Access, holdings & availability
- Connect to resource.
Restricted for use by site license.
- Other title:
- Sanborn maps geo edition
Sanborn geo edition
Sanborn city geo edition
ProQuest Sanborn maps geo edition (1867-1970)
- [Ann Arbor, Mich.] : ProQuest UMI, [2009?]
Scale not given.
- Cartographic Data:
- Scale not given.
- Fire insurance -- United States -- Maps.
Cities and towns -- United States -- Maps.
Surveys -- Maps.
Fire insurance maps.
Electronic reference sources.
- System details:
- : Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "ProQuest Sanborn Maps Geo Edition (1867-1970) provides digital access to thousands of large-scale maps of American towns and cities, searchable by address and GPS coordinates. Sanborn fire insurance maps are the most frequently consulted maps in libraries. Founded in 1867 by D. A. Sanborn, the Sanborn Map Company was the primary American publisher of fire insurance maps for nearly 100 years. By applying the latest in geo-referencing technology to the collections, Sanborn Maps Geo Edition allows for increased discovery and greater ease of use that can unlock the histories of urban America. Historians, urban planners, architects, environmentalists, geographers, genealogists, and others will find the maps a valuable tool for exploring the grid of everyday life in more than 12,000 U.S. towns and cities across a century of change. Maps contain detailed data such as building outlines, size, use, construction details, and function of structures. They also give street names, street and sidewalk widths, property boundaries, house and block numbers, and other features like pipelines, railroads, and wells, and dumps."--Publisher information.
- Title from home page (viewed on Dec. 21, 2010).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Sanborn Map Company.
ProQuest Information and Learning Company.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Web link:
- The Rosengarten Family Fund Home Page