Access, holdings & availability
- Hijab, O.
- 3rd ed.
- New York : Springer, c2011
- Undergraduate texts in mathematics.
Undergraduate texts in mathematics
xii, 363 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- 1. The set of real numbers. Sets and mappings
The set R
The subset N and the principle of induction
The completeness property
Sequences and limits
Nonnegative series and decimal expansions
Signed series and Cauchy sequences
2. Continuity. Compactness
3. Differentiation. Derivatives
4. Integration. The Cantor set
The fundamental theorem of calculus
The method of exhaustion
5. Applications. Euler's gamma function
The number [Greek letter pi]
Gauss' arithmetic-geometric mean (AGM)
The Gaussian integral
Stirling's approximation of n!
Jacobi's theta functions
Riemann's zeta function
The Euler-Maclaurin formula
A. Solutions. A.1. Solutions to Chapter 1
A.2. Solutions to Chapter 2
A.3. Solutions to Chapter 3
A.4. Solutions to Chapter 4
A.5. Solutions to Chapter 5
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 357) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Elizabeth Bowers Peck, 1929 Endowment Book Fund.
- Elizabeth Bowers Peck, 1929 Endowment Book Fund.
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Elizabeth Bowers Peck, 1929 Endowment Book Fund Home Page