This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Dallas, Tex. : Schlager Group, c2010.
- Milestone documents.
4 v. (xvii, 1841 p.) : ill. ; 29 cm.
- African Americans -- History -- Sources.
United States -- History -- Sources.
- The four-volume set covers more than 130 iconic primary source documents from the Revolutionary era to the present day. Each entry offers the full text of the document in question as well as an in-depth, analytical essay that places the document in its historical context. Among the documents included in the set are Revolutionary era standards such as Patrick Henry's "Liberty or Death" speech, the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution. Important presidential sources include Thomas Jefferson's first inaugural address, Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, Franklin Roosevelt's speech following the attack on Pearl Harbor, John F. Kennedy's 1963 address on integration, and George W. Bush's address on September 11, 2001. Influential decisions of the Supreme Court are also included, from Marbury v. Madison to Brown v. Board of Education to Bush v. Gore. Critical documents related to minority rights are also present: Andrew Jackson's message "On Indian Removal," the Seneca Falls Declaration, Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream Speech," and the Equal Rights Amendment.--Publisher's website
- v.1. 1619-1852
v. 2. 1853-1900
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Hazel M. Hussong Fund.
- Finkelman, Paul, 1949-
Hazel M. Hussong Fund.
- 9781935306054 (set)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Hazel M. Hussong Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order