Also included are records from various departments and subgroups of the Borough, in particular Bristol Water Department and Police Department records, and Justice of the Peace dockets. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bristol Borough (Pa.) municipal records
creator
Bristol (Pa. : Borough)
id
MRGML.01
repository
extent
35 linear feet
inclusive date
1730-1998
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Bristol Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, became an important area due to its location along the Delaware River, a major land route, and subsequent rail line linking Philadelphia and New York City. Incorporated in 1720, it served as the county seat from 1705 to 1726. The Bristol (Pa.) Borough municipal records, 1730 to 1998, consist of Borough Council meeting minutes, roll books, ordinances, and financial records. Also included are records from various departments and subgroups of the Borough, in particular Bristol Water Department and Police Department records, and Justice of the Peace dockets.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library [Contact Us]
1856-2000
Creator:
Bristol (Pa. : Borough). School District
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
The Bristol Borough School District, located in the southeastern part of Bucks County, is bordered on the east by the Delaware River and is surrounded on the remaining three sides by the Bristol Township School District. The School District's first building was built in 1837; the first class graduated in 1883. For many years Bristol High School served as a regional High School for students from surrounding communities. The Bristol Borough (Pa.) School District records, 1856-2000, consists of letters from teachers, budget reports, strategic plans, and financial records, as well as a few school newspapers and photographs. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bristol Borough (Pa.) School District records
creator
Bristol (Pa. : Borough). School District
id
MRGML.04
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1856-2000
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Bristol Borough School District, located in the southeastern part of Bucks County, is bordered on the east by the Delaware River and is surrounded on the remaining three sides by the Bristol Township School District. The School District's first building was built in 1837; the first class graduated in 1883. For many years Bristol High School served as a regional High School for students from surrounding communities. The Bristol Borough (Pa.) School District records, 1856-2000, consists of letters from teachers, budget reports, strategic plans, and financial records, as well as a few school newspapers and photographs.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library [Contact Us]
2007-2012
Creator:
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library
Extent: 1 linear feet
From 2007-2012, the Bristol Oral History Initiative Committee organized three oral history projects with residents of Bristol Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The first project was conducted by Borough students in the 7th and 8th grades. The interviewees were family members and community leaders, each discussing their life growing up in Bristol. The second series of interviews was conducted by 10th and 11th graders, and focused on Bristol veterans and residents on the home front during World War II. The third series interviewed Bristolians who were involved with baseball in Bristol during the 1930’s, 1940’s, and 1950’s. The Bristol History collection of oral history projects, 2007-2012, consists of digital audio recordings of oral history interviews from all three projects, as well as a small amount of background information about the projects and interviewees, some transcripts, and copies of photographs of some of the tri-fold poster boards created by students about the people they interviewed. The collection of oral histories continues as an initiative between the Bristol Cultural and Historical Foundation and the Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bristol History collection of oral history projects
creator
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library
id
MRGML.12
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
2007-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
From 2007-2012, the Bristol Oral History Initiative Committee organized three oral history projects with residents of Bristol Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The first project was conducted by Borough students in the 7th and 8th grades. The interviewees were family members and community leaders, each discussing their life growing up in Bristol. The second series of interviews was conducted by 10th and 11th graders, and focused on Bristol veterans and residents on the home front during World War II. The third series interviewed Bristolians who were involved with baseball in Bristol during the 1930’s, 1940’s, and 1950’s. The Bristol History collection of oral history projects, 2007-2012, consists of digital audio recordings of oral history interviews from all three projects, as well as a small amount of background information about the projects and interviewees, some transcripts, and copies of photographs of some of the tri-fold poster boards created by students about the people they interviewed. The collection of oral histories continues as an initiative between the Bristol Cultural and Historical Foundation and the Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library [Contact Us]
circa 1860-2013
Creator:
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library
Extent: 7 linear feet
Bristol Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, became an important area due to its location along the Delaware River, a major land route, and subsequent rail line linking Philadelphia and New York City. Incorporated in 1720, it served as the county seat from 1705 to 1726. The Bristol History photograph collection, circa 1860-2013, consists of various photographs, mostly originals with some copies, relating to Bristol (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) and surrounding areas. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bristol History photograph collection
creator
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library
id
MRGML.07
repository
extent
7 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1860-2013
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Bristol Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, became an important area due to its location along the Delaware River, a major land route, and subsequent rail line linking Philadelphia and New York City. Incorporated in 1720, it served as the county seat from 1705 to 1726. The Bristol History photograph collection, circa 1860-2013, consists of various photographs, mostly originals with some copies, relating to Bristol (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) and surrounding areas.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library [Contact Us]
1749-2013
Creator:
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library
Extent: 25 linear feet
Bristol Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, became an important area due to its location along the Delaware River, a major land route, and subsequent rail line linking Philadelphia and New York City. Incorporated in 1720, it served as the county seat from 1705 to 1726. The Bristol History small collections, 1749-2013, consist of various individual manuscript volumes and small collections relating to the people, businesses, properties, and organizations of Bristol, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Of special interest are Doron Green and William Kinsey scrapbooks, and a collection of William Bache papers. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bristol History small collections
creator
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library
id
MRGML.09
repository
extent
25 linear feet
inclusive date
1749-2013
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Bristol Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, became an important area due to its location along the Delaware River, a major land route, and subsequent rail line linking Philadelphia and New York City. Incorporated in 1720, it served as the county seat from 1705 to 1726. The Bristol History small collections, 1749-2013, consist of various individual manuscript volumes and small collections relating to the people, businesses, properties, and organizations of Bristol, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Of special interest are Doron Green and William Kinsey scrapbooks, and a collection of William Bache papers.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library [Contact Us]
