Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Corpus inscriptionum Iudaeae Palaestinae
Multi-lingual corpus of the inscriptions from Alexander to Muhammad
- Berlin ; New York : De Gruyter, c2010-
v. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Jewish inscriptions -- Israel.
Inscriptions -- Middle East.
- Anyone involved in the study of ancient Iudaea/Palaestina and its vicinity has felt the need for a comprehensive work containing all the inscriptions in various languages found in the region. The lack of such a work was all the more regrettable, as the material concerns not only those interested in the region, but also students of a great variety of related subjects, such as the history of the ancient Near East, ancient Jewish history and early Christianity, and, of course, historians of the Hellenistic, Roman and Byzantine periods. The inscriptions are presented within their specific context, and complemented by a translation and commentary; where available, the texts are accompanied by a reproduction.
- v.1. Jerusalem, pt.1 : 1-704 ; pt. 2. 705-1120 / Hanna M. Cotton ... [et al.], eds.
v.2. Caesarea and the Middle coast : 1121-2160 / Walter Ameling ... [et al.], eds.
v.3. South coast : 2161-2648 / Walter Ameling ... [et al.], eds.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Barney and Eleanor Frommer Memorial Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
Barney and Eleanor Frommer Memorial Fund.
- 3110222191 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9783110222197 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Web link:
The Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund Home Page
The Barney and Eleanor Frommer Memorial Fund Home Page