This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Webb, A. R. (Andrew R.)
- 3rd ed.
- Oxford : Wiley-Blackwell, 2011.
xxiv, 642 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Pattern perception -- Statistical methods.
Decision making -- Mathematical models.
- "Statistical pattern recognition relates to the use of statistical techniques for analysing data measurements in order to extract information and make justified decisions. It is a very active area of study and research, which has seen many advances in recent years. Applications such as data mining, web searching, multimedia data retrieval, face recognition, and cursive handwriting recognition, all require robust and efficient pattern recognition techniques. This third edition provides an introduction to statistical pattern theory and techniques, with material drawn from a wide range of fields, including the areas of engineering, statistics, computer science and the social sciences. The book has been updated to cover new methods and applications, and includes a wide range of techniques such as Bayesian methods, neural networks, support vector machines, feature selection and feature reduction techniques.Technical descriptions and motivations are provided, and the techniques are illustrated using real examples. The in-depth technical descriptions make the book suitable for senior undergraduate and graduate students in statistics, computer science and engineering. Statistical Pattern Recognition is also an excellent reference source for technical professionals. Chapters have been arranged to facilitate implementation of the techniques by software engineers and developers in non-statistical engineering fields."--Publisher's website.
- Introduction to statistical pattern recognition
Linear discriminant analysis
Nonlinear discriminant analysis-kernel and projection methods
Rule and decision tree induction
Feature selection and extraction
- Previous ed.: New York: Wiley, 2002.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -636) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Elizabeth Bowers Peck, 1929 Endowment Book Fund.
Copsey, Keith D.
Elizabeth Bowers Peck, 1929 Endowment Book Fund.
- 9780470682272 (hbk.)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
The Elizabeth Bowers Peck, 1929 Endowment Book Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order