Access, holdings & availability
- [Widescreen presentation].
- New York, NY : Films for the Humanities & Sciences ; [London] : BBC, c2010.
1 videodisc (59 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
Hamar (African people) -- Social life and customs.
Women, Hamar -- Social conditions.
Women, Hamar -- Social life and customs.
Documentary television programs.
Ethnographic television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English and Hamar with subtitles in English.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System details:
- : DVD-R, all regions.
- "In England, Anna de Vere won't leave the house without putting on nail polish. In Ethiopia's drought-stricken Omo Valley, where she has come to live with the struggling Hamar tribe, her only cosmetic is the red ocher rubbed into her hair--a tradition among Hamar women and an emblem of the cultural shifts the 52-year-old Anna must contend with. This program records her month-long adventure and its impact on her way of living and thinking."--Container.
- Narrator, Paul McCann.
- Editor, Nico Bee; music, Paul Pritchard; research, Eleanor Emanuel, Jessica Winteringham; translators, Ruth Getachew ... [et al.].
- Videodisc release of the documentary television program originally broadcast in 2009.
Aspect ratio 16:9.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
Alwen, John. , Director, Producer
McGann, Paul. , Narrator
Pritchard, Paul. , Composer
Emanuel, Eleanor. , Researcher
Winteringham, Jessica. , Researcher
Diverse Bristol, Ltd. , Producer
Goldhawk Productions. , Producer
British Broadcasting Company. , Distributor, Producer
Films for the Humanities & Sciences (Firm) , Distributor
John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
- Publisher no.:
- 43373 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
FFH 43373 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
43373-K Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- Web link:
The John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund Home Page