This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Gacek, Adam.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2009.
- Handbuch der Orientalistik. Nahe und der Mittlere Osten ; Erste Abteilung 98. Bd.
Handbook of Oriental Studies. Section 1, the Near and Middle East ancient Near East, 0169-9423 ; v. 98
xviii, 338 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Manuscripts, Arabic -- History -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Paleography, Arabic -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Codicology -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- The main sequence is comprised of approximately 200 entries dealing with almost all aspects of Arabic manuscript studies (codicology and paleography); includes appendices covering abbreviations, letterforms, sūrah-headings, major reference works, and a guide to the description of manuscripts, as well as charts of major historical periods and dynasties.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alfred H. Gumaer Fund.
- Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund.
Alfred H. Gumaer Fund.
- 9789004170360 (hardback : alk. paper)
9004170367 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Web link:
- The Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund Home Page
The Alfred H. Gumaer Fund Home Page