circa 1950-2013
Creator:
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library
Extent: 23 linear feet
Bristol Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, became an important area due to its location along the Delaware River, a major land route, and subsequent rail line linking Philadelphia and New York City. Incorporated in 1720, it served as the county seat from 1705 to 1726. The Bristol History vertical files, circa 1950-2013, consist primarily of photocopied newspaper clippings, with some ephemera and a few photographs, on various topics relating to the history of Bristol and Bucks County, Pennsylvania. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bristol History vertical files
creator
Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library
id
MRGML.08
repository
extent
23 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1950-2013
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Bristol Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, became an important area due to its location along the Delaware River, a major land route, and subsequent rail line linking Philadelphia and New York City. Incorporated in 1720, it served as the county seat from 1705 to 1726. The Bristol History vertical files, circa 1950-2013, consist primarily of photocopied newspaper clippings, with some ephemera and a few photographs, on various topics relating to the history of Bristol and Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Doylestown Historical Society [Contact Us]
1924-1963
(Bulk: 1946-1963)
Creator:
Bucks County Bankers Association
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
A member of the Pennsylvania Bankers Association (organized in 1895), Group Two, the Bucks County Bankers Association was organized in Doylestown, Pennsylvania in 1924. It existed at least as late as 2010. The Bucks County Bankers Association records, 1924-1963 (bulk 1946-1963), include correspondence, analyses, meeting minutes, lists of past presidents and officers, clippings, annual meeting programs, and pamphlets. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bucks County Bankers Association records
creator
Bucks County Bankers Association
id
DOY.13
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1924-1963
bulk date
1946-1963
abstract/scope/contents
A member of the Pennsylvania Bankers Association (organized in 1895), Group Two, the Bucks County Bankers Association was organized in Doylestown, Pennsylvania in 1924. It existed at least as late as 2010. The Bucks County Bankers Association records, 1924-1963 (bulk 1946-1963), include correspondence, analyses, meeting minutes, lists of past presidents and officers, clippings, annual meeting programs, and pamphlets.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Bucks County Civil War Round Table Library and Museum [Contact Us]
1861-2014
(Bulk: 1861-1900)
Creator:
Bucks County Civil War Round Table Library and Museum
Extent: 5 linear feet
During the Civil War, over 1,000 men from Bucks County, PA joined what would be known as the 104th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment. The soldiers received training at Camp Lacey in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and saw action along the East Coast, including the Battle of Fair Oaks, Virginia (1862). The Bucks County Civil War Round Table Library and Museum collection, 1861-2014 (bulk 1861-1900), consists of various documents relating to the Civil War, with items from soldiers, officers, and veterans. While the focus of the collection is Bucks County, it includes materials from across the nation. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bucks County Civil War Round Table Library and Museum collection
creator
Bucks County Civil War Round Table Library and Museum
id
BCW.01
repository
extent
5 linear feet
inclusive date
1861-2014
bulk date
1861-1900
abstract/scope/contents
During the Civil War, over 1,000 men from Bucks County, PA joined what would be known as the 104th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment. The soldiers received training at Camp Lacey in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and saw action along the East Coast, including the Battle of Fair Oaks, Virginia (1862). The Bucks County Civil War Round Table Library and Museum collection, 1861-2014 (bulk 1861-1900), consists of various documents relating to the Civil War, with items from soldiers, officers, and veterans. While the focus of the collection is Bucks County, it includes materials from across the nation.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Warwick Township Historical Society [Contact Us]
1989
Creator:
Heritage Conservancy
Extent: 2 linear feet
Warwick Township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania was founded by petition on February 13, 1733. Its first European settlers were primarily Scotch-Irish Presbyterians. A mainly rural area for most of its history, the township's population almost tripled in the late 20th century resulting in its suburbanization. The Bucks County Conservancy historic resource surveys for Warwick Township, 1989, consist of seven volumes of surveys documenting properties in Warwick Township. Apparently created in an attempt to establish Warwick Township as an historic district, surveys include the location, date of construction, condition, description, photographs, and other pertinent information about each property. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bucks County Conservancy historic resource surveys for Warwick Township
creator
Heritage Conservancy
id
WTHS.02
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1989
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Warwick Township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania was founded by petition on February 13, 1733. Its first European settlers were primarily Scotch-Irish Presbyterians. A mainly rural area for most of its history, the township's population almost tripled in the late 20th century resulting in its suburbanization. The Bucks County Conservancy historic resource surveys for Warwick Township, 1989, consist of seven volumes of surveys documenting properties in Warwick Township. Apparently created in an attempt to establish Warwick Township as an historic district, surveys include the location, date of construction, condition, description, photographs, and other pertinent information about each property.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
James A. Michener Art Museum Archives [Contact Us]
1973-1995 (bulk 1974-1986)
Creator:
Bucks County Council for the Arts
Extent: 19 linear feet
Bucks County Council on the Arts (BCCA) was established in 1973 to foster, promote and coordinate support for the arts in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. In 1983, BCCA's bylaws were revised to reflect its new name: Bucks County Council for the Arts. In 1985, BCCA was charged with running a new museum that was to occupy the recently closed Bucks County Prison in Doylestown. The museum opened to the public in 1988 as the James A. Michener Arts Center (now known as the James A. Michener Art Museum). Bucks County Council for the Arts records, 1973-1995 (bulk 1974-1986), consist of administrative and financial records, photographs and slides, scrapbooks, performing arts files, and other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bucks County Council for the Arts records
creator
Bucks County Council for the Arts
id
JAMAM.12
repository
extent
19 linear feet
inclusive date
1973-1995 (bulk 1974-1986)
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Bucks County Council on the Arts (BCCA) was established in 1973 to foster, promote and coordinate support for the arts in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. In 1983, BCCA's bylaws were revised to reflect its new name: Bucks County Council for the Arts. In 1985, BCCA was charged with running a new museum that was to occupy the recently closed Bucks County Prison in Doylestown. The museum opened to the public in 1988 as the James A. Michener Arts Center (now known as the James A. Michener Art Museum). Bucks County Council for the Arts records, 1973-1995 (bulk 1974-1986), consist of administrative and financial records, photographs and slides, scrapbooks, performing arts files, and other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Doylestown Historical Society [Contact Us]
