Access, holdings & availability
- Phelps, Charles E.
- 4th ed.
- New York : Addison-Wesley, c2010.
- Addison-Wesley series in economics.
The Addison-Wesley series in economics
xvi, 640 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Medical economics.
Medical economics -- United States.
- Medical subjects:
- Economics, Medical -- United States.
Delivery of Health Care -- economics -- United States.
Insurance, Health -- economics -- United States.
- Why health economics?
Utility and health
The transformation of medical care to health
The demand for medical care : conceptual framework
Empirical studies of medical care demand and applications
The physician and the physician firm
Physicians in the marketplace
The hospital as a supplier of medical care
Hospitals in the marketplace
The demand for health insurance
Health insurance supply and managed care
Government provision of health insurance
Externalities in health and medical care
Managing the market : regulation and technical change in health care
Universal insurance issues and international comparisons of health care systems.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 595-621) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Web link:
- The Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund Home Page