Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Subject: Place: Montgomery County (Pa.)
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • NextLast »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 50 out of 367  
Worcester Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1976
Creator:
Worcester Historical Society (Worcester, Pa.). Research Committee.
Extent: 6 linear feet
On the occasion of the American Bicentennial celebrations of 1976, the Worcester Historical Society wrote A History of Worcester Township. The 556-page book tells the story of Worcester Township. The "History of Worcester Township" research collection, circa 1976, includes copies of newspaper clippings and other source materials, research notes, and drafts of text for the book. (View full finding aid.)
title
"History of Worcester Township" research collection
creator
Worcester Historical Society (Worcester, Pa.). Research Committee.
id
WHS.06
repository
extent
6 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1976
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
On the occasion of the American Bicentennial celebrations of 1976, the Worcester Historical Society wrote A History of Worcester Township. The 556-page book tells the story of Worcester Township. The "History of Worcester Township" research collection, circa 1976, includes copies of newspaper clippings and other source materials, research notes, and drafts of text for the book.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Lansdale Historical Society [Contact Us]
1989-2000
Creator:
The Reporter (Lansdale, Pa. : 1979- )
Extent: 44 linear feet
The Reporter is a local newspaper based out of Lansdale, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania since 1870. It was sold to Gannett Corporation in 1980, and then sold again to the Journal Register Company in 2001. "The Reporter" photograph negatives, 1989-2000, consist of images captured by The Reporter staff photographers for use in newspaper stories. It contains film strip and color slide negatives. (View full finding aid.)
title
"The Reporter" photograph negatives
creator
The Reporter (Lansdale, Pa. : 1979- )
id
LHS.02
repository
extent
44 linear feet
inclusive date
1989-2000
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Reporter is a local newspaper based out of Lansdale, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania since 1870. It was sold to Gannett Corporation in 1980, and then sold again to the Journal Register Company in 2001. "The Reporter" photograph negatives, 1989-2000, consist of images captured by The Reporter staff photographers for use in newspaper stories. It contains film strip and color slide negatives.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Montgomery County [Contact Us]
1868-1966
(Bulk: 1868-1913)
Creator:
A. K. Shearer & Son.
Extent: 8 linear feet
Abel K. Shearer started a lumber company in North Wales, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania in 1861. The A. K. Shearer Lumber Company was still active as of 2012. The A. K. Shearer & Son Lumber Company records, 1868-1966 [bulk 1868-1913], are comprised of daybooks, ledgers, and cashbooks. (View full finding aid.)
title
A. K. Shearer & Son records
creator
A. K. Shearer & Son.
id
HSMC.27
repository
extent
8 linear feet
inclusive date
1868-1966
bulk date
1868-1913
abstract/scope/contents
Abel K. Shearer started a lumber company in North Wales, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania in 1861. The A. K. Shearer Lumber Company was still active as of 2012. The A. K. Shearer & Son Lumber Company records, 1868-1966 [bulk 1868-1913], are comprised of daybooks, ledgers, and cashbooks.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1883-1940
Creator:
Abington Building Association.
Extent: 1 linear feet
Founded in 1867, the Abington Building Association joined the Federal Home Loan Bank system in 1933 and met the requirements of the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation in 1941. The Abington Building Association records, 1883-1940, consist primarily of meeting minutes, with a cashbook and stockholder ledger and roll book. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Building Association records
creator
Abington Building Association.
id
OYR.2004.22
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1883-1940
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Founded in 1867, the Abington Building Association joined the Federal Home Loan Bank system in 1933 and met the requirements of the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation in 1941. The Abington Building Association records, 1883-1940, consist primarily of meeting minutes, with a cashbook and stockholder ledger and roll book.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1925-2002
Creator:
Abington Civic Club.
Extent: 7.5 linear feet
The Abington Civic Club was organized in 1925 by local women as the Highlands Farm Civic Club, "hoping to better conditions in our community and to establish neighborly relations among the residents." The Abington Civic Club records, 1925-2002, consist of minutes, financial records, scrapbooks, yearbooks, and newsletters. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Civic Club records
creator
Abington Civic Club.
id
OYR.2003.128
repository
extent
7.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1925-2002
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Abington Civic Club was organized in 1925 by local women as the Highlands Farm Civic Club, "hoping to better conditions in our community and to establish neighborly relations among the residents." The Abington Civic Club records, 1925-2002, consist of minutes, financial records, scrapbooks, yearbooks, and newsletters.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1803-1988
Creator:
Abington Library Society.
Extent: 0.2 linear feet
The Abington Library Society was established in 1803 as a subscription library. In 1908 it purchased the Jenkinstown Lyceum building on Old York Road and, after major remodeling, opened its doors there in 1910. The Abington Library Society continues as the governing body of the Jenkintown Library, still located in the 1910 building as of 2015. The Abington Library Society miscellaneous records, 1803-1988, include extracts of minutes, financial records, and records of books. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Library Society miscellaneous records
creator
Abington Library Society.
id
OYR.2004.21
repository
extent
0.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1803-1988
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Abington Library Society was established in 1803 as a subscription library. In 1908 it purchased the Jenkinstown Lyceum building on Old York Road and, after major remodeling, opened its doors there in 1910. The Abington Library Society continues as the governing body of the Jenkintown Library, still located in the 1910 building as of 2015. The Abington Library Society miscellaneous records, 1803-1988, include extracts of minutes, financial records, and records of books.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1991-1994
Creator:
Abington (Montgomery County, Pa. : Township). Board of Commissioners
Extent: 1.7 linear feet
The first Board of Commissioners in Abington Township (Montgomery County, Pennsylvania) began meeting in 1906. The Abington Township Board of Commissioners records, 1991-1994, consist of various memoranda and other documents, especially reports and agendas, relating to the work of the Abington Township Board of Commissioners and its committees. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Township Board of Commissioners records
creator
Abington (Montgomery County, Pa. : Township). Board of Commissioners
id
OYR.2006.062.1
repository
extent
1.7 linear feet
inclusive date
1991-1994
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The first Board of Commissioners in Abington Township (Montgomery County, Pennsylvania) began meeting in 1906. The Abington Township Board of Commissioners records, 1991-1994, consist of various memoranda and other documents, especially reports and agendas, relating to the work of the Abington Township Board of Commissioners and its committees.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1956-1971
(Bulk: 1968-1971)
Creator:
Abington Township Public Library (Pa.).