1998-2013
Creator:
Bucks County (Pa.). County Commissioners
Extent: 2 linear feet
The 2008 decision to build a new Bucks County Justice Center in Doylestown, Pennsylvania was controversial. A new parking garage was built from 2008 to 2010, and construction for the new courthouse began in 2011. The Bucks County Justice Center plans, 1998-2013, include reports, correspondence, site plans, newspaper clippings, photographs, resolutions, and other documents relative to planning the construction of the justice center. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bucks County Justice Center plans
creator
Bucks County (Pa.). County Commissioners
id
DOY.10
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1998-2013
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The 2008 decision to build a new Bucks County Justice Center in Doylestown, Pennsylvania was controversial. A new parking garage was built from 2008 to 2010, and construction for the new courthouse began in 2011. The Bucks County Justice Center plans, 1998-2013, include reports, correspondence, site plans, newspaper clippings, photographs, resolutions, and other documents relative to planning the construction of the justice center.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
New Hope Historical Society [Contact Us]
1947-1972
Creator:
Bucks County Playhouse (Organization)
Extent: 0.75 linear feet
The Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, Pennsylvania is a renowned theater that has hosted numerous famous actors and productions since it opened in 1939. It was founded as part of an adaptive reuse effort to save an historic 1790 structure. The Bucks County Playhouse records, 1947-1972, include annual reports, playbills, miscellaneous correspondence and financial and business records, property records, and legal correspondence and business records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bucks County Playhouse records
creator
Bucks County Playhouse (Organization)
id
NHHS.06
repository
extent
0.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1947-1972
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, Pennsylvania is a renowned theater that has hosted numerous famous actors and productions since it opened in 1939. It was founded as part of an adaptive reuse effort to save an historic 1790 structure. The Bucks County Playhouse records, 1947-1972, include annual reports, playbills, miscellaneous correspondence and financial and business records, property records, and legal correspondence and business records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Fort Washington [Contact Us]
1817-1897
Creator:
Carn-Buchanan family
Extent: 0.3 linear feet
Hannah B. Lester (b. 1815) was a member of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) who lived in Quakertown, Pennsylvania. Abram Carn was the proprietor of a general store and post office in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania. The Carn-Buchanan family papers, 1817-1897, are made up of personal correspondence of Hannah B. Lester and three receipt books attributed to Abram Carn and an unknown person with the surname Donut. (View full finding aid.)
title
Carn-Buchanan family papers
creator
Carn-Buchanan family
id
HSFW.11
repository
extent
0.3 linear feet
inclusive date
1817-1897
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Hannah B. Lester (b. 1815) was a member of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) who lived in Quakertown, Pennsylvania. Abram Carn was the proprietor of a general store and post office in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania. The Carn-Buchanan family papers, 1817-1897, are made up of personal correspondence of Hannah B. Lester and three receipt books attributed to Abram Carn and an unknown person with the surname Donut.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Yardley Historical Association [Contact Us]
1855-1981
(Bulk: 1950-1980)
Creator:
Belville, Catherine Reading, 1897-1995
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Catherine "Kitty" Reading Belville (1897-1995) was born in Yardley, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Belville was a 1919 graduate of Swarthmore College, and established the Belville Scholarship there in 1982 in honor of her parents. Having a strong interest in history, Belville was a member of the Colonial Yardley Association (predecessor of the Yardley Historical Association). The Catherine R. Belville family papers, 1885-1981 (bulk 1950-1980), mostly consist of the personal papers of Catherine R. Belville, including correspondence, diaries, ephemera, and photographs, as well as some papers relating to the Belville family. Many of the materials relate to Belville's time as a student at Swarthmore College and her continued association with the school. Also included are materials relating to the Colonial Yardley Association, genealogy research, and Yardley history research. (View full finding aid.)
title
Catherine R. Belville family papers
creator
Belville, Catherine Reading, 1897-1995
id
YHA.05
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1855-1981
bulk date
1950-1980
abstract/scope/contents
Catherine "Kitty" Reading Belville (1897-1995) was born in Yardley, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Belville was a 1919 graduate of Swarthmore College, and established the Belville Scholarship there in 1982 in honor of her parents. Having a strong interest in history, Belville was a member of the Colonial Yardley Association (predecessor of the Yardley Historical Association). The Catherine R. Belville family papers, 1885-1981 (bulk 1950-1980), mostly consist of the personal papers of Catherine R. Belville, including correspondence, diaries, ephemera, and photographs, as well as some papers relating to the Belville family. Many of the materials relate to Belville's time as a student at Swarthmore College and her continued association with the school. Also included are materials relating to the Colonial Yardley Association, genealogy research, and Yardley history research.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
James A. Michener Art Museum Archives [Contact Us]
circa 1930s-1995
Creator:
Rudy, Charles, 1904-
Extent: 13 linear feet
Charles Rudy (1904-1986) achieved national status as a sculptor for his work on public buildings across the United States, as well as for his prize-winning sculptures. His work has been exhibited at such prestigious institutions as the Corcoran Gallery, the Carnegie Institute, and the National Sculpture Society, as well as at local Bucks County, Pennsylvania galleries. Charles Rudy papers, circa 1930s-1995, includes an extensive compilation of newspaper and magazine clippings, sketchbooks, exhibition catalogues, and correspondence documenting Charles Rudy's career as an artist. There are also photographs and a small amount of personal papers. (View full finding aid.)
title
Charles Rudy papers
creator
Rudy, Charles, 1904-
id
JAMAM.04
repository
extent
13 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1930s-1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Charles Rudy (1904-1986) achieved national status as a sculptor for his work on public buildings across the United States, as well as for his prize-winning sculptures. His work has been exhibited at such prestigious institutions as the Corcoran Gallery, the Carnegie Institute, and the National Sculpture Society, as well as at local Bucks County, Pennsylvania galleries. Charles Rudy papers, circa 1930s-1995, includes an extensive compilation of newspaper and magazine clippings, sketchbooks, exhibition catalogues, and correspondence documenting Charles Rudy's career as an artist. There are also photographs and a small amount of personal papers.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Sellersville Museum [Contact Us]
circa 1930-1950
Creator:
Flory, Clyde R., 1892-1963
Extent: 1 linear feet
Dr. Clyde R. Flory (1892-1963) was a physician based in Sellersville, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. He served in the U.S. Navy as a navigator in World War I and as a captain and medical officer in World War II. During his wartime service he invented a special traction bar to cut the amount of equipment used to reduce fractures, and also discovered a new technique for the cure of syphilis. The Clyde R. Flory film reels and death certificates, circa 1930-1950, consist of nearly 200 death certificates from the USS Savannah and about one dozen film reels (16mm and 35mm). (View full finding aid.)
