This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- [North Vancouver, B.C.] : First Nations Films, [1998?]
1 videodisc (24 min) : digital, sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Indians of North America -- Music.
Indians of North America -- Canada -- Music.
Indians of North America -- Rites and ceremonies.
- Musicial films.
- System details:
- : DVD format.
- The drum is the heartbeat of Mother Earth; to beat the drum is to match the heartbeat. As we sing our songs to the drum we "talk to the spirits". From rock and roll to electronic to traditional music, this is an upbeat, fast-paced program as four "high profile" Canadian First Nations musical performers and songwriters are profiled.
- Host/narrator, Tim Michel ; performers, Jerry Alfred and the Medicine Beat, Sandy Scofield, Chuck Sam, Renae Morriseau.
- Camera, Craig Lawrence, Bruce Clark ; editor, Duncan White.
- May not play on all DVD players.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the J. Fithian Tatem Memorial Fund.
- Hersley, Richard. , Director, Producer
Morriseau, Renae. , Producer, Performer
Michel, Tim. , Host, Narrator
Alfred, Jerry. , Performer
Scofield, Sandy. , Performer
Sam, Chuck. , Performer
Medicine Beat (Musical group) , Performer
First Nations Films. , Producer, Distributor
J. Fithian Tatem Memorial Fund.
- Web link:
- The J. Fithian Tatem Memorial Fund Home Page