Search Finding Aids
Photograph album by a British soldier
Ms. Coll. 984
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the University of Pennsylvania. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in our reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
- University of Pennsylvania: Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
- Photograph album by a British soldier
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 984
- 1 volume
- Photograph album by an unknown British soldier in 1945. The album contains black-and-white snapshots of the soldier's journey from Italy to Quetta, Pakistan.
Cite as:Photograph Album by a British Soldier, 1945, Ms. Coll. 984, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts, University of Pennsylvania
- Finding Aid's Permanent URL:
Scope and Contents
Comprises 38 black-and-white photographs taken by an unknown British soldier in 1945. The album records the soldier's journey from Italy to Quetta, Pakistan. The photographs are snapshots measuring 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches and capture images of fellow soldiers, landscapes, seascapes (with some warships), and of Quetta. The images of soldiers include men and women in uniform and out uniform and include some social scenes, like swimming at the military training facility in Quetta known as Staff College. Photographs are corner-mounted on black paper with captions in white ink.
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Donna Brandolisio
This collection is open for research use.
Copyright restrictions may exist. For most library holdings, the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania do not hold copyright. It is the responsibility of the requester to seek permission from the holder of the copyright to reproduce material from the Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts.
Source of Acquisition
Sold by Kevin Jackson (Izmir, Turkey), 2014.
Controlled Access Headings
- Manuscripts, English--20th century
- Photograph albums
- India--History--British occupation, 1765-1947--Pictorial works
- Soldiers--Great Britain--20th century--Pictorial works