This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Standardized title:
- Miroir (Paris, France)
- London : distributed by Royal Anthropological Institute, 2005.
1 videodisc (87 mn) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Wana (Indonesian people) -- Religion.
Wana (Indonesian people) -- Social life and customs.
Shamans -- Indonesia -- Celebes.
- Documentary films.
- In Pamona (?) with subtitles in English.
- System details:
- : DVD, PAL, Region 0.
- "Among the Wana people, semi-nomads from the Indonesian forest, Indo Pino is a shaman recognized by everybody. Her nephew, who is also a shaman's son, converted to Christianity some months ago and is now preaching apocalyptic visions. And for him, if these visions come from [G]od, the visions of the shamans inevitably must come from Satan. Through the Christian concepts of sin and original fault, good and evil notions are revised. The traditional healing practices of the shamans are heavily under attack. Under our eyes a fight between two worlds of religious belief is taking place."--Container.
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2005.
Container also lists Gabriel Chabamier as 'filmmaker.'
Aspect ratio 4:3.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Classes of 1883 and 1884 Fund.
- Nougarol, Gérard. , Director, Producer
Journet, Martine. , Director, Producer
Chabamier, Gabriel. , Associated name
Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland. , Distributor
Classes of 1883 and 1884 Fund.
- Web link:
- The Classes of 1883 and 1884 Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order