New Franklin Help
- Type a single keyword or multiple words in the search box, click "Go".
- If two or more words are entered into the search box, the words will be joined with AND during the search.
charles dickens searches charles AND dickens
love and death searches love AND and AND death
- Phrases must be entered in quotations marks.
- The Boolean Operators AND, OR, NOT can be included
in a basic Search. In the basic search AND and OR may be lower or upper case, NOT must be upper case. (Boolean operators must be capitalized in the custom box of the Advanced Search).
- Parenthesis may be used to control the order of operation:
medieval and (clothes or costume)
- When the pull-down menu is on All of Franklin, the results will contain the word or words searched anywhere
in a record.
- To search in the specific fields of Author, Title, Journal title, Subject, Form/Genre, ISBN/ISSN, Call Number, choose the appropriate field from the pull-down menu. See Field searching for additional search details.
- Results are initially sorted by relevance.
- You may narrow your results by using the limits on
the left of the search results screen.
- If you click on the Advanced Search tab after completing a basic Search, the values of the basic Search will populate the
Advanced Search form.