This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Dreiser, Theodore, 1871-1945.
- circa 1890-1965
- American writer.
- Contains 22 series, including correspondence (118 boxes); legal matters (7 boxes); writings (260 boxes), comprising books, essays, short stories, poems, plays, screenplays, radio scripts, addresses, lectures, interviews, introductions, and prefaces; journals edited by Dreiser (6 boxes); notes (9 boxes); diaries (5 boxes); biographical material (1 box); memorabilia (41 boxes), comprising scrapbooks, photographs, art work, promotional material, postcards, and miscellanea; financial records (5 boxes); clippings 23 boxes); works by others (12 boxes); and oversize materials (2 boxes). Also includes materials regarding various family members: brother Paul Dresser (8 boxes of correspondence, sheet music and lyric sheets, clippings and memorabilia, and two plays written by Dresser); second wife Helen Dreiser (4 boxes of diaries and other writings); and niece Vera Dreiser (2 boxes of correspondence).
- Finding aid/Index:
- Finding aid available through the World Wide Web.
For a listing of the 3,741 principal correspondents, do the following title search: Theodore Dreiser Papers, ca. 1890-1965.
- Principal holdings: gift of and purchase from Theodore and Helen Dreiser, 1942-1955. Additional donations: Myrtle Butcher; Louise Campbell; Harold J. Dies; Ralph Fabri; Mrs. William White Gleason; Hazel Mack Godwin; Paul D. Gormley; Marguerite Tjader Harris; R. Sturgis Ingersoll; Los Angeles Public Library; F. O. Matthiessen; Vera Dreiser Scott; Lorna D. Smith; Robert Spiller; and Estelle Kubitz Williams.
- Cite as:
- Theodore Dreiser Papers, Rare Book & Manuscript Library, University of Pennsylvania.
- Dresser, Paul, 1858-1906.
Dreiser, Helen Patges, d. 1955.
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order