This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Thurneisser zum Thurn, Leonhard, 1530?-1596.
- Other title:
- Onomasticum und Interpretatio oder aussführliche Erklerung
- Berlin, Gedruckt durch Nicolaum Voltzen, 1583.
, 188 p.,  double leaves of plates : port. ; 38 cm. (fol.)
Alchemy -- Dictionaries -- Polyglot.
Dictionaries, Polyglot -- Early works to 1800.
Alphabets -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- Germany Berlin.
- Largely a dictionary of alchemical terms, probably issued for use with his Megalē chymia, 1583, with which is it often bound.
Pt. 1 of the Onomasticum, a glossary of Paracelsian terms entitled "Hermēneia", appeared in 16mo, 1574; pt. 3, a botanical dictionary to accompany his Historia, sive descriptio plantarum omnium, 1578, was never published.
Title in red and black, within an ornamental woodcut border.
Signatures: pi²)(² *² A-Zz² a².
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Jonathan A. Hill Endowed Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edgar Fahs Smith Memorial Fund.
- Cited in:
- Duveen, D.I. Alchemica et chemica, p. 579
Jonathan A. Hill Endowed Fund.
Edgar Fahs Smith Memorial Fund.
- Web link:
The Jonathan A. Hill Endowed Fund Home Page
The Edgar Fahs Smith Memorial Fund Home Page