This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, c2011.
x, 224 p. ; 18 cm.
Islam and state -- Turkey.
Secularism -- Turkey.
Turkey -- Politics and government -- 1980-
Introduction: Secular State and Pious Muslims: Neither Rivals nor Allies for Life. Berna Turam
1. The Dynamic Nature of Educational Policies and Turkish Nation-Building: Where does Religion Fit in? / Yesim Bayar
2. Islam, Nation-State, and the Military: A Discussion of Secularism in Turkey / Sinem Gurbey
3. Secularists as the Saviors of Islam: Rearticulation of secularism and the freedom of conscience in Turkey (1950) / Umut Azak
4. Does Secularism Face a Serious Threat in Turkey? / Metin Heper
5. Christian and Turkish: Secularist Fears of a Converted Nation / Esra Ozyurek
6. Market Oriented Post-Islamism in Turkey / Tugrul Keskin
7. Conflict, Democratic Reform and Big Business: Factors Shaping the Economic Elite's Position for Change / Devrim Yavuz
8. Towards conceptual integration of religious actors in democracy and civil society / Aviad Rubin
Afterword / Murat Gunes Tezcur
Notes on Contributors.
- Based on a conference held in Amherst, Mass. and Hampshire College.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Phi Beta Kappa Library Trust Fund.
Phi Beta Kappa Library Trust Fund.
9780230338616 (alk. paper)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
The Phi Beta Kappa Library Trust Fund Home Page