Extent: 0.75 linear feet
The Abington Township Public Library was established in 1966. The Abington Township Public Library Board records, 1956-1971, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Township Public Library board records
creator
Abington Township Public Library (Pa.).
id
OYR.2004.013
repository
extent
0.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1956-1971
bulk date
1968-1971
abstract/scope/contents
The Abington Township Public Library was established in 1966. The Abington Township Public Library Board records, 1956-1971, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]
1836-1979
(Bulk: 1865-1925)
Creator:
Ambler, Alice H., 1889-1981
Extent: 3.25 linear feet
Alice H. Ambler (1889-1981) was an active community historian in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. She descended from prominent families in the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), including Mary Ambler, for whom the town of Ambler, Pennsylvania is named. Alice's mother was Annie Foulke Webster, daughter of William and Elizabeth (Jones) Webster. Alice's grandmother was Eliza Moore Ambler. The Alice H. Ambler family papers, 1836-1979 (bulk 1865-1925), consist of correspondence, essays and writings, ephemera, photographs, some published works, ledgers, a diary, an autograph book, and other family papers. The majority of the collection is correspondence relating to Alice H., Annie F. W., and Eliza M. Ambler. (View full finding aid.)
title
Alice H. Ambler family papers
creator
Ambler, Alice H., 1889-1981
id
PMHS.01
repository
extent
3.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1836-1979
bulk date
1865-1925
abstract/scope/contents
Alice H. Ambler (1889-1981) was an active community historian in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. She descended from prominent families in the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), including Mary Ambler, for whom the town of Ambler, Pennsylvania is named. Alice's mother was Annie Foulke Webster, daughter of William and Elizabeth (Jones) Webster. Alice's grandmother was Eliza Moore Ambler. The Alice H. Ambler family papers, 1836-1979 (bulk 1865-1925), consist of correspondence, essays and writings, ephemera, photographs, some published works, ledgers, a diary, an autograph book, and other family papers. The majority of the collection is correspondence relating to Alice H., Annie F. W., and Eliza M. Ambler.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Wissahickon Valley Historical Society [Contact Us]
1925-1986
Creator:
Amchem Products, Inc.
Extent: 7.5 linear feet
James Harvey Gravell started the American Chemical Paint Company in 1914 and moved the factory to Ambler, Pennsylvania soon after. He was an engineer, innovator, and philanthropist who made national headlines for paying off all his employees' debts and mortgages for Christmas in 1936. After Gravell's death, his company was renamed Amchem Products, Inc., and was acquired by Henkel in 1980. Amchem Products, Inc. records, 1925-1986, consist of administrative records, photographs, and company publications. (View full finding aid.)
title
Amchem Products, Inc. records
creator
Amchem Products, Inc.
id
WVHS.06
repository
extent
7.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1925-1986
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
James Harvey Gravell started the American Chemical Paint Company in 1914 and moved the factory to Ambler, Pennsylvania soon after. He was an engineer, innovator, and philanthropist who made national headlines for paying off all his employees' debts and mortgages for Christmas in 1936. After Gravell's death, his company was renamed Amchem Products, Inc., and was acquired by Henkel in 1980. Amchem Products, Inc. records, 1925-1986, consist of administrative records, photographs, and company publications.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1946-2006
Creator:
American Association of University Women. Northeastern Montgomery County Branch.
Extent: 6 linear feet
The mission of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) is to "advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research." The Northeastern Montgomery County branch of the AAUW as founded in Glenside, Pennsylvania in 1945. The American Association of University Women, Northeastern Montgomery County Branch records, 1946-2006, include meeting minutes, financial records, activity records, newsletters, and scrapbooks. (View full finding aid.)
title
American Association of University Women, Northeastern Montgomery County Branch records
creator
American Association of University Women. Northeastern Montgomery County Branch.
id
OYR.2006.090
repository
extent
6 linear feet
inclusive date
1946-2006
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The mission of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) is to "advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research." The Northeastern Montgomery County branch of the AAUW as founded in Glenside, Pennsylvania in 1945. The American Association of University Women, Northeastern Montgomery County Branch records, 1946-2006, include meeting minutes, financial records, activity records, newsletters, and scrapbooks.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Montgomery County [Contact Us]
1800-1920
Creator:
Cresson, Anne H.
Extent: 3 linear feet
Anne Hannum Cresson was born around 1847 to Walter Cresson and Alice Hannum. The Cresson family of Philadelphia is descended from Pierre Cresson, a French Huguenot, born in 1609 or 1610. The Anne H. Cresson family papers, 1820-1900, contain the genealogical research of Anne H. Cresson, along with original papers from various family members. (View full finding aid.)
title
Anne H. Cresson family papers
creator
Cresson, Anne H.
id
HSMC.16
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1800-1920
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Anne Hannum Cresson was born around 1847 to Walter Cresson and Alice Hannum. The Cresson family of Philadelphia is descended from Pierre Cresson, a French Huguenot, born in 1609 or 1610. The Anne H. Cresson family papers, 1820-1900, contain the genealogical research of Anne H. Cresson, along with original papers from various family members.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1933-2004
Creator:
Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School.
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
The Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School was established in 1923, serving children in kindergarten through sixth grade. The Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School records, 1933-2004, include teachers' records of assemblies and activities, as well as student and Parent Teacher Association (P.T.A.) newsletters. (View full finding aid.)
title
Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School records
creator
Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School.
id
OYR.2005.068
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1933-2004
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School was established in 1923, serving children in kindergarten through sixth grade. The Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School records, 1933-2004, include teachers' records of assemblies and activities, as well as student and Parent Teacher Association (P.T.A.) newsletters.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Montgomery County [Contact Us]
1901-1930
Creator:
Bergey Family Association.
