Access, holdings & availability
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2010.
- The Initiative for Policy Dialogue series
xvii, 446 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Measuring global poverty. The debate on globalization, poverty, and inequality : why measurement matters / Martin Ravallion ; How not to count the poor / Sanjay G. Reddy and Thomas Pogge ; A reply to Reddy and Pogge / Martin Ravallion ; How many poor people should there be : a rejoinder to Ravallion / Thomas Pogge ; Raising the standard : the war on global poverty / Surjit S. Bhalla ; Irrelevance of the $1-a-day poverty line / T.N. Srinivasan ; Use of country purchasing power parities for international comparisons of poverty levels : potential and limitations / Bettina Aten and Alan Heston ; Measuring poverty in a growing world (or measuring growth in a poor world) / Angus Deaton ; Poverty or income distribution : which do we want to measure? / Robert Johnson ; A note on the (mis)use of national accounts for estimation of household final consumption expenditures for poverty measures / Ivo Havinga, Gisèle Kamanou, Vu Quang Viet ; Unequal development in the 1990's : growing gaps in human capabilities / Sakiko Fukuda-Parr and David Stewart
Regional and country studies. Improving measurement of Latin American inequality and poverty with an eye to equitable growth policy / Albert Berry ; The changing nature of urban poverty in China / Carl Riskin and Qin Gao ; China is poorer than we thought, but no less successful in the fight against poverty / Shaohua Chen and Martin Ravallion ; Poverty decline in India in the 1990's : a reality and not an artifact / K. Sundaram and Suresh D. Tendulkar ; Living standards in Africa / David E. Sahn and Stephen D. Younger.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the John Lammey Stewart Memorial Library Fund.
Anand, Sudhir, 1946-
Segal, Paul, 1977-
Stiglitz, Joseph E.
John Lammey Stewart Memorial Library Fund.
- 9780199558032 (hbk.)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
The John Lammey Stewart Memorial Library Fund Home Page