title
Clyde R. Flory film reels and death certificates
creator
Flory, Clyde R., 1892-1963
id
SELL.04
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1930-1950
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Dr. Clyde R. Flory (1892-1963) was a physician based in Sellersville, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. He served in the U.S. Navy as a navigator in World War I and as a captain and medical officer in World War II. During his wartime service he invented a special traction bar to cut the amount of equipment used to reduce fractures, and also discovered a new technique for the cure of syphilis. The Clyde R. Flory film reels and death certificates, circa 1930-1950, consist of nearly 200 death certificates from the USS Savannah and about one dozen film reels (16mm and 35mm).
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1669-1980
Creator:
Cox, Robinson, and Ross families
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The Cox, Ross, and Robinson families were important Pennsylvania families active in early Philadelphia and Bucks Counties, and later in the development of Hatboro in Montgomery County. The Cox-Robinson-Ross family papers, 1669-1980, include letters, financial and property records, business papers, photographs, scrapbooks, architectural drawings, and research materials documenting several generations. (View full finding aid.)
title
Cox-Robinson-Ross family papers
creator
Cox, Robinson, and Ross families
id
OYR.2012.032
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1669-1980
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Cox, Ross, and Robinson families were important Pennsylvania families active in early Philadelphia and Bucks Counties, and later in the development of Hatboro in Montgomery County. The Cox-Robinson-Ross family papers, 1669-1980, include letters, financial and property records, business papers, photographs, scrapbooks, architectural drawings, and research materials documenting several generations.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Craven Hall Historical Society [Contact Us]
1774-1973
Creator:
Craven Hall Historical Society
Extent: 3 linear feet
Warminster Township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania was established 1711. It was home to religious leader William Tennent, steamboat inventor John Fitch, and the world's largest human centrifuge. The Craven Hall Historical Society local history collection, 1774-1973, contains ciphering books, account books, photographs, tax ledgers, deeds, scrapbooks, and other documents from local people, families, and organizations. (View full finding aid.)
title
Craven Hall Historical Society local history collection
creator
Craven Hall Historical Society
id
CRJF.03
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1774-1973
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Warminster Township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania was established 1711. It was home to religious leader William Tennent, steamboat inventor John Fitch, and the world's largest human centrifuge. The Craven Hall Historical Society local history collection, 1774-1973, contains ciphering books, account books, photographs, tax ledgers, deeds, scrapbooks, and other documents from local people, families, and organizations.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Craven Hall Historical Society [Contact Us]
1900-2013
(Bulk: 1978-2013)
Creator:
Craven Hall Historical Society
Extent: 14.5 linear feet
The Craven Hall Historical Society, previously the Citizens for the Preservation of Craven Hall, was organized in Warminster Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania in 1978. Today the organization owns and operates both Craven Hall, a Federal/Greek Revival home built in stages between 1790 and 1845 that is on the National Register of Historic Places, and the John Fitch Steamboat Museum, dedicated to the inventor of the world's first commercial steamboat. The Craven Hall Historical Society records, 1900-2013 (bulk 1978-2013), contain materials relating to the restoration of Craven Hall and the construction of the John Fitch Museum as well as general Historical Society records. In addition to records created by the Historical Society, this collection includes research materials compiled by the Historical Society on Craven Hall and John Fitch. (View full finding aid.)
title
Craven Hall Historical Society records
creator
Craven Hall Historical Society
id
CRJF.01
repository
extent
14.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1900-2013
bulk date
1978-2013
abstract/scope/contents
The Craven Hall Historical Society, previously the Citizens for the Preservation of Craven Hall, was organized in Warminster Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania in 1978. Today the organization owns and operates both Craven Hall, a Federal/Greek Revival home built in stages between 1790 and 1845 that is on the National Register of Historic Places, and the John Fitch Steamboat Museum, dedicated to the inventor of the world's first commercial steamboat. The Craven Hall Historical Society records, 1900-2013 (bulk 1978-2013), contain materials relating to the restoration of Craven Hall and the construction of the John Fitch Museum as well as general Historical Society records. In addition to records created by the Historical Society, this collection includes research materials compiled by the Historical Society on Craven Hall and John Fitch.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
James A. Michener Art Museum Archives [Contact Us]
circa 1900s-1945
Creator:
Garber, Daniel, 1880-1958
Extent: 1 linear feet
Daniel Garber (1880-1958) was a painter best known for his landscapes and scenic paintings of Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Garber also excelled at etching and taught at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts for over forty years. Daniel Garber photographs, negatives, and exhibition catalogs, circa 1900s-1945, consist of exhibition catalogs, portrait and other photographs, negatives, slides, and glass plate negatives. (View full finding aid.)
title
Daniel Garber photographs, negatives, and exhibition catalogs
creator
Garber, Daniel, 1880-1958
id
JAMAM.18
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1900s-1945
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Daniel Garber (1880-1958) was a painter best known for his landscapes and scenic paintings of Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Garber also excelled at etching and taught at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts for over forty years. Daniel Garber photographs, negatives, and exhibition catalogs, circa 1900s-1945, consist of exhibition catalogs, portrait and other photographs, negatives, slides, and glass plate negatives.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Bensalem Township [Contact Us]
1940-1989
(Bulk: 1950-1967)
Creator:
Call, Dorothy Doyle, 1923-2004
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
As of 2013, the Bensalem Township School District in Bucks County, Pennsylvania has six elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school. The Dorothy Call clippings scrapbooks on Bensalem School District, 1940-1989 (bulk 1950-1967), consist of 18 scrapbooks that largely document Bensalem High School. Of special interest is a scrapbook Call began to create while still a student at Bensalem High School about its girls' sports teams, 1940-1945. (View full finding aid.)
title
Dorothy Call clippings scrapbooks on Bensalem School District
creator
Call, Dorothy Doyle, 1923-2004
id
HSBT.01
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1940-1989
bulk date
1950-1967
abstract/scope/contents
As of 2013, the Bensalem Township School District in Bucks County, Pennsylvania has six elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school. The Dorothy Call clippings scrapbooks on Bensalem School District, 1940-1989 (bulk 1950-1967), consist of 18 scrapbooks that largely document Bensalem High School. Of special interest is a scrapbook Call began to create while still a student at Bensalem High School about its girls' sports teams, 1940-1945.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Doylestown Historical Society [Contact Us]
1916-2010
Creator:
Doylestown Agricultural Works (Doylestown, Pa.)