Extent: 0.8 linear feet
The first reunion of the Bergey family was held in Bucks County, Pennsylvania in 1900. The family descends from Hans Ulrich Bergey, a Swiss-born Mennonite who settled in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania around 1717. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bergey Family Association records
creator
Bergey Family Association.
id
HSMC.11
repository
extent
0.8 linear feet
inclusive date
1901-1930
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The first reunion of the Bergey family was held in Bucks County, Pennsylvania in 1900. The family descends from Hans Ulrich Bergey, a Swiss-born Mennonite who settled in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania around 1717.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Chestnut Hill Historical Society [Contact Us]
1938-1980
Creator:
Bergey, Marion Viriginia Drumm
Extent: 0.4 linear feet
Whitemarsh Hall was an elaborate mansion outside Philadelphia in Springfield, Pennsylvania, completed in 1921 and destroyed in 1980. It was designed by renowned architect Horace Trumbauer for Edward and Eva Stotesbury. The Bergey papers, 1930-1980, consists of newspaper clippings on the Stotesbury family and Whitemarsh Hall. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bergey papers
creator
Bergey, Marion Viriginia Drumm
id
CHHS.1995.533
repository
extent
0.4 linear feet
inclusive date
1938-1980
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Whitemarsh Hall was an elaborate mansion outside Philadelphia in Springfield, Pennsylvania, completed in 1921 and destroyed in 1980. It was designed by renowned architect Horace Trumbauer for Edward and Eva Stotesbury. The Bergey papers, 1930-1980, consists of newspaper clippings on the Stotesbury family and Whitemarsh Hall.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Montgomery County [Contact Us]
1874-1992
Creator:
Bertolet Burying Ground Association.
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
The Bertolet Meeting House and Burial Ground is a restored one-story brick Mennonite meeting house with a burial ground in Upper Frederick, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Bertolet Burying Ground Association records, 1874-1992, consist primarily of financial and administrative records of the Bertolet Burying Ground Association, with genealogical research on the Bertolet family. It features minute books dating from the start of the organization, in 1889, through 1992; most of the remaining materials date from the 1970s to the 1990s. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bertolet Burying Ground Association records
creator
Bertolet Burying Ground Association.
id
HSMC.18
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1874-1992
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Bertolet Meeting House and Burial Ground is a restored one-story brick Mennonite meeting house with a burial ground in Upper Frederick, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Bertolet Burying Ground Association records, 1874-1992, consist primarily of financial and administrative records of the Bertolet Burying Ground Association, with genealogical research on the Bertolet family. It features minute books dating from the start of the organization, in 1889, through 1992; most of the remaining materials date from the 1970s to the 1990s.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.) [Contact Us]
1988-2012
Creator:
Springfield (Montgomery County, Pa. : Township). Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee.
Extent: 2 linear feet
The Black Horse Inn was an early rural inn located in Springfield Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The inn is believed to have been built in the 18th century. The Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee was established to save and restore the building. The Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee records, 1988-2012, are comprised of reports, correspondence, and other documents relating to the history and restoration of the inn. (View full finding aid.)
title
Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee records
creator
Springfield (Montgomery County, Pa. : Township). Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee.
id
STHS.04
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1988-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Black Horse Inn was an early rural inn located in Springfield Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The inn is believed to have been built in the 18th century. The Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee was established to save and restore the building. The Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee records, 1988-2012, are comprised of reports, correspondence, and other documents relating to the history and restoration of the inn.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Fort Washington [Contact Us]
circa 1906-1924
Creator:
Bodenstein family
Extent: 0.3 linear feet
The Bodenstein family were residents of the Fort Washington, Pennsylvania area. The Bodenstein family scrapbooks, circa 1906-1924, are comprised of two family photograph scrapbooks. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bodenstein family scrapbooks
creator
Bodenstein family
id
HSFW.05
repository
extent
0.3 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1906-1924
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Bodenstein family were residents of the Fort Washington, Pennsylvania area. The Bodenstein family scrapbooks, circa 1906-1924, are comprised of two family photograph scrapbooks.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Conshohocken Historical Society [Contact Us]
1850-1986
Creator:
Conshohocken (Pa.).
Extent: 4.25 linear feet
The Borough of Conshohocken records, 1850-1986, are comprised of Town Council minute books, borough financial records, and school board records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Borough of Conshohocken records
creator
Conshohocken (Pa.).
id
CHS.02
repository
extent
4.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1850-1986
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Borough of Conshohocken records, 1850-1986, are comprised of Town Council minute books, borough financial records, and school board records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1881-1957
Creator:
Jenkintown (Pa.).
Extent: 6 linear feet
The Borough of Jenkintown in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was incorporated in 1874. The Borough of Jenkintown records, 1881-1957, consist of account books, correspondence and other documents of the Sewer Committee, and Jenkintown Borough yearbooks. (View full finding aid.)
title
Borough of Jenkintown records
creator
Jenkintown (Pa.).
id
OYR.2004.016
repository
extent
6 linear feet
inclusive date
1881-1957
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Borough of Jenkintown in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was incorporated in 1874. The Borough of Jenkintown records, 1881-1957, consist of account books, correspondence and other documents of the Sewer Committee, and Jenkintown Borough yearbooks.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
The Historical Society of Trappe, Collegeville, Perkiomen Valley [Contact Us]
1896-1994
Creator:
Trappe (Pa.).
