Access, holdings & availability
- Purtilo, Ruth B.
- 5th ed.
- St. Louis, Mo. : Elsevier/Saunders, c2011.
xxiv, 424 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Medical ethics.
- Medical subjects:
- Ethics, Professional.
Patient Rights -- ethics.
- Morality and ethics : what are they and why do they matter?
The ethical goal of professional practice : a caring response
Prototypes of ethical problems
Ethics theories and approaches : conceptual tools for ethical decision-making
A six-step process of ethical decision making in arriving at a caring response
Surviving student life ethically
Surviving professional life ethically
Living ethically within health care organizations
Living ethically as a member of the health care team
Why honor confidentiality?
Communication and information sharing
Informed consent in treatment and clinical research
Ethical issues in chronic care
Ethical issues in end of life care
Distributive justice : clinical sources of claims for health care
Compensatory and social justice : societal sources of claims for health care
Professionals as good citizens : responsibility and opportunity.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Samuel Bellet Book Fund.
- Doherty, Regina F.
Samuel Bellet Book Fund.
- 9781437708967 (pbk. : alk. paper)
143770896X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Web link:
- The Samuel Bellet Book Fund Home Page