Access, holdings & availability
- Strachan, T.
- 4th ed.
- New York : Garland Science, c2011.
xxv, 781 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Human molecular genetics.
- Medical subjects:
- Nucleic acid structure and gene expression
Chromosome structure and function
Genes in pedigrees and populations
Cells and cell-cell communication
Principles of development
Amplifying DNA : cell-based DNA cloning and PCR
Nucleic acid hybridization : principles and applications
Analyzing the structure and expression of genes and genomes
Organization of the human genome
Model organisms, comparative genomics, and evolution
Human gene expression
Studying gene function in the post-genome era
Human genetic variability and its consequences
Genetic mapping of mendelian characters
Mapping genes conferring susceptibility to complex diseases
Identifying human disease genes and susceptibility factors
Genetic testing of individuals
Pharmacogenetics, personalized medicine and population screening
New approaches to therapy
Genetic manipulation of animals for modeling disease and investigating gene function
Genetic approaches to treating disease.
- Rev. ed. of: Human molecular genetics 3 / Tom Strachan and Andrew Read. 3rd ed. c2004.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
Read, Andrew P., 1939-
Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Related Work:
- Strachan, T. Human molecular genetics 3.
- 9780815341499 (pbk.)
- Web link:
The Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund Home Page