Extent: 26 linear feet
The Borough of Trappe is located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. It was settled in 1717 and formally incorporated in 1896. The bulk of the Borough of Trappe records, 1962-1994, is comprised of taxation records. The remainder of the collection is made up of financial, administrative, and municipal planning records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Borough of Trappe records
creator
Trappe (Pa.).
id
TCPV.01
repository
extent
26 linear feet
inclusive date
1896-1994
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Borough of Trappe is located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. It was settled in 1717 and formally incorporated in 1896. The bulk of the Borough of Trappe records, 1962-1994, is comprised of taxation records. The remainder of the collection is made up of financial, administrative, and municipal planning records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1943-1963, 1993, 1995
Creator:
Boy Scouts of America. Troop 386 (Jenkintown, Pa. Troop #2)
Extent: 0.5 linear feet
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is a youth development organization incorporated in 1910. The Boy Scouts of America, Jenkintown Troop 2 records relate primarily to Jenkintown Troop 2 (BSA Troop 386), with some material for Jenkintown Cub Scout Pack 13 and Explorer Post 386. The collection includes committee minutes and memoranda books of Jenkintown Troop 2 as well as programs and miscellaneous material from the troop's parent bodies and related troops. (View full finding aid.)
title
Boy Scouts of America, Jenkintown Troop 2 records
creator
Boy Scouts of America. Troop 386 (Jenkintown, Pa. Troop #2)
id
OYR.2013.001
repository
extent
0.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1943-1963, 1993, 1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is a youth development organization incorporated in 1910. The Boy Scouts of America, Jenkintown Troop 2 records relate primarily to Jenkintown Troop 2 (BSA Troop 386), with some material for Jenkintown Cub Scout Pack 13 and Explorer Post 386. The collection includes committee minutes and memoranda books of Jenkintown Troop 2 as well as programs and miscellaneous material from the troop's parent bodies and related troops.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
King of Prussia Historical Society [Contact Us]
1786-2012
Creator:
Schultheis, Carl
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
Carl F. Schultheis, Jr. (born 1930) is a pediatrician at the King of Prussia Medical Center in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and known as a local historian in Upper Merion Township, PA. The Carl Schultheis local history collection, 1786-2012, consists of photographs, deeds, marriage certificates, letters, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, and other materials documenting the local history and people of King of Prussia (Montgomery County, PA) and nearby areas. (View full finding aid.)
title
Carl Schultheis local history collection
creator
Schultheis, Carl
id
KOP.05
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1786-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Carl F. Schultheis, Jr. (born 1930) is a pediatrician at the King of Prussia Medical Center in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and known as a local historian in Upper Merion Township, PA. The Carl Schultheis local history collection, 1786-2012, consists of photographs, deeds, marriage certificates, letters, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, and other materials documenting the local history and people of King of Prussia (Montgomery County, PA) and nearby areas.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Fort Washington [Contact Us]
1817-1897
Creator:
Carn-Buchanan family
Extent: 0.3 linear feet
Hannah B. Lester (b. 1815) was a member of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) who lived in Quakertown, Pennsylvania. Abram Carn was the proprietor of a general store and post office in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania. The Carn-Buchanan family papers, 1817-1897, are made up of personal correspondence of Hannah B. Lester and three receipt books attributed to Abram Carn and an unknown person with the surname Donut. (View full finding aid.)
title
Carn-Buchanan family papers
creator
Carn-Buchanan family
id
HSFW.11
repository
extent
0.3 linear feet
inclusive date
1817-1897
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Hannah B. Lester (b. 1815) was a member of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) who lived in Quakertown, Pennsylvania. Abram Carn was the proprietor of a general store and post office in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania. The Carn-Buchanan family papers, 1817-1897, are made up of personal correspondence of Hannah B. Lester and three receipt books attributed to Abram Carn and an unknown person with the surname Donut.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Goschenhoppen Historians, Inc. [Contact Us]
1869-1884
Creator:
Centre Square and Gwynedd Building and Loan Association.
Extent: 1 linear feet
The Centre Square and Gwynedd Building and Loan Association in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was incorporated in 1869. Centre Square and Gwynedd Building and Loan Association records, 1869-1884, includes a minute book, bills and receipts, bank books, and other records of the association. (View full finding aid.)
title
Centre Square and Gwynedd Building and Loan Association records
creator
Centre Square and Gwynedd Building and Loan Association.
id
GH.05
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1869-1884
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Centre Square and Gwynedd Building and Loan Association in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was incorporated in 1869. Centre Square and Gwynedd Building and Loan Association records, 1869-1884, includes a minute book, bills and receipts, bank books, and other records of the association.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Millbrook Society [Contact Us]
1922-1985
Creator:
Smith, Charles Harper
Extent: 3 linear feet
Charles Harper Smith was a historian, teacher, and author best known for his books The Settlement of Horsham Township and Land Tenure of Colonial Hatboro. Smith lived in Hatboro, a suburb of Philadelphia, and was involved in community activism. The Charles Harper Smith collection, 1922-1985, consists of research materials collected by Smith while he was working on his books. In addition to Smith's research notes and handwritten copies of historic documents, his papers include some newspaper clippings, photographs, personal correspondence (circa 1935-1945), and maps. (View full finding aid.)
title
Charles Harper Smith collection
creator
Smith, Charles Harper
id
MS.15
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1922-1985
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Charles Harper Smith was a historian, teacher, and author best known for his books The Settlement of Horsham Township and Land Tenure of Colonial Hatboro. Smith lived in Hatboro, a suburb of Philadelphia, and was involved in community activism. The Charles Harper Smith collection, 1922-1985, consists of research materials collected by Smith while he was working on his books. In addition to Smith's research notes and handwritten copies of historic documents, his papers include some newspaper clippings, photographs, personal correspondence (circa 1935-1945), and maps.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Montgomery County [Contact Us]
1876-1961
Creator:
Barker, Charles R.
