This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Citizens' Wholesale Supply Co.
- Columbus, Ohio : The Citizens' Wholesale Supply Co., [192-?]
124 p. : col. ill., port. ; 23 cm.
Citizens' Wholesale Supply Co.
- Advertisements -- Ohio -- Columbus -- 20th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Ohio Columbus.
- Cover title.
Promotional cookbook for Citizens' Wholesale Supply Company, of Columbus, Ohio, manufacturers of "Golden Rule" products, and includes various advertisements.
Introductory poem, "The romance of the kitchen" (p. 3-4), signed by Ida Bailey Allen, with her photographic portrait accompanied by her signature in facsimile.
"The material contained herein has been gathered from many sources ... some recipes were developed ... by Mrs. Ida Bailey Allen ... some have been developed by our laboratory staff ... several ... have been specially developed ... by Miss Margaret Kropp ..."--preface (p. 8).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Richard L. Sperry, WG'67, Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts Collections.
RBC copy has a "duplicate list of goods ..." Citizens' Wholesale Supply Co. order form, completed in ms., dated September 29, 1931, and signed B.A. Perryman(?), salesman, of Bellerose(?), New York, laid in.
RBC copy has the bookseller's description laid in.
- Perryman(?), B. A. (autograph) (RBC copy)
Allen, Ida Cogswell Bailey, 1885-1973.
Culinary Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Richard L. Sperry, WG'67, Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts Collections.
- Web link:
The Richard L. Sperry, WG'67, Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts Collections Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order