Extent: 1 linear feet
Doylestown Agricultural Works in Bucks County, Pennsylvania produced farm machinery and ironwork that were sold around the world. It opened in 1867, flourished around the turn of the century, and for many years was the area's largest employer. The company ceased manufacturing new products in 1937 and closed entirely in 1968. The Doylestown Agricultural Works records, 1916-2010, consist of financial records from Doylestown Agricultural Works as well as some secondary research about the company. (View full finding aid.)
title
Doylestown Agricultural Works records
creator
Doylestown Agricultural Works (Doylestown, Pa.)
id
DOY.09
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1916-2010
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Doylestown Agricultural Works in Bucks County, Pennsylvania produced farm machinery and ironwork that were sold around the world. It opened in 1867, flourished around the turn of the century, and for many years was the area's largest employer. The company ceased manufacturing new products in 1937 and closed entirely in 1968. The Doylestown Agricultural Works records, 1916-2010, consist of financial records from Doylestown Agricultural Works as well as some secondary research about the company.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Doylestown Historical Society [Contact Us]
1913-2013
Creator:
Doylestown Historical Society (Doylestown, Pa.)
Extent: 4.5 linear feet
Doylestown High School in Bucks County, Pennsylvania opened in 1890 and closed in 1951. Students were transferred to Central Bucks West High School (originally Central Bucks Joint High School), which opened the following year. The Doylestown Historical Society collection on Doylestown and Central Bucks West high schools, 1913-2013, contains chronological files about class years, as well as some historical information about each school. It consists primarily of clippings, programs/ephemera, and a few photographs; there is also a Doylestown High School cash ledger, 1941-1947. The Society also holds a collection of original yearbooks (and some copies of older yearbooks) for both schools, 1916-2012. (View full finding aid.)
title
Doylestown Historical Society collection on Doylestown and Central Bucks West high schools
creator
Doylestown Historical Society (Doylestown, Pa.)
id
DOY.05
repository
extent
4.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1913-2013
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Doylestown High School in Bucks County, Pennsylvania opened in 1890 and closed in 1951. Students were transferred to Central Bucks West High School (originally Central Bucks Joint High School), which opened the following year. The Doylestown Historical Society collection on Doylestown and Central Bucks West high schools, 1913-2013, contains chronological files about class years, as well as some historical information about each school. It consists primarily of clippings, programs/ephemera, and a few photographs; there is also a Doylestown High School cash ledger, 1941-1947. The Society also holds a collection of original yearbooks (and some copies of older yearbooks) for both schools, 1916-2012.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Doylestown Historical Society [Contact Us]
1832-2009
Creator:
Doylestown Historical Society (Doylestown, Pa.)
Extent: 18 linear feet
The area now known as Doylestown (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was given to Edward Doyle as a land grant from William Penn in 1692. Doylestown became the county seat of Bucks County in 1812, and the area flourished when a railroad line was completed between Doylestown and Philadelphia in 1856. Doylestown's historic downtown began to deteriorate in the early 1960s, but the town was revitalized in part due to an architectural preservation movement. The Doylestown Historical Society local history collection, 1832-2009, consists of manuscripts, such as organizational records, ledgers, photographs, ephemera, genealogy records, maps, and blueprints, that document various Doylestown individuals, families, businesses, and organizations. (View full finding aid.)
title
Doylestown Historical Society local history collection
creator
Doylestown Historical Society (Doylestown, Pa.)
id
DOY.15
repository
extent
18 linear feet
inclusive date
1832-2009
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The area now known as Doylestown (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was given to Edward Doyle as a land grant from William Penn in 1692. Doylestown became the county seat of Bucks County in 1812, and the area flourished when a railroad line was completed between Doylestown and Philadelphia in 1856. Doylestown's historic downtown began to deteriorate in the early 1960s, but the town was revitalized in part due to an architectural preservation movement. The Doylestown Historical Society local history collection, 1832-2009, consists of manuscripts, such as organizational records, ledgers, photographs, ephemera, genealogy records, maps, and blueprints, that document various Doylestown individuals, families, businesses, and organizations.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Doylestown Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1955-2013
Creator:
Doylestown Historical Society (Doylestown, Pa.)
Extent: 48 linear feet
The area now known as Doylestown (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was given to Edward Doyle as a land grant from William Penn in 1692. Doylestown became the county seat of Bucks County in 1812, and the area flourished when a railroad line was completed between Doylestown and Philadelphia in 1856. Doylestown's historic downtown began to deteriorate in the early 1960s, but the town was revitalized in part due to an architectural preservation movement. The Doylestown Historical Society local real estate collection, circa 1955-2013, contains mostly secondary-source materials--such as real estate listings, narrative house histories, photocopies of original documents with some original photographs--organized alphabetically by street address. (View full finding aid.)
title
Doylestown Historical Society local real estate collection
creator
Doylestown Historical Society (Doylestown, Pa.)