Extent: 17.4 linear feet
Charles Reed Barker (1875-1961) was a very active genealogist and historian in the Philadelphia area. The Charles R. Barker papers, 1876-1961, consist of diaries, scrapbooks, historic document abstracts/transcriptions, and a small amount of loose documents and ephemera. At the heart of the collection are Barker's diaries, which provide a comprehensive and intimate view of his daily activities over nearly three-quarters of a century, 1889-1961. (View full finding aid.)
title
Charles R. Barker papers
creator
Barker, Charles R.
id
HSMC.10
repository
extent
17.4 linear feet
inclusive date
1876-1961
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Charles Reed Barker (1875-1961) was a very active genealogist and historian in the Philadelphia area. The Charles R. Barker papers, 1876-1961, consist of diaries, scrapbooks, historic document abstracts/transcriptions, and a small amount of loose documents and ephemera. At the heart of the collection are Barker's diaries, which provide a comprehensive and intimate view of his daily activities over nearly three-quarters of a century, 1889-1961.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1909-1922
Creator:
Cheltenham (Pa. : Township). Police Dept.
Extent: 6 linear feet
The Cheltenham Police Department, established in 1903, is as of 2013 the third largest Police Department in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Cheltenham Police Department photographs, 1909-1922, consist of approximately 5,000 glass plate negatives, film negatives and a few prints, and contains official police department photographs of accident and crime scenes, mug shots, corpse and autopsy images, and fingerprints. Portions of this collection are restricted. (View full finding aid.)
title
Cheltenham Police Department photographs
creator
Cheltenham (Pa. : Township). Police Dept.
id
OYR.2006.072
repository
extent
6 linear feet
inclusive date
1909-1922
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Cheltenham Police Department, established in 1903, is as of 2013 the third largest Police Department in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Cheltenham Police Department photographs, 1909-1922, consist of approximately 5,000 glass plate negatives, film negatives and a few prints, and contains official police department photographs of accident and crime scenes, mug shots, corpse and autopsy images, and fingerprints. Portions of this collection are restricted.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1871-1998
Creator:
Cheltenham United Methodist Church (Pa.)
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The first Methodist church in Cheltenham, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was built with funds donated by Thomas Rowland in 1845. In 2008 Cheltenham United Methodist Church merged into Fox Chase United Methodist Church. The Cheltenham United Methodist Church records, 1871-1998, consist of administrative and financial records of Cheltenham United Methodist Church, as well as materials from ladies auxiliary groups, the Sunday School, and other miscellaneous records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Cheltenham United Methodist Church records
creator
Cheltenham United Methodist Church (Pa.)
id
OYR.2011.071
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1871-1998
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The first Methodist church in Cheltenham, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was built with funds donated by Thomas Rowland in 1845. In 2008 Cheltenham United Methodist Church merged into Fox Chase United Methodist Church. The Cheltenham United Methodist Church records, 1871-1998, consist of administrative and financial records of Cheltenham United Methodist Church, as well as materials from ladies auxiliary groups, the Sunday School, and other miscellaneous records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Sunrise Mill [Contact Us]
1914-1940
Creator:
Jackson, Chevalier, 1865-1958
Extent: 9.8 linear feet
Dr. Chevalier Jackson (1865-1958) was a medical doctor whose invention of the bronchoscope saved countless lives by removing foreign bodies, such as pins, coins and teeth, from people's throats. He authored over four hundred medical articles and twelve books, including his autobiography, which became a best-seller in 1938. The Chevalier Jackson papers at Sunrise Mill, 1914-1940, consists of patient records (1925-1928), drafts of medical articles, laryngology conference materials (1925, 1932), correspondence, and photographs. (View full finding aid.)
title
Chevalier Jackson papers
creator
Jackson, Chevalier, 1865-1958
id
SRM.01
repository
extent
9.8 linear feet
inclusive date
1914-1940
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Dr. Chevalier Jackson (1865-1958) was a medical doctor whose invention of the bronchoscope saved countless lives by removing foreign bodies, such as pins, coins and teeth, from people's throats. He authored over four hundred medical articles and twelve books, including his autobiography, which became a best-seller in 1938. The Chevalier Jackson papers at Sunrise Mill, 1914-1940, consists of patient records (1925-1928), drafts of medical articles, laryngology conference materials (1925, 1932), correspondence, and photographs.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1977-2001
(Bulk: 1996-2001)
Creator:
Child Care of Montgomery County.
Extent: 13.75 linear feet
The Child Care of Montgomery County (CCMC) began as a study group of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) and became a non-profit organization providing pre-and after-school care for children of working parents. It was incorporated on July 25, 1977, and folded in 2000. The Child Care of Montgomery County records, 1977-2001 [bulk 1996-2001], is comprised of the financial and administrative records of the organization, as well as some newsletters and brochures. (View full finding aid.)
title
Child Care of Montgomery County records
creator
Child Care of Montgomery County.
id
OYR.05
repository
extent
13.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1977-2001
bulk date
1996-2001
abstract/scope/contents
The Child Care of Montgomery County (CCMC) began as a study group of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) and became a non-profit organization providing pre-and after-school care for children of working parents. It was incorporated on July 25, 1977, and folded in 2000. The Child Care of Montgomery County records, 1977-2001 [bulk 1996-2001], is comprised of the financial and administrative records of the organization, as well as some newsletters and brochures.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Worcester Historical Society [Contact Us]
1935-1965
Creator:
Shearer, Christine, 1884-1968.
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Christine Shearer (1884-1968) of Worcester, Pennsylvania began entering jingle-writing contests in the 1930s, and continued to enter and win such contests for over 25 years. Mrs. Shearer was active with the local Ladies' Aid Society, serving as its president. Her sister Irma Schultz also entered jingle-writing contests, although not as frequently. The Christine Shearer and Irma Schultz scrapbooks, 1935-1965, are comprised of scrapbooks created by Shearer and Schultz. The bulk consist of newspaper clippings, but of special interest are three scrapbooks which document the women's jingle-writing hobby. (View full finding aid.)
title
Christine Shearer and Irma Schultz scrapbooks
creator
Shearer, Christine, 1884-1968.
