This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Duffin, Jacalyn.
- 2nd ed.
- Toronto ; Buffalo : University of Toronto Press, c2010.
xx, 495 p. : ill., ports. ; 24 cm.
- Medicine -- History.
- Introduction : heroes and villains in the history of medicine
The fabricated body : history of anatomy
Interrogating life : history of physiology
Science of suffering : history of pathology
First do no harm : history of treatment, pharmacology and pharmaceuticals
On becoming and being a doctor : education, licensing, payment and bioethics
Plagues and peoples : epidemic diseases in history
Why is blood special? Changing concepts of a vital humour
Technology and disease : stethoscope, hospitals and other gadgets
Work of the hand : history of surgery
Women's medicine and medicine's women : history of obstetrics and gynecology and women
Wrestling with demons : history of psychiatry
No baby, no nation : history of pediatrics
A many-faceted gem : the decline and rebirth of family medicine
When the patient is plural : public and international health
Sleuthing and science : how to research a question in medical history.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edward Potts Cheyney Memorial Fund.
- Edward Potts Cheyney Memorial Fund.
- 9780802098252 (bound)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Edward Potts Cheyney Memorial Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order