Access, holdings & availability
- Shaw, William, 1749-1831.
- Other title:
- Analysis of the Gaelic language
Shaw on the Gaelic language PU
On the Gaelic language PU
- The second edition.
- Edinburgh : Printed by W. and T. Ruddiman ; For R. Jamieson ..., MDCCLXXVIII .
xviii, -171,  p. ; 23 cm. (8vo)
- lyn- reth e.ng trth (7) 1778 (R)
- Scottish Gaelic language -- Grammar -- Early works to 1800.
Scotland -- Languages -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- Scotland Edinburgh.
- "In this treatise I have entirely confined myself to the Scots Galic."--Introduction, p. xiv.
Book II (p. -115) misnumbered "Book I".
"A vocabulary of primitives": p. 165-171.
Signatures: [a]-b⁴ C-X⁴ Y².
Last page (p. ) blank.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the David Milne Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Albert C. Baugh Book Fund.
RBC copy imperfect: half-title leaf (a1) wanting.
RBC copy has an ownership label, engraved, with the initials "H.T.F." within an ornamental border, on the front paste-down endpaper.
RBC copy bound in calf, with gilt spine and morocco label.
- H. T. F. (label) (RBC copy)
- Cited in:
- ESTC, T149618
- Jamieson, Robert, 1780?-1844.
Walter and Thomas Ruddiman.
David Milne Fund.
Albert C. Baugh Book Fund.
- Other format:
- Online version: Shaw, William, 1749-1831. Analysis of the Galic language.
- Web link:
- The David Milne Fund Home Page
The Albert C. Baugh Book Fund Home Page