id
WHS.03
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1935-1965
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Christine Shearer (1884-1968) of Worcester, Pennsylvania began entering jingle-writing contests in the 1930s, and continued to enter and win such contests for over 25 years. Mrs. Shearer was active with the local Ladies' Aid Society, serving as its president. Her sister Irma Schultz also entered jingle-writing contests, although not as frequently. The Christine Shearer and Irma Schultz scrapbooks, 1935-1965, are comprised of scrapbooks created by Shearer and Schultz. The bulk consist of newspaper clippings, but of special interest are three scrapbooks which document the women's jingle-writing hobby.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1944-1945
Creator:
Kraeger, Robert H., 1897-1975
Extent: 0.2 linear feet
The Church of Our Saviour in Jenkintown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania operated a Church Door Canteen during World War II, entertaining service men and women mostly from the nearby Willow Grove Naval Air Station. The Church Door Canteen memorabilia, 1944-1945, include papers relating to a quiz program, a telephone log, and ephemera. (View full finding aid.)
title
Church Door Canteen memorabilia
creator
Kraeger, Robert H., 1897-1975
id
OYR.2007.077
repository
extent
0.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1944-1945
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Church of Our Saviour in Jenkintown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania operated a Church Door Canteen during World War II, entertaining service men and women mostly from the nearby Willow Grove Naval Air Station. The Church Door Canteen memorabilia, 1944-1945, include papers relating to a quiz program, a telephone log, and ephemera.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1848-1925
Creator:
Comfort, Charles L., 1835-1913
Extent: 3 linear feet
Charles L. Comfort (1835-1913) was a Confederate Civil War veteran who settled in Philadelphia and opened a business in botanical preparations and flavoring extracts. His second wife was Ellen Lister Dern. The Comfort-Dern family papers, 1848-1925, are a miscellaneous accumulation of papers primarily relating to Charles L. Comfort and his father-in-law Conrad Dern. It includes receipted bills, family correspondence, photographs, business accounts, Badger/Comfort family genealogical notes, and various family documents and ephemera. There are also small amounts of records from two clubs in which family members were involved: the Utah Club and the Men's Chapter of the Guild of the Church of Our Savior (Jenkintown). (View full finding aid.)
title
Comfort-Dern family papers and memorabilia
creator
Comfort, Charles L., 1835-1913
id
OYR.1999.001
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1848-1925
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Charles L. Comfort (1835-1913) was a Confederate Civil War veteran who settled in Philadelphia and opened a business in botanical preparations and flavoring extracts. His second wife was Ellen Lister Dern. The Comfort-Dern family papers, 1848-1925, are a miscellaneous accumulation of papers primarily relating to Charles L. Comfort and his father-in-law Conrad Dern. It includes receipted bills, family correspondence, photographs, business accounts, Badger/Comfort family genealogical notes, and various family documents and ephemera. There are also small amounts of records from two clubs in which family members were involved: the Utah Club and the Men's Chapter of the Guild of the Church of Our Savior (Jenkintown).
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1926-1954
Creator:
Young, George S.
Extent: 0.25 linear feet
The Community Weekday Bible School of Jenkintown was organized in 1921 under the auspices of the Community Council of Religious Education. The Community Weekday Bible School of Jenkintown scrapbooks, 1926-1954, contain notices to parents, commencement programs, and clippings. The volumes were compiled by the Community Council’s President, George S. Young. (View full finding aid.)
title
Community Weekday Bible School of Jenkintown scrapbooks
creator
Young, George S.
id
OYR.2005.067
repository
extent
0.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1926-1954
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Community Weekday Bible School of Jenkintown was organized in 1921 under the auspices of the Community Council of Religious Education. The Community Weekday Bible School of Jenkintown scrapbooks, 1926-1954, contain notices to parents, commencement programs, and clippings. The volumes were compiled by the Community Council’s President, George S. Young.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Conshohocken Historical Society [Contact Us]
1928-1980
Creator:
Conshohocken Historical Society.
Extent: 4 linear feet
The Alan Wood Steel Company, established in 1826, was an iron production company located in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania along the Schuylkill River. The Conshohocken Historical Society Alan Wood Steel Company collection, 1928-1920, is comprised of assorted published and unpublished materials on the Alan Wood Steel Company, including annual reports, pamphlets, brochures, books, and scrapbooks, as well as a small amount of correspondence, financial records, and artifacts. (View full finding aid.)
title
Conshohocken Historical Society Alan Wood Steel Company collection
creator
Conshohocken Historical Society.
id
CHS.06
repository
extent
4 linear feet
inclusive date
1928-1980
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Alan Wood Steel Company, established in 1826, was an iron production company located in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania along the Schuylkill River. The Conshohocken Historical Society Alan Wood Steel Company collection, 1928-1920, is comprised of assorted published and unpublished materials on the Alan Wood Steel Company, including annual reports, pamphlets, brochures, books, and scrapbooks, as well as a small amount of correspondence, financial records, and artifacts.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Conshohocken Historical Society [Contact Us]
1948-1980
Creator:
Conshohocken Historical Society.
Extent: 1.4 linear feet
The Conshohocken Art League was established in 1922 with the mission "to promote interest and appreciation toward the arts, to sponsor classes and to host related events." The bulk of the Conshohocken Historical Society Conshohocken Art League collection, 1948-1980, is comprised of newspaper clipping scrapbooks and loose clippings. There are also a large number of invitations and event pamphlets. (View full finding aid.)
title
Conshohocken Historical Society Conshohocken Art League collection
creator
Conshohocken Historical Society.
id
CHS.09
repository
extent
1.4 linear feet
inclusive date
1948-1980
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Conshohocken Art League was established in 1922 with the mission "to promote interest and appreciation toward the arts, to sponsor classes and to host related events." The bulk of the Conshohocken Historical Society Conshohocken Art League collection, 1948-1980, is comprised of newspaper clipping scrapbooks and loose clippings. There are also a large number of invitations and event pamphlets.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Conshohocken Historical Society [Contact Us]
1863-2012
Creator:
Conshohocken Historical Society.
