Access, holdings & availability
- Chicago ; London : The University of Chicago Press, 2009.
- National Bureau of Economic Research conference report.
A National Bureau of Economic Research conference report
ix, 317 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Poor youth -- United States -- Social conditions.
Poor youth -- Education -- United States.
Poor youth -- Health and hygiene -- United States.
- Introduction: what have we learned about the problems of and prospects for disadvantaged youth? / Jonathan Gruber
Education : the behavioral consequences of pre-kindergarten participation for disadvantaged youth / David Figlio and Jeffrey Roth
Is gaining access to selective elementary schools gaining ground? : evidence from randomized lotteries / Julie Berry Cullen and Brian A. Jacob
Would more compulsory schooling help disadvantaged youth? : evidence from recent changes to school-leaving laws / Philip Oreopoulos
Health and healthy behaviors : mental health in childhood and human capital / Janet Currie and Mark Stabile
Childhood disadvantage and obesity : is nurture trumping nature? / Patricia M. Anderson, Kristin F. Butcher, and Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach
Socioeconomic disadvantage and early childbearing / Melissa S. Kearney and Phillip B. Levine
Contextual influences : parental income shocks and outcomes of disadvantaged youth in the United States / Marianne Page, Ann Huff Stevens, and Jason Lindo
The role of religious and social organizations in the lives of disadvantaged youth / Rajeev Dehejia, Thomas Deleire, Erzo F.P. Luttmer, and Josh Mitchell
Neighborhood violence and urban youth / Anna Aizer.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Elsie de Renzo Orlando Fund.
- Gruber, Jonathan.
Elsie de Renzo Orlando Fund.
- 9780226309453 (alk. paper)
0226309452 (alk. paper)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Elsie de Renzo Orlando Fund Home Page