This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Connect to full text.
Restricted for use by site license.
- Ogden, Thomas E.
- 3rd ed.
- San Diego, Calif. : Academic Press, c2002.
1 online resource (xvi, 368 p.) : ill. (some col.)
- Proposal writing in medicine.
Medicine -- Research grants -- United States.
- Medical subjects:
- National Institutes of Health (U.S.)
Research Support -- United States.
Writing -- United States.
Financing, Organized -- United States.
- Part One: Beginning grantsmanship
1. The NIH and other sources of research support
2. A strong proposal
3. Proposal review
4. The R01 research grant
5. The abstract and specific aims
6. Background and significance
7. Preliminary studies
8. Research design and methods
9. The budget
10. Biographical sketch, research support, and resources
11. Human subjects
12. Animal subjects
13. Consortiums, contracts, consultants, and collaborators
14. Literature cited and appendixes
15. Revision of an unfunded proposal
16. Competing renewal of R01 projects (progress reports)
17. Proposal submission and supplementary materials
18. Your first grant award (R, F, or K)
19. Advice for beginners in academia.
Part two: Advanced grantsmanship
20. Small business grants
21. Program project grants (P01)
22. Center grants
23. Construction grants
24. T32 institutional research training program grants
25. Instrumentation grants.
A. Information sources: private foundation and government web sites, and study section contacts
B. Summary statements, reviewer comments, assignment, award, and triage letters
C. Examples of figures from preliminary data
D. Examples of design format
E. Instructions to reviewers concerning human subjects
F. Suggested reading.
- Description based on print version record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 353-354) and index.
Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. Available via World Wide Web.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund.
- Goldberg, Israel A.
Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund.
- Other format:
- Print version: Research proposals.
- 0080480667 (electronic bk.)
9780080480664 (electronic bk.)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund Home Page