Adding and Removing Limits
What are Limits?
- Limits are predefined categories of information and the values within those categories. Limits display on the left of the
- Available limits are: Access, Format, Subject, Language, Library, Specific Location, Publication Date, Classification, Author/Creator,
(Currently only videorecordings and manuscripts are included in the Form/Genre limit.)
- Prior to a searching, the header above the Limits is Browse by....
- Limits originally display by frequency. To see additional values for any given limit, click on "more..." in that limit's
All values for that limit will be displayed in alphabetical order. Choose the appropriate link from the top of the page to
jump to another letter, re-sort the list by frequency, or page through using the "< Prev | Next >" links.
- Click on a value in a limit box. This will bring up all the items in the catalog that share that characteristic. You can
apply additional limits and/or enter keywords in the search box to continue
to narrow the results.
- Each selected limit will be displayed at the top of the page, following the phrase "Limited to."> Limits are retained until
removed or the new search button is selected.
Using Limits after a Search:
- After doing a search, the header above the Limits is Limit your search....
- After completing a search, click on a desired limit. This will bring up all the items within the previous search
results that share that characteristic. You can apply additional limits to further narrow the results.
- Each selected limit will display at the top of the page, following the phrase "Limited to." Limits are retained until removed
or the new search button is selected.
- To remove a selected limit from a search, click the red x-dot () next to that limit in the search details at the top of the page. The search will immediately execute without the limit.
Choosing new search will also remove limits in use.