This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Hillstrom, Kevin, 1963-
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : CQ Press, c2012.
xxiii, 717 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Medical policy -- United States -- History.
Medical laws and legislation -- United States -- History.
- Medical subjects:
- Health Policy -- history -- United States.
Delivery of Health Care -- history -- United States.
Health Policy -- legislation & jurisprudence -- United States.
History, Modern 1601- -- United States.
Politics -- United States.
- Health care and medical practice in the new world (1600-1800)
Health care and regulation in antebellum America (1800-1860)
The professionalization of American medicine (1860-1890)
Health care in the progressive era (1890-1920)
The struggle over health insurance between the wars (1920-1940)
Partisan jousting over health care in the postwar era (1940-1960)
Medicare changes the health care landscape (1960-1980)
Restraining health care costs in the age of Reagan (1980-1990)
The Clinton health plan and scorched-earth politics (1990-2000)
Controversial policy prescriptions for American health care (2000-2010).
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edward Potts Cheyney Memorial Fund.
- Edward Potts Cheyney Memorial Fund.
9781608710263 (alk. paper)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Edward Potts Cheyney Memorial Fund Home Page