id
DOY.01
repository
extent
48 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1955-2013
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The area now known as Doylestown (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was given to Edward Doyle as a land grant from William Penn in 1692. Doylestown became the county seat of Bucks County in 1812, and the area flourished when a railroad line was completed between Doylestown and Philadelphia in 1856. Doylestown's historic downtown began to deteriorate in the early 1960s, but the town was revitalized in part due to an architectural preservation movement. The Doylestown Historical Society local real estate collection, circa 1955-2013, contains mostly secondary-source materials--such as real estate listings, narrative house histories, photocopies of original documents with some original photographs--organized alphabetically by street address.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Doylestown Historical Society [Contact Us]
1995-2012
Creator:
Doylestown Historical Society (Doylestown, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
The area now known as Doylestown (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was given to Edward Doyle as a land grant from William Penn in 1692. Doylestown became the county seat of Bucks County in 1812, and the area flourished when a railroad line was completed between Doylestown and Philadelphia in 1856. Doylestown's historic downtown began to deteriorate in the early 1960s, but the town was revitalized in part due to an architectural preservation movement. The Doylestown Historical Society oral histories, 1995-2012, consist of several dozen oral history video interviews with prominent residents of Doylestown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Of special interest are an interview with author James Michener and an interview with a friend of James Michener about the author. (View full finding aid.)
title
Doylestown Historical Society oral histories
creator
Doylestown Historical Society (Doylestown, Pa.)
id
DOY.04
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1995-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The area now known as Doylestown (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was given to Edward Doyle as a land grant from William Penn in 1692. Doylestown became the county seat of Bucks County in 1812, and the area flourished when a railroad line was completed between Doylestown and Philadelphia in 1856. Doylestown's historic downtown began to deteriorate in the early 1960s, but the town was revitalized in part due to an architectural preservation movement. The Doylestown Historical Society oral histories, 1995-2012, consist of several dozen oral history video interviews with prominent residents of Doylestown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Of special interest are an interview with author James Michener and an interview with a friend of James Michener about the author.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Doylestown Historical Society [Contact Us]
1880-2013
Creator:
Doylestown Historical Society (Doylestown, Pa.)
Extent: 32 linear feet
The area now known as Doylestown (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was given to Edward Doyle as a land grant from William Penn in 1692. Doylestown became the county seat of Bucks County in 1812, and the area flourished when a railroad line was completed between Doylestown and Philadelphia in 1856. Doylestown's historic downtown began to deteriorate in the early 1960s, but the town was revitalized in part due to an architectural preservation movement. The Doylestown Historical Society subject files, 1880-2013, are organized into the following series: I. Local history; II. Businesses; III. Biographies; and IV. Locations. It consists mostly of newspaper clippings and other secondary-source materials, with some primary-source documents such as ephemera, newsletters, pamphlets, photographs, invoices, deeds, advertisements, and some business records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Doylestown Historical Society subject files
creator
Doylestown Historical Society (Doylestown, Pa.)
id
DOY.02
repository
extent
32 linear feet
inclusive date
1880-2013
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The area now known as Doylestown (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was given to Edward Doyle as a land grant from William Penn in 1692. Doylestown became the county seat of Bucks County in 1812, and the area flourished when a railroad line was completed between Doylestown and Philadelphia in 1856. Doylestown's historic downtown began to deteriorate in the early 1960s, but the town was revitalized in part due to an architectural preservation movement. The Doylestown Historical Society subject files, 1880-2013, are organized into the following series: I. Local history; II. Businesses; III. Biographies; and IV. Locations. It consists mostly of newspaper clippings and other secondary-source materials, with some primary-source documents such as ephemera, newsletters, pamphlets, photographs, invoices, deeds, advertisements, and some business records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Doylestown Historical Society [Contact Us]
1912-2010
(Bulk: 1956-2010)
Creator:
Doylestown Nature Club
Extent: 3 linear feet
The Doylestown Nature Club (Doylestown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania), still in existence as of 2013, was organized in 1907 by Mrs. Irvin Megargee James. Federated in 1914, and incorporated in 1970, its purpose is "to provide a love of nature; to protect birds, animals and wildflowers from ruthless destruction; to conserve our natural resources; to beautify the community; and to educate in the field of nature." The Doylestown Nature Club records, 1912-2010 (bulk 1956-2010), consist of various records that document the history of the Club, including minutes, newsletters, member booklets and directories, some financial records, a significant amount of ephemera such as programs and newspaper clippings, and photographs relating to Club-sponsored activities and events. (View full finding aid.)
title
Doylestown Nature Club records
creator
Doylestown Nature Club
id
DOY.11
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1912-2010
bulk date
1956-2010
abstract/scope/contents
The Doylestown Nature Club (Doylestown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania), still in existence as of 2013, was organized in 1907 by Mrs. Irvin Megargee James. Federated in 1914, and incorporated in 1970, its purpose is "to provide a love of nature; to protect birds, animals and wildflowers from ruthless destruction; to conserve our natural resources; to beautify the community; and to educate in the field of nature." The Doylestown Nature Club records, 1912-2010 (bulk 1956-2010), consist of various records that document the history of the Club, including minutes, newsletters, member booklets and directories, some financial records, a significant amount of ephemera such as programs and newspaper clippings, and photographs relating to Club-sponsored activities and events.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Dublin Historical Society [Contact Us]
1885-2012
Creator:
Dublin Historical Society (Dublin, Pa.)
Extent: 2.6 linear feet
Dublin Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, is located just northwest of Doylestown, the county seat. Located in a prosperous farming area, Dublin was incorporated as an independent municipality in 1912. The Dublin Historical Society local history collection, 1885-2012, consists of various materials such as ledgers, photographs, papers, and ephemera that document individuals, families, organizations, and businesses of Dublin, Pennsylvania. (View full finding aid.)
title
Dublin Historical Society local history collection
creator
Dublin Historical Society (Dublin, Pa.)
id
DHS.02
repository
extent
2.6 linear feet
inclusive date
1885-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Dublin Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, is located just northwest of Doylestown, the county seat. Located in a prosperous farming area, Dublin was incorporated as an independent municipality in 1912. The Dublin Historical Society local history collection, 1885-2012, consists of various materials such as ledgers, photographs, papers, and ephemera that document individuals, families, organizations, and businesses of Dublin, Pennsylvania.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Dublin Historical Society [Contact Us]
1927-1964
Creator:
Dublin Milling Company (Dublin, Pa.)
