This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- London ; Brookfield, Vt. : Pickering & Chatto, c2010.
- Gender and genre ; no. 3.
Gender and genre ; no. 3
xiii, 198 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Wharton, Edith, 1862-1937. Custom of the country.
- Introduction / Laura Rattray
The custom of the country : Edith Wharton's conversation with the Atlantic Monthly / Susan Goodman
When the reading had to stop : readers, reading and the circulation of texts in The custom of the country / Shafquat Towheed
'Don't cry : it ain't that kind of story' : Wharton's business of fiction, 1908-12 / Bonnie Shannon McMullen
Worst parents ever : cultures of childhood in The custom of the country / Carol J. Singley
Crude ascending the staircase : Undine Spragg and the Armory Show / Emily J. Orlando
'It's better to watch' : compulsive voyeurism in The custom of the country and The house of mirth / Jessica Schubert McCarthy
A 'mist of opopanax' : mapping the scentscape of The custom of the country / Pamela Knights
Landscape with the fall of Undine / Margaret P. Murray
Girls from the Provinces : Wharton's Undine Spragg and Cather's Thea Kronborg / Julie Olin-Ammentorp
Men at work in The custom of the country / William Blazek
'Lost in translation' : financial plots and the modernist reader in The custom of the country / Hildegard Hoeller.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Ellis D. Williams, College 1865, Endowment Fund.
- Rattray, Laura.
Ellis D. Williams, College 1865, Endowment Fund.
- 9781851962242 (hbk.)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Ellis D. Williams, College 1865, Endowment Fund Home Page