This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Hale, Matthew, Sir, 1609-1676.
- Other title:
- At head of title: New Years gift
- London : Printed by and for Henry Hills in Blackfryers near the Waterside, [between 1689 and 1713]
1 sheet ( p.) : port. ; 44 cm.
- e.e. inal urn. n.ts (S) 1689 (Q)
Christian life -- Early works to 1800.
Religion -- Early works to 1800.
Sin -- Early works to 1800.
- Broadsides -- England -- London -- 17th century.
Broadsides -- England -- London -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- At head of title: A new years gift.
Statement of responsibility appears before title.
Horizontal chain lines.
Woodcut portrait and initial.
Text ends: To all devout Christians, who are lovers of God and true religion. The pious memory of this great and good man, ought to be celebrated among all such as have an honour for God and his true religion. This abstract was penn'd by himself, and may be of great and universal use, were it put into frames and hung up in closets, and in every room in persons of qualities houses, as well as in the houses of all others of lesser degree; which the publisher hereof prays them to consider and put in practice.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the J. Bertram Lippincott Library Fund.
Penn Libraries copy torn and mended near left-hand margin; lower half portion of left-hand margin torn off.
Hills, Henry, d. 1713, printer.
J. Bertram Lippincott Library Fund.
- Web link:
The J. Bertram Lippincott Library Fund Home Page