Search Finding Aids
Marie Johnstone collection
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the University of Pennsylvania. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in our reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
- University of Pennsylvania: Barbara Bates Center for the Study of The History of Nursing
- Marie Johnstone collection
- Call Number:
- MC 97
- 02 Linear feet
- Marie Johnstone was a student at Providence Hospital School of Nursing, an African American training school in Chicago. This small collection contains her diploma and one photograph.
Cite as:Marie Johnstone collection, Barbara Bates Center for The Study of The History of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
- Finding Aid's Permanent URL:
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Bethany Myers
This collection is unrestricted.
Copyright restrictions may apply. Please contact the Center with requests for copying and for authorization to publish, quote or reproduce the material.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Jeanette Lucas, 1991.
Controlled Access Headings
- Providence Hospital School of Nursing.
- Personal papers
- Johnstone, Marie
- Lucas, Jeanette
- African American nurses