This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Gacek, Adam.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2009.
Handbuch der Orientalistik. Nahe und der Mittlere Osten ; Erste Abteilung 98. Bd.
Handbook of Oriental Studies. Section 1, the Near and Middle East ancient Near East, 0169-9423 ; v. 98
xviii, 338 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
Manuscripts, Arabic -- History -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Paleography, Arabic -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Codicology -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- The main sequence is comprised of approximately 200 entries dealing with almost all aspects of Arabic manuscript studies (codicology and paleography); includes appendices covering abbreviations, letterforms, sūrah-headings, major reference works, and a guide to the description of manuscripts, as well as charts of major historical periods and dynasties.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alfred H. Gumaer Fund.
Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund.
Alfred H. Gumaer Fund.
- 9789004170360 (hardback : alk. paper)
9004170367 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Web link:
The Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund Home Page
The Alfred H. Gumaer Fund Home Page