Extent: 1 linear feet
The Dublin Farmers' Cooperative Association, formed in 1921, changed its name to the Dublin Milling Company in 1927. It sold farming supplies, advertising itself as "Dublin Milling Company, Inc., dealers in flour, feeds, grain, seeds and fertilizer." The company was sold to the Farm Bureau Cooperative in the 1980s. The Dublin Milling Company stock and employee records, 1927-1964, consists of: capital stock certificates of the Dublin Milling Company and related documents, such as voting proxy authorizations for stockholders and legal correspondence regarding stock transfers from distributed estates; and weekly time books and social security record books. (View full finding aid.)
title
Dublin Milling Company stock and employee records
creator
Dublin Milling Company (Dublin, Pa.)
id
DHS.03
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1927-1964
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Dublin Farmers' Cooperative Association, formed in 1921, changed its name to the Dublin Milling Company in 1927. It sold farming supplies, advertising itself as "Dublin Milling Company, Inc., dealers in flour, feeds, grain, seeds and fertilizer." The company was sold to the Farm Bureau Cooperative in the 1980s. The Dublin Milling Company stock and employee records, 1927-1964, consists of: capital stock certificates of the Dublin Milling Company and related documents, such as voting proxy authorizations for stockholders and legal correspondence regarding stock transfers from distributed estates; and weekly time books and social security record books.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Dublin Historical Society [Contact Us]
1880-1945
Creator:
Dublin Post Office (Dublin, Pa.)
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
From 1880 until 1923, the office of postmaster for Dublin (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was held at various times by J. S. Rickert, Benjamin F. Shearer, and Jacob B. Rosenberger, depending on the political affiliation of the mayor. In 1923, Jacob M. Kooker became postmaster and re-located the post office to his general store. Kooker retired in 1944; the post office remained at the site until 1975. The Dublin Post Office records, 1880-1945, consist of Postmaster's Account and Record Books (4th Class), registers of money orders issued and received, and records of registered letters received and delivered. (View full finding aid.)
title
Dublin Post Office records
creator
Dublin Post Office (Dublin, Pa.)
id
DHS.01
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1880-1945
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
From 1880 until 1923, the office of postmaster for Dublin (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was held at various times by J. S. Rickert, Benjamin F. Shearer, and Jacob B. Rosenberger, depending on the political affiliation of the mayor. In 1923, Jacob M. Kooker became postmaster and re-located the post office to his general store. Kooker retired in 1944; the post office remained at the site until 1975. The Dublin Post Office records, 1880-1945, consist of Postmaster's Account and Record Books (4th Class), registers of money orders issued and received, and records of registered letters received and delivered.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Pennsylvania [Contact Us]
circa 1850-circa 1892, undated
Creator:
Buckman, E. D. (Edwin Dawson), d. 1891.
Extent: 5.4 linear feet (; 47 volumes)
This collection, compiled mostly by Edwin D. Buckman of Philadelphia, contains genealogical records pertaining to the Buckman family of Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and many related families, such as the Blakers, Burgesses, and Hestons. The majority of the material consists of handwritten notes which trace the family from its roots in England and Edward Buckman (1623-1670), a Quaker of Sussex County. The Buckmans eventually settled near Newtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, approximately thirty miles north of Philadelphia. This collection consists of forty-seven volumes, all in modern library bindings. The volumes’ contents vary from histories of the Buckmans to papers on related families to abstracts of minutes from Friends' meetings. There are also notes and charts on the Buckman family by generation, newspaper clippings, and a few family papers such as deeds and correspondence. A few of the volumes contain indexes of other volumes. (View full finding aid.)
title
E. D. Buckman genealogical collection on the Buckman and allied families
creator
Buckman, E. D. (Edwin Dawson), d. 1891.
id
PHi.Gen.Bu1
repository
extent
5.4 linear feet (; 47 volumes)
inclusive date
circa 1850-circa 1892, undated
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
This collection, compiled mostly by Edwin D. Buckman of Philadelphia, contains genealogical records pertaining to the Buckman family of Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and many related families, such as the Blakers, Burgesses, and Hestons. The majority of the material consists of handwritten notes which trace the family from its roots in England and Edward Buckman (1623-1670), a Quaker of Sussex County. The Buckmans eventually settled near Newtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, approximately thirty miles north of Philadelphia. This collection consists of forty-seven volumes, all in modern library bindings. The volumes’ contents vary from histories of the Buckmans to papers on related families to abstracts of minutes from Friends' meetings. There are also notes and charts on the Buckman family by generation, newspaper clippings, and a few family papers such as deeds and correspondence. A few of the volumes contain indexes of other volumes.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historic Langhorne Association [Contact Us]
circa 1960-1973
Creator:
Vogenberger, Edward, 1899-1976
Extent: 12.5 linear feet
Edward and Marguerite Vogenberger, long-time residents of Langhorne, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, were avid travelers, covered bridge enthusiasts, and amateur photographers. The Vogenbergers were victims of a highly publicized, unsolved murder that took place in 1976. The Edward and Marguerite Vogenberger travel audiovisual materials and pamphlets, circa 1960-1973, includes slides, audiocassette tapes, film reel, pamphlets, and ephemera documenting the Vogenbergers' travels. (View full finding aid.)
title
Edward and Marguerite Vogenberger travel audiovisual materials and pamphlets
creator
Vogenberger, Edward, 1899-1976
id
HLA.03
repository
extent
12.5 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1960-1973
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Edward and Marguerite Vogenberger, long-time residents of Langhorne, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, were avid travelers, covered bridge enthusiasts, and amateur photographers. The Vogenbergers were victims of a highly publicized, unsolved murder that took place in 1976. The Edward and Marguerite Vogenberger travel audiovisual materials and pamphlets, circa 1960-1973, includes slides, audiocassette tapes, film reel, pamphlets, and ephemera documenting the Vogenbergers' travels.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
James A. Michener Art Museum Archives [Contact Us]
circa 1920s-2000s
Creator:
Edward J. Byrne Studio
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
Edward J. Byrne (1898-1968) was a prominent stained-glass window designer in Bucks County, Pennsylvania and nearby areas. After partnering with George Sotter, he opened the Edward J. Byrne Studio in 1933 in Carversville, PA. The studio relocated to Doylestown in the 1960s and was taken over by Byrne's son, Edward J. Byrne, Jr. Edward J. Byrne Studio drawings, photographs, and pamphlets, circa 1920s-2000s, consist of presentation drawings and full size cartoons of stained glass window designs for area churches, as well as photographs and negatives and pamphlets, computer printouts, and photocopies of newspaper articles showcasing the work of Edward J. Byrne Studios. (View full finding aid.)
