Access, holdings & availability
- Rozell, Mark J.
- 3rd ed., rev. and updated.
- Lawrence : University Press of Kansas, c2010.
Studies in government and public policy.
Studies in government and public policy
xii, 259 p. ; 23 cm.
Executive privilege (Government information) -- United States.
Executive privilege (Government information) -- United States -- History.
The dilemma of secrecy and democratic accountability
The arguments against executive privilege
The arguments in favor of executive privilege
Undermining a constitutional doctrine : Richard Nixon and the abuse of executive privilege
The post-Watergate years I : the "open" presidencies of Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter
The post-Watergate years II : Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and the era of divided government
Beyond the Watergate taint I : Bill Clinton and the effort to restore executive privilege
Beyond the Watergate taint II : George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and the growing discord over executive privilege
Conclusion: Resolving the dilemma.
- "Originally published with the title Executive privilege: the dilemma of secrecy and democratic accountability by Johns Hopkins University Press in 1994"--T.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Herman V. Ames Fund.
- Herman V. Ames Fund.
- 9780700617128 (cloth : alk. paper)
0700617124 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780700617135 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0700617132 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
The Herman V. Ames Fund Home Page