This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Connect to full text.
Restricted for use by site license.
- Other title:
- Archives Unbound
- Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, 2011.
- Archives unbound. [Electronic resource]
1 online resource (64,752 images)
- China -- Foreign relations -- Japan.
Japan -- Foreign relations -- China.
China -- Foreign relations -- 1912-1949.
Japan -- Foreign relations -- 1912-1945.
China -- Civilization -- 1912-1949.
Japan -- Civilization -- 1926-1945.
Eastern question (Far East)
- The records in this collection relate to political relations between China and Japan for the period 1930 -1939. The records are mostly instructions to and despatches from diplomatic and consular officials; the despatches are often accompanied by enclosures. Also included in these records are notes between the Department of State and foreign diplomatic representatives in the United States, memorandums prepared by officials of the Department. There are records on: the Japanese occupation of Manchuria, beginning with the Mukden incident, in 1931; military action at Shanghai in 1932; further Japanese political and economic penetration into China, 1935-1936; and the course of the undeclared war between Japan and China, 1937-1939.
- Date range of documents: 1930-1939.
Reproduction of the originals from the National Archives (U.S.).
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, 2011. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- United States. Dept. of State.
United States. National Archives and Records Administration.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Web link:
- The Rosengarten Family Fund Home Page