This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Armstrong, Louis, 1901-1971. , Performer
- Stamford, CT : Mosaic Records, p2009.
- Sound recording
7 sound discs : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
Jazz -- 1931-1940.
Jazz -- 1941-1950.
Trumpet music (Jazz)
- Disc 1. I'm in the mood for love ; You are my lucky star ; La cucharacha ; Got a bran' new suit ; I've got my fingers crossed ; Old man Mose ; I'm shooting high ; Was I to blame for falling in love with you ; Red sails in the sunset ; On Treasure Island ; Thanks a million ; Shoe shine boy ; Solitude ; I hope Gabriel likes my music ; The music goes 'round and 'round ; Rhythm saved the world ; Got a bran' new suit (alternate take) ; I've got my fingers crossed ; Old man Mose (alternate takes) ; Thanks a million (alternate take) ; Solitude (alternate takes) ; I hope Gabriel likes my music (alternate take) ; Rhythm saved the world (alternate take)
Disc 2. I'm puttin' all my eggs in one basket
Yes-yes! my-my! (She's mine) ; Somebody stole my break ; I come from a musical family ; If we never meet again ; Lyin' to myself
Ev'ntide ; Swing that music ; Thankful ; Red nose ; Mahogany hall stomp ; The skeleton in the closet ; When Ruben swings the Cuban ; Hurdy gurdy man ; Dipper mouth ; Swing that music ; Pennies from heaven medley (Let's call a heart a heart/So do I/The skeleton in the closet) ; Pennies from heaven ; To you, sweetheart aloha ; On a cocoanut island ; On a little bamboo bridge ; Hawaiian hospitality ; When Ruben swings the Cuban (alternate take) ; Hurdy gurdy man (alternate take) ; Pennies from heaven medley (Let's call a heart a heart/So do I/The skeleton in the closet) (alternate take).
Disc 3. Carry me back to old Virginny ; Darling Nelly Gray ; In the shade of the old apple tree ; The old folks at home ; Public enemy number one ; Yours and mine ; Red cap ; She's the daughter of a planter from Havana ; Alexander's ragtime band ; Cuban Pete ; I've got a heeart full of rhythm ; Sun showers ; Once in a while ; On the sunny side of the street ; Satchel mouth swing ; Jubilee ; Struttin' with some barbecue ; The trumpet player's lament ; Darling Nelly Gray (alternate take) ; In the shade of the old apple tree (alternate take) ; The old folks at home (alternate take) ; Struttin' with some barbecue (alternate take) ; The trumpet player's lament (alternate take)
Disc 4. I double dare you ; True confession ; Let that be a lesson to you ; Sweet as a song ; So little time (so much to do) ; Mexican swing ; As long as you live you'll be dead if you die ; When the saints go marching in ; On the sentimental side ; It's wonderful ; Something tells me ; Love walked in ; The flat foot floogee ; The song is ended ; My walking stick ; Shadrack ; Going to shout all over God's heaven ; Nobody knows de trouble I've seen ; Jonah and the whale ; I double dare you (alternate take) ; True confession (alternate take) ; Let that be a lesson to you (alternate take) ; Going to shout all over God's heaven (alternate take)
Disc 5. Naturally ; I've got a pocketful of dreams ; I can't give you anything but love ; Ain't misbehavin'
Elder Eatmore's sermon on throwing stones ; Elder Eatmore's sermon on generosity ; Jeepers creepers ; What is this thing called swing? ; Rockin' chair ; Lazybones ; Hear me talkin' to ya ; Save it pretty mama ; West end blues ; Savoy blues ; Confessin, that I love you ; One Monday date ; If it's good (then I want it) ; Me and brother Bill ; Happy birthday ; Baby won't you please come home ; Poor old Joe ; Shanty boat on the Mississippi
DIsc 6. Poor old Joe ; You're a lucky guy ; You're just a no account ; Bye and bye ; hep cats' ball ; You've got me voodoo'd ; Harlem stomp ; W.P.A. ; Boog-it ; Cherry ; Marie ; Sweethearts on parade ; You run your mouth, I'll run my business ; Cut off my legs and call me shorty ; Cain and Abel ; Perdido Street blues ; 2:19 blues (Mamie's blues) ; Down in honky tonk town ; Coal cart blues; Ev'rything's been done before ; I cover the waterfront ; Into the gloaming ; Long, long ago ; Down in honky tonk town (alternate take)
Disc 7. Hey lawdy mama ; I'll get mine bye and bye ; Now do you call that a buddy ; Yes suh! ; When it's sleepy time down South ; Leap frog ; I used to love you (but it's all over now) ; (I'll be glad when you're dead) You rascal you ; (Get some) Cash for your trash ; Among my souvenirs ; Coquette ; I never knew ; Groovin' ; Baby don't you cry ; Whatcha say ; Jodie man ; I wonder ; You won't be satisfied (until you break my heart) ; The frim fram sauce ; I used to love you (but it's all over now) (alternate take) ; Among my souvenirs (alternate take) ; Coquette (alternate take) ; You won't be satisfied (until you break my heart) (alternate take) ; The frim fram sauce (alternate take).
- Louis Armstrong, trumpet and vocals ; performing with his Orchestra ; Jimmy Dorsey and his Orchestra ; the Polynesians ; Andy Iona and his Islanders (CD 2, tracks 21-22) ; the Mills Brothers ; the Decca Mixed Chorus ; the Casa Loma Orchestra ; Bob Haggart's Orchestra ; vocalists include Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald.
- Recorded in New York City between Oct 3, 1935 and June 29, 1937, between May 13, 1938 and Apr. 11, 1941, and between Jan. 14, 1945 and Jan. 18, 1946; in Los Angeles, Aug. 7-1, 1936, between Nov. 15, 1937-Jan 13, 1938, and between Apr. 17, 1942 and Aug. 9, 1944; and in Chicago, Nov. 16, 1941.
Includes previously released material.
Biographical and program notes by Dan Morgenstern, with full credits, durations and discographic data (32 p. : ill. ; 28 cm) laid in.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Joseph B. Glossberg Fund.
Fitzgerald, Ella. , Performer
Crosby, Bing, 1903-1977. , Performer
Louis Armstrong Orchestra. , Performer
Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra. , Performer
Polynesians (Musical group) , Performer
Mills Brothers. , Performer
Islanders (Musical group : Andy Iona) , Performer
Decca Mixed Chorus. , Performer
Casa Loma Orchestra. , Performer
Bob Haggart Orchestra. , Performer
Joseph B. Glossberg Fund.
- Publisher no.:
- MD7-243 Mosaic Records
B0012539-02 Mosaic Records
243 Mosaic Records
- Web link:
The Joseph B. Glossberg Fund Home Page