This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Berkeley, CA : Berkeley Media, c2001.
1 videodisc (57 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Navajo Indians -- Monument Valley (Ariz. and Utah) -- Social conditions.
Navajo Indians -- Monument Valley (Ariz. and Utah) -- Social life and customs.
Navajo Indians -- Monument Valley (Ariz. and Utah) -- Claims.
Navajo Indians -- Monument Valley (Ariz. and Utah) -- Government relations.
Uranium mines and mining -- Monument Valley (Ariz. and Utah) -- History.
Radioactivity -- Physiological effect -- Monument Valley (Ariz. and Utah)
- Documentary films.
- English and Navajo with English subtitles.
- System details:
- : DVD-R.
- The resurfacing of a decades-old film reunites a man and his family and explores radioactivity problems on the Navajo reservation. The original film, Navaho boy: the Monument Valley story, produced by Robert J. Kennedy, chronicled the Cly and Begay families. The new film, Return of Navajo boy, juxtaposes the families' lives now and then. The current film also explores the effects of uranium exposure from the mines on the Navajo Nation on the health of the Navajo people. It documents the return/reunion of John Wayne Cly, a Navaho boy, taken as a child by missionaries around 1960 from his Navajo family.
- Lorenzo Begay.
- Director of photography, Mark Eveslage ; edited by Sharon Karp ; music by Douglas Spotted Eagle ; advisors, Francis Mike ... [et al.] ; Navajo translations & subtitles, Bennie Klain.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1897 Book Fund.
- Spitz, Jeff. , Producer, Director
Klain, Bennie. , Producer
Begay, Lorenzo. , Narrator
Jeff Spitz Productions. , Producer
Berkeley Media. , Distributor
Class of 1897 Book Fund.
- Web link:
- The Class of 1897 Book Fund Home Page