Access, holdings & availability
- Butt, George, 1741-1795.
- Kidderminster : Printed for the author, by G. Gower, 1793.
2 v. : ill., port. ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- isng t.h, ssnd ThLi (3) 1793 (A) v.1
4239 d.e, e:e- AnTa (3) 1793 (A) v.2
- English poetry.
- Place of Publication:
- England Kidderminster.
- Frontispiece leaf of plates in vol. 1 is a portrait of the author, signed "M. Kean delin." and "T. Nugent sculp".
Dedicated to George Annesley.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the J. Bertram Lippincott Library Fund.
RBC copy has the bookseller's description laid in.
RBC copy bound in polished calf, with gilt spines and morocco labels.
RBC copy has library shelf-mark labels affixed to the base of the spine of each vol.
RBC copy has the bookseller's label of William George's Sons, Bristol, England, on the rear paste-down endpaper of each vol.
RBC copy has the armorial bookplate of "Joannes Downall" on the front paste-down endpaper of each vol.
RBC copy has the armorial bookplate of John William Willis Bund on the front free endpaper of each vol.
RBC copy has an inscription, in ink, which reads "from John Marten Butt Esqer. Oxford", and dated 1826, on a preliminary leaf of vol. 1.
- Butt, John Martin, 1740-1769 (inscription) (RBC copy)
Downall, John, 1803-1872 (bookplate) (RBC copy)
Willis Bund, J. W. (John William), 1843-1928 (bookplate) (RBC copy)
William George's Sons (label) (RBC copy)
- Cited in:
- ESTC, T127825
- Gower, G.
Nugent, Thomas, 18th cent.
J. Bertram Lippincott Library Fund.
- Web link:
- The J. Bertram Lippincott Library Fund Home Page