Access, holdings & availability
- Table of contents
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2006.
5 v. (1842 p.) ; 29 cm.
- American poetry -- Encyclopedias.
Poets, American -- Biography -- Encyclopedias.
- Childrens subjects:
- Poetry -- Encyclopedias.
- The most comprehensive reference on American poetry ever assembled, this encyclopedia includes more than 900 alphabetically arranged entries, contributed by approximately 350 scholars. Written for students and general readers, this set covers poetry from the colonial era to the present and gives special attention to contemporary poets and their works. Multicultural in scope, the Encyclopedia covers poets, genres, critics, poetic terms, and movements. Its entries range from Caribbean to Confessional Poetry, from Dada to Eco-poetics, from Gay and Lesbian Poetry to Literary Magazines, New Formalism, and more.
- 1. A - C
2. D - G
3. H - L
4. M - R
5. S - Z.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -1766) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Louis A. Duhring Fund.
- Gray, Jeffrey, 1944-
Balkun, Mary McAleer.
Louis A. Duhring Fund.
- 031332381X (set : alk. paper)
9780313323812 (set : alk. paper)
0313330093 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
9780313330094 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
0313330107 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
9780313330100 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
0313330115 (v. 3 : alk. paper)
9780313330117 (v. 3 : alk. paper)
0313330123 (v. 4 : alk. paper)
9780313330124 (v. 4 : alk. paper)
0313330131 (v. 5 : alk. paper)
9780313330131 (v. 5 : alk. paper)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Louis A. Duhring Fund Home Page