Extent: 5.5 linear feet
The Conshohocken Historical Society family vertical files, 1863-2012, are comprised of genealogical research on families from the Conshohocken area. (View full finding aid.)
title
Conshohocken Historical Society family vertical files
creator
Conshohocken Historical Society.
id
CHS.04
repository
extent
5.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1863-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Conshohocken Historical Society family vertical files, 1863-2012, are comprised of genealogical research on families from the Conshohocken area.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Conshohocken Historical Society [Contact Us]
1846-1979
Creator:
Conshohocken Historical Society.
Extent: 8.2 linear feet
The Conshohocken Historical Society local history collection, 1846-1979, consists of miscellaneous original records and papers from organizations and individuals based in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania. It includes scrapbooks, minute books, pamphlets, reports, ledgers, correspondence, blueprints, and maps. (View full finding aid.)
title
Conshohocken Historical Society local history collection
creator
Conshohocken Historical Society.
id
CHS.10
repository
extent
8.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1846-1979
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Conshohocken Historical Society local history collection, 1846-1979, consists of miscellaneous original records and papers from organizations and individuals based in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania. It includes scrapbooks, minute books, pamphlets, reports, ledgers, correspondence, blueprints, and maps.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Conshohocken Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1850-2012
Creator:
Conshohocken Historical Society.
Extent: 15.5 linear feet
The Conshohocken Historical Society photograph collection, circa 1850-2012, consists of original photographs of Conshohocken places and events, individuals, and organizations; Conshohocken Historical Society outings and events; and the Conshohocken Historic Resources Survey. (View full finding aid.)
title
Conshohocken Historical Society photograph collection
creator
Conshohocken Historical Society.
id
CHS.16
repository
extent
15.5 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1850-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Conshohocken Historical Society photograph collection, circa 1850-2012, consists of original photographs of Conshohocken places and events, individuals, and organizations; Conshohocken Historical Society outings and events; and the Conshohocken Historic Resources Survey.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Conshohocken Historical Society [Contact Us]
1967-2009
Creator:
Conshohocken Historical Society.
Extent: 11.5 linear feet
The Conshohocken Historical Society scrapbooks, 1967-2009, consist of newspaper clippings on Conshohocken and local history, as well as a small amount of ephemera. They were compiled by volunteers Hanna Coulston (1967 to 1995) and Roseanne Forlini (1996 to 2009). (View full finding aid.)
title
Conshohocken Historical Society scrapbooks
creator
Conshohocken Historical Society.
id
CHS.01
repository
extent
11.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1967-2009
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Conshohocken Historical Society scrapbooks, 1967-2009, consist of newspaper clippings on Conshohocken and local history, as well as a small amount of ephemera. They were compiled by volunteers Hanna Coulston (1967 to 1995) and Roseanne Forlini (1996 to 2009).
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Conshohocken Historical Society [Contact Us]
1930-2012
Creator:
Conshohocken Historical Society.
Extent: 8.25 linear feet
The Historical Society of Conshohocken subject vertical files, 1930-2012, are comprised of files on various topics of local interest compiled by the historical society. The files contain mostly secondary materials such as newspaper clippings, pamphlets, ephemera, etc. (View full finding aid.)
title
Conshohocken Historical Society subject vertical files
creator
Conshohocken Historical Society.
id
CHS.05
repository
extent
8.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1930-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Historical Society of Conshohocken subject vertical files, 1930-2012, are comprised of files on various topics of local interest compiled by the historical society. The files contain mostly secondary materials such as newspaper clippings, pamphlets, ephemera, etc.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1669-1980
Creator:
Cox, Robinson, and Ross families
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The Cox, Ross, and Robinson families were important Pennsylvania families active in early Philadelphia and Bucks Counties, and later in the development of Hatboro in Montgomery County. The Cox-Robinson-Ross family papers, 1669-1980, include letters, financial and property records, business papers, photographs, scrapbooks, architectural drawings, and research materials documenting several generations. (View full finding aid.)
title
Cox-Robinson-Ross family papers
creator
Cox, Robinson, and Ross families
id
OYR.2012.032
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1669-1980
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Cox, Ross, and Robinson families were important Pennsylvania families active in early Philadelphia and Bucks Counties, and later in the development of Hatboro in Montgomery County. The Cox-Robinson-Ross family papers, 1669-1980, include letters, financial and property records, business papers, photographs, scrapbooks, architectural drawings, and research materials documenting several generations.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Worcester Historical Society [Contact Us]
1953-1982
Creator:
Cub Scouts. Pack 200 (Worcester, Pa.).
Extent: 0.5 linear feet
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is a youth organization for boys that was incorporated in 1910; the subgroup for younger boys, the Cub Scouts, was formally launched in 1930. Pack 200 in Worcester, Pennsylvania was founded in 1954. The Cub Scouts Pack 200 records, 1953-1982, include financial records, minute books, and advancement reports. (View full finding aid.)
title
Cub Scouts Pack 200 records
creator
Cub Scouts. Pack 200 (Worcester, Pa.).
id
WHS.08
repository
extent
0.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1953-1982
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is a youth organization for boys that was incorporated in 1910; the subgroup for younger boys, the Cub Scouts, was formally launched in 1930. Pack 200 in Worcester, Pennsylvania was founded in 1954. The Cub Scouts Pack 200 records, 1953-1982, include financial records, minute books, and advancement reports.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1866-1973
Creator:
Danenhower family
Extent: 0.4 linear feet
The Danenhower family at one time operated a mill on Pennypack Creek and were long-time residents of the Abington area in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Danenhower family papers, 1866-1973, consist primarily of Eva C. Danenhower Davis diaries, 1967-1973, that record her daily activities while living in Gulfport, Mississippi, and in Philadelphia. Other family records include two autograph albums and a scrapbook. (View full finding aid.)