title
Edward J. Byrne Studio drawings, photographs, and pamphlets
creator
Edward J. Byrne Studio
id
JAMAM.20
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1920s-2000s
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Edward J. Byrne (1898-1968) was a prominent stained-glass window designer in Bucks County, Pennsylvania and nearby areas. After partnering with George Sotter, he opened the Edward J. Byrne Studio in 1933 in Carversville, PA. The studio relocated to Doylestown in the 1960s and was taken over by Byrne's son, Edward J. Byrne, Jr. Edward J. Byrne Studio drawings, photographs, and pamphlets, circa 1920s-2000s, consist of presentation drawings and full size cartoons of stained glass window designs for area churches, as well as photographs and negatives and pamphlets, computer printouts, and photocopies of newspaper articles showcasing the work of Edward J. Byrne Studios.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Montgomery County [Contact Us]
1856-1915
Creator:
Mathews, Edward, 1837-1916
Extent: 5.4 linear feet
Edward Mathews (1837-1916) was a newspaper writer and local historian of Montgomery and Bucks counties in Pennsylvania. The Edward Mathews papers, 1856-1915, consists of newspaper clippings scrapbooks, notebooks and diaries, and a manuscript for Mathews's memoir. (View full finding aid.)
title
Edward Mathews papers
creator
Mathews, Edward, 1837-1916
id
HSMC.50
repository
extent
5.4 linear feet
inclusive date
1856-1915
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Edward Mathews (1837-1916) was a newspaper writer and local historian of Montgomery and Bucks counties in Pennsylvania. The Edward Mathews papers, 1856-1915, consists of newspaper clippings scrapbooks, notebooks and diaries, and a manuscript for Mathews's memoir.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Newtown Historic Association [Contact Us]
1889-1985
(Bulk: 1941-1985)
Creator:
Barnsley, Edward R. (Edward Roberts), 1906-1989
Extent: 6.7 linear feet
Edward R. Barnsley (1906-1989) was an historian from Newtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. He was active in historic preservation, particularly the reconstruction of Pennsbury Manor. The Edward R. Barnsley research files, 1889-1985 (bulk 1941-1985), consist of Barnsley's research notes on local businesses, buildings, and people. There are mostly copies of primary-source documents and secondary-source articles by Barnsley and others on local history topics. There is a small amount of original materials, including original manuscripts written by Barnsley and incoming correspondence. (View full finding aid.)
title
Edward R. Barnsley research files
creator
Barnsley, Edward R. (Edward Roberts), 1906-1989
id
NHA.01
repository
extent
6.7 linear feet
inclusive date
1889-1985
bulk date
1941-1985
abstract/scope/contents
Edward R. Barnsley (1906-1989) was an historian from Newtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. He was active in historic preservation, particularly the reconstruction of Pennsbury Manor. The Edward R. Barnsley research files, 1889-1985 (bulk 1941-1985), consist of Barnsley's research notes on local businesses, buildings, and people. There are mostly copies of primary-source documents and secondary-source articles by Barnsley and others on local history topics. There is a small amount of original materials, including original manuscripts written by Barnsley and incoming correspondence.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Southampton Baptist Corporation [Contact Us]
circa 1880s-1984
Creator:
Fetter family
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Sometime prior to 1754, Casper W. Fetter (1726-1779) emigrated from Germany and established a farm in what would become Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. His many descendants, several of whom had strong ties to the Southampton Baptist Church in Southampton, Bucks County, became farmers in Bucks and Montgomery counties during the 18th and 19th centuries. The Fetter family papers, circa 1880s-1984, contain photographs, letters, genealogy research, newspaper clippings, vital records, and other materials that document the Fetter family, its history, and other families, including the Leedom, Montanye, and Lefferts families, whose members married into the Fetter family. There are also materials that document the Southampton Baptist Church. The materials were collected by Claude K. Fetter (1901-1984), a direct descendant of Casper W. Fetter. (View full finding aid.)
title
Fetter family papers
creator
Fetter family
id
SBC.02
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1880s-1984
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Sometime prior to 1754, Casper W. Fetter (1726-1779) emigrated from Germany and established a farm in what would become Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. His many descendants, several of whom had strong ties to the Southampton Baptist Church in Southampton, Bucks County, became farmers in Bucks and Montgomery counties during the 18th and 19th centuries. The Fetter family papers, circa 1880s-1984, contain photographs, letters, genealogy research, newspaper clippings, vital records, and other materials that document the Fetter family, its history, and other families, including the Leedom, Montanye, and Lefferts families, whose members married into the Fetter family. There are also materials that document the Southampton Baptist Church. The materials were collected by Claude K. Fetter (1901-1984), a direct descendant of Casper W. Fetter.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Newtown Historic Association [Contact Us]
1864-1910
Creator:
First National Bank of Newtown (Pa.)
Extent: 5.75 linear feet
The First National Bank and Trust Company of Newtown is the oldest bank in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1864 as the First National Bank of Newtown, its first president was Kinsey B. Tomlinson (1864-1867). The First National Bank of Newtown records, 1864-1910, largely consist of checks of the First National Bank of Newtown, mostly cancelled checks, sorted by revenue stamp. Also included are advertisements, financial reports, annual reports and ephemera. (View full finding aid.)
title
First National Bank of Newtown records
creator
First National Bank of Newtown (Pa.)
id
NHA.09
repository
extent
5.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1864-1910
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The First National Bank and Trust Company of Newtown is the oldest bank in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1864 as the First National Bank of Newtown, its first president was Kinsey B. Tomlinson (1864-1867). The First National Bank of Newtown records, 1864-1910, largely consist of checks of the First National Bank of Newtown, mostly cancelled checks, sorted by revenue stamp. Also included are advertisements, financial reports, annual reports and ephemera.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • NextLast »