Access, holdings & availability
- London : The Royal Anthropological institute, 2005.
1 videodisc (71 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Vasisht Giri.
Ascetics -- India.
Pilgrims and pilgrimages -- India.
Hindu priests -- India.
Sadhus -- India.
Hinduism -- India.
- Documentary films.
- System details:
- : DVD ; PAL.
- The movie is the story of two Hindu ascetics (sadhus). Uma is a Swedish woman, and Vasisht Giri, an Indian man. Together, they go on a pilgrimage of self-discovery into the Himalaya Mountains, towards the springs of River Ganges, in pursuit of Hindu saints and mystics. During their journey, they meet a sadhu who has not spoken a word for twelve years. They sleep in caves and huts of the ascetics. After twenty-seven years of searching, Uma finally finds the spiritual mentor she has been looking for all her life.
- Filmed and edited by Michael Yorke ; music, Sam Gills.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Classes of 1883 and 1884 Fund.
- Yorke, Michael. , Director, Narrator
Vasisht Giri. , Associated name
Uma Giri. , Associated name
Gills,Sam. , Composer
Upside Films. , Producer
Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland. , Distributor
Classes of 1883 and 1884 Fund.
- Web link:
- The Classes of 1883 and 1884 Fund Home Page