title
Danenhower family papers
creator
Danenhower family
id
OYR.2009.042
repository
extent
0.4 linear feet
inclusive date
1866-1973
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Danenhower family at one time operated a mill on Pennypack Creek and were long-time residents of the Abington area in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Danenhower family papers, 1866-1973, consist primarily of Eva C. Danenhower Davis diaries, 1967-1973, that record her daily activities while living in Gulfport, Mississippi, and in Philadelphia. Other family records include two autograph albums and a scrapbook.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Montgomery County [Contact Us]
1859-1902
Creator:
Cassel, Daniel, 1816-1892
Extent: 1 linear feet
Daniel Cassel (1816-1892) was a storekeeper in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Daniel Cassel ledgers, 1859-1902, consist of ledgers of Cedars/Cedar Hill store, and estate ledgers of Daniel Cassell. (View full finding aid.)
title
Daniel Cassel ledgers
creator
Cassel, Daniel, 1816-1892
id
HSMC.52
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1859-1902
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Daniel Cassel (1816-1892) was a storekeeper in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Daniel Cassel ledgers, 1859-1902, consist of ledgers of Cedars/Cedar Hill store, and estate ledgers of Daniel Cassell.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.) [Contact Us]
1992-1995
Creator:
Contosta, David R.
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The Carson Valley School opened in 1918 as the Carson College for Orphan Girls with funding from Philadelphia streetcar tycoon Robert N. Carson. Around the time of the school's 75th anniversary, Chestnut Hill College professor David R. Contosta was commissioned to research the history of the school and write the book Philadelphia's Progressive Orphanage: The Carson Valley School. The David R. Contosta research files on Carson Valley School, 1992-1995, are comprised of research notes, copies of scholarly and newspaper articles, copies of school records, and other materials compiled by Contosta while writing his book. (View full finding aid.)
title
David R. Contosta research files on Carson Valley School
creator
Contosta, David R.
id
STHS.03
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1992-1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Carson Valley School opened in 1918 as the Carson College for Orphan Girls with funding from Philadelphia streetcar tycoon Robert N. Carson. Around the time of the school's 75th anniversary, Chestnut Hill College professor David R. Contosta was commissioned to research the history of the school and write the book Philadelphia's Progressive Orphanage: The Carson Valley School. The David R. Contosta research files on Carson Valley School, 1992-1995, are comprised of research notes, copies of scholarly and newspaper articles, copies of school records, and other materials compiled by Contosta while writing his book.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Spring-Ford Area Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1930s-1980s
Creator:
Diamond Glass Company (Royersford, Pa.)
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
Glass manufacturing was the second largest industry in Royersford, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania in the 20th century. Diamond Glass Company was among the first glass companies opened in the borough (1894), boasted the largest factory, and was the last to close (1989). The Diamond Glass Company financial and property records, circa 1930s-1980s, include deeds, tax reports, checks, receipts, and capital stock and loan reports. (View full finding aid.)
title
Diamond Glass Company financial and property records
creator
Diamond Glass Company (Royersford, Pa.)
id
SFAHS.06
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1930s-1980s
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Glass manufacturing was the second largest industry in Royersford, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania in the 20th century. Diamond Glass Company was among the first glass companies opened in the borough (1894), boasted the largest factory, and was the last to close (1989). The Diamond Glass Company financial and property records, circa 1930s-1980s, include deeds, tax reports, checks, receipts, and capital stock and loan reports.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Montgomery County [Contact Us]
1773-1915
Creator:
Donnaldson family
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
John Donnaldson (1754-1831) was a merchant and insurance broker who owned shares in the Canton, the first ship to sail from Philadelphia to China in 1785-1787. All of his five sons also had mercantile careers, and three of them--Edward Milner Donnaldson (1778-1853), Richard M. Donnaldson (1787-1873) and Hugh Donnaldson (1796-1819)--traveled to China. The Donnaldson family papers, 1773-1915, include documents relating to various family members, but principally Richard M. and Harriet Donnaldson. Documents include correspondence, land draughts, marriage certificates, etc. Of special interest are two original accounts of voyages to China, 1818-1819. (View full finding aid.)
title
Donnaldson family papers
creator
Donnaldson family
id
HSMC.45
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1773-1915
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
John Donnaldson (1754-1831) was a merchant and insurance broker who owned shares in the Canton, the first ship to sail from Philadelphia to China in 1785-1787. All of his five sons also had mercantile careers, and three of them--Edward Milner Donnaldson (1778-1853), Richard M. Donnaldson (1787-1873) and Hugh Donnaldson (1796-1819)--traveled to China. The Donnaldson family papers, 1773-1915, include documents relating to various family members, but principally Richard M. and Harriet Donnaldson. Documents include correspondence, land draughts, marriage certificates, etc. Of special interest are two original accounts of voyages to China, 1818-1819.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Morris Arboretum Archives [Contact Us]
circa 1924-1976
Creator:
Wherry, Edgar Theodore, 1885-1982
Extent: 23 linear feet
Dr. Edgar T. Wherry (1885-1982) was a mineralogist and botanist who specialized in ferns. He was a professor of botany at the University of Pennsylvania from 1930-1955, and in 1932 he was appointed ecologist to the Morris Arboretum. The Dr. Edgar T. Wherry botanical lantern slides, circa 1920s-1976, consist of dozens of lantern slides (primarily hand-painted photographs) created by Dr. Edgar T. Wherry depicting botanical specimens, some from the Morris Arboretum and others from locations throughout the world. There is also one slide script from a 1976 lecture on Phlox in the collection. (View full finding aid.)
title
Dr. Edgar T. Wherry botanical lantern slides
creator
Wherry, Edgar Theodore, 1885-1982
id
MA.04
repository
extent
23 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1924-1976
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Dr. Edgar T. Wherry (1885-1982) was a mineralogist and botanist who specialized in ferns. He was a professor of botany at the University of Pennsylvania from 1930-1955, and in 1932 he was appointed ecologist to the Morris Arboretum. The Dr. Edgar T. Wherry botanical lantern slides, circa 1920s-1976, consist of dozens of lantern slides (primarily hand-painted photographs) created by Dr. Edgar T. Wherry depicting botanical specimens, some from the Morris Arboretum and others from locations throughout the world. There is also one slide script from a 1976 lecture on Phlox